Forever DM trying anything to play

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jun 6, 2020 1:56 pm
Hey, I am a longtime DM looking into new things in order to play a character for the first time!(Hopefully lol)
I've played a ran 4th and 5th edition D&D and have a loose understanding of Fate, and the world of darkness setting. Like I said though, I've never played on the other side of the screen, but I'm looking forward to this site and the people on it!
Jun 6, 2020 1:57 pm
Welcome!
You'll definitely be able to find something to play in here. People are starting up new games almost every day. Just keep your eyes open and soon you'll be in more games than you can handle xD
Jun 6, 2020 2:05 pm
Welcome Suturelord! Hope you find some great games to play! Even the oft maligned 4e gets some love from time to time.
Jun 6, 2020 3:02 pm
I've been thinking of running a 3.5 D&D game where the characters are transported to the middle of WW2. It would only use core books and maybe D20 Modern too. Not sure how much interest there is for that though.
Jun 6, 2020 3:23 pm
Or I could maybe do Wraith the Oblivion 2e also, but I'm less familiar with that. Decisions lol.
Jun 6, 2020 3:54 pm
Suturelord, I have a Mutants & Masterminds 3E game just starting to get underway if you might be interested in that.

https://gamersplane.com/forums/thread/17518/
Jun 6, 2020 5:11 pm
Hello and welcome!

Len

Jun 6, 2020 6:15 pm
Welcome Suturelord! Stepping on the other side of the screen can be a real joy, and in all rpgs, but I think especially in the play by post medium, dedicated and consistent players are the lifeblood of every game. Plus, having so much DM experience will help you be the kind of player your DM appreciates, and I have found that being a player has also enriched my DMing.

To get familiar with the site, check out the New GP Member Guide which was constructed to answers some of the common questions newcomers might have.

New games are always popping up. If you watch the Games Tavern I'm sure you'll find one in no time!

If you're interested in spectating, here is an index of public games.

We'd love to have you join us on the Discord server as well for real time chat about the site, RPGs in general, and just about anything!

Happy gaming!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.