New Kid on the Block

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jun 16, 2020 1:44 pm
Hi all! I just heard about Gamers Plane a couple days ago (through a post on r/PbP).

I've spent most of my RPG life as a player, though I've tried my hand at GMing a couple times, too.

My favorite game system is probably Pathfinder 1e with Spheres. My introduction to tabletop RPGs was D&D 4e and then 3.5 (the friends I met in college had recently started 4e before I met them; then later we switched back to 3.5). My experience with Numenera has been far too brief, and I have just barely gotten a taste of Godbound, but I'd like to see more of both of those.

I have been on other forums that do PbP gaming, and the way Gamers Plane is organized feels very foreign to me--I think I'm starting to figure out some of the basic layout from exploring, but I think there's also a lot I won't understand until I'm in an actual game, so I'll look forward to that day.

I looked at a couple other intro threads before writing my own, so I've already joined your Discord. See you around!
Jun 16, 2020 1:50 pm
Welcome, it's quite simple when you get a hang of it. Check out the Games Tavern where people post looking for games or players, or click on the Games tab at the top to check out which games are open or start your own as a DM, and always feel free to ask questions, people are very friendly on here :)
Jun 16, 2020 2:05 pm
Welcome Keante032, hope you find some great games!
Jun 16, 2020 2:19 pm
Welcome, Keante!
Jun 16, 2020 2:26 pm
Hey Keante032,

Cool avatar.

https://jolenebassoon.files.wordpress.com/2016/03/bernstein_quote.jpg
^ also said by Alaric Hawkwinter the bard (and if it wasn't, I'm sure it will be).
Jun 16, 2020 3:31 pm
Welcome aboard.

Len

Jun 16, 2020 11:59 pm
Keante032, welcome!

To get familiar with the site, check out the New GP Member Guide which was constructed to answers some of the common questions newcomers might have.

New games are always popping up. If you watch the Games Tavern I'm sure you'll find one in no time!

If you're interested in spectating, here is an index of public games.

We'd love to have you join us on the Discord server as well for real time chat about the site, RPGs in general, and just about anything!

Happy gaming!
Jun 17, 2020 5:08 pm
Hello and welcome!
Jun 17, 2020 7:38 pm
Welcome now roll a d6 :)
Jun 17, 2020 10:15 pm
runekyndig says:
Welcome now roll a d6 :)
Bah! I can't actually roll here, can I? I'm guessing that part of the advanced posting window only becomes available when in a game.

Len

Jun 17, 2020 11:02 pm
You are correct, you can't embed a roll in a post on this thread.
Jun 18, 2020 8:25 am
LOL that explains why no one is roll the d6 then :)
Sorry I did not realize this. I have to change my greeting then. Welcome anyway :)

You do not have permission to post in this thread.