Character Creation

load previous
Mar 24, 2016 1:42 pm
thedandyman says:

@Naatkinson is there a monastery or the equivalent thereof in the area where Gongar and Xandak would have met?
I'm sorry, I totally missed this question! I am not super familiar with Golarion (the world of Pathfinder), so I'm not sure if there are any nearby monasteries. When I tried to look it up I couldn't find much besides the House of Blue Stones, which is actually IN the town of Sandpoint.
Mar 24, 2016 5:00 pm

@Keleth - Hero Forge doesn't require any artistry - it's a character creation tool about like any other character creation you'd find in a video game. Pick your race, gender, height, weight, facial expression, clothing, items, etc, and it generates the minifigure for you!

@Naatkinson - is it a monastery where Xandak could have done his martial arts training? If so, that would be a perfect candidate, and give him an even better reason to want to come back to Sandpoint by being familiar with the people and history of the town.

Also, I've been super busy with work this week, and it looks like this weekend I'm going to be even busier. Probably won't be able to get back on until sunday afternoon. Sorry about that!
Last edited March 24, 2016 5:28 pm
Mar 24, 2016 5:34 pm
Yeah, he could definitely have done his training there. They worship the God Irori, the God of monks
Mar 24, 2016 6:46 pm
Sweet! So his family probably owned a farm or something outside of town, so he's not actually from Sandpoint, but he's close enough that he had been there once or twice before and would think to go there after the bandit raid.
Last edited March 24, 2016 9:42 pm
Apr 11, 2016 4:16 pm
I forgot about traits again. The list is long and hard to parse through, heh. Given I don't see traits leaning to healing, anyone have thoughts to that? I was thinking of finding a trait that related to my having been a village healer and to find one relating to my character having lived on their own as a hermit (foraging? hunting? something like that).
Apr 11, 2016 4:47 pm
I'm actually seeing plenty of healing-related traits but they have to do with the use of the Heal skill so maybe that's not what you're looking for.
Apr 11, 2016 5:55 pm
Eeeer... how did I not see those? I'm looking on the SRD; maybe I have to look again. I actually realized I forgot to take the heal skill, which doesn't make sense for my character.
Jun 24, 2016 12:24 am
Yay hit points!

Rolls

Hit Points - (1d10+2)

(7) + 2 = 9

Jun 24, 2016 2:43 am
Not a bad roll at all
Jun 25, 2016 2:48 am
I assume HP rolls are the same as it is in D&D? Die roll + con modifier?

Also, I finally got around to looking at traits. I think I'm gonna take the Open Hand and Mind trait, and as for the campaign trait, I'm trying to decide between Giant Slayer and Scholar of the Ancients. The latter is really cool flavor-wise and is in line with his monk studies. On the other hand, Giant Slayer lines up almost perfectly with his backstory. All I have to do is say it was a band of Giants that raided his home (or maybe even that it was a group of bandits LED by a giant?) and it fits like a glove.

I also get to pick a bonus feat from a small list, since I hit level 2, and I'm considering taking Deflect Arrows, but I'm a little unsure as to how it works. It says:
Quote:
You must have at least one hand free (holding nothing) to use this feat. Once per round when you would normally be hit with an attack from a ranged weapon, you may deflect it so that you take no damage from it. You must be aware of the attack and not flat-footed. Attempting to deflect a ranged attack doesn't count as an action. Unusually massive ranged weapons (such as boulders or ballista bolts) and ranged attacks generated by natural attacks or spell effects can't be deflected.
Does that mean I can just always deflect one ranged attack aimed at me once per turn? Or is there a roll involved? I assume there's a roll but it says nothing about what that roll is, so...

One more question. I've got the Toughness feat:
Quote:
You gain +3 hit points. For every Hit Die you possess beyond 3, you gain an additional +1 hit point. If you have more than 3 Hit Dice, you gain +1 hit points whenever you gain a Hit Die (such as when you gain a level).
If I'm understanding this correctly, does this mean I only gain the extra +1 HP per level from the feat upon reaching level 4, and every level thereafter?
Last edited June 25, 2016 3:06 am

Rolls

HP - (1d10+1)

(10) + 1 = 11

Jun 25, 2016 3:34 am
First, awesome hp roll! Second, yes, deflect arrows means you ignore the first ranged attack from a target you can see per round, thirdly yes toughness front loads the extra HP, you don't gain more until level 4.
Jun 25, 2016 3:54 am
Fatenori covered it pretty well, and you have it correct
Jun 25, 2016 2:20 pm
Health?

EDIT: No health...

Rolls

HP - (1d6)

(2) = 2

Jun 25, 2016 9:08 pm
Oh yeah, we get skill ranks every time we level up! I need to allocate those.
Also I think since I rolled max HP, I'm gonna take the extra skill rank instead of the extra point of HP from the favored class.
I ended up taking the giant slayer trait, as it's just too perfect for Xandak, and went with the Scorpion Style bonus feat, in hopes of later getting Gorgon's Fist and Medusa's Wrath.

And with that... I do believe Xandak is fully leveled up!
Jun 26, 2016 6:20 am
Here comes the HP.

Damn, going to take the extra +1 HP, and adding survival and swimming as skills.

And I'm taking double slice as my new feat.
Last edited June 26, 2016 6:43 am

Rolls

Lvl 2 HP - (1d10+2)

(3) + 2 = 5

Jun 26, 2016 8:07 am
Rolling for Level 2 HP. Craptastic.
Last edited June 26, 2016 8:08 am

Rolls

Level 2 HP - (1d10+2)

(4) + 2 = 6

Jun 26, 2016 2:55 pm
Due to the bad rolls, I'm going to allow anyone who rolls under half to just take half... so a d6 gets 3, d8 gets 4, d10 gets 5, and d12 gets 6 at the minimum.
Jun 26, 2016 5:07 pm
Woohoo for everyone rolling badly ;-(

And a big hug for our awesome GM
Aug 9, 2016 12:41 pm
Level 2 HP roll

EDIT: Yikes. Is that "take half" option still available?
Last edited August 9, 2016 12:44 pm

Rolls

HP - (1d8+1)

(2) + 1 = 3

Aug 9, 2016 1:17 pm
Naat, I got started on him. I have everything lined up except for equipment. Take a look and see what you think thus far. I'll finish piecing together the equipment later this evening.

irvanovich sent a note to Naatkinson
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.