Greetings, Hello, Salutations and Such

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jun 23, 2020 11:33 am
Hello,
I'm Jeff, 38 y/o and father of two. Tabletop Games have been in my life for a little better than 4 years and I have enjoyed the hobby since my introduction to the hobby. I've also enjoyed playing Hero Kids with my kids...a game I highly recommend for young ones.

Gamers Plane was a forum and platform that I came across by chance when it was suggested I look into play-by-post games as an alternative by some fellow hobbyists. Overall, I look forward to flexing my Game Master muscles and play in a game or two.

Selah
Jun 23, 2020 12:00 pm
Welcome to GP!

I think you came to the right place and I'm looking forward to playing with you or in a game you're running here.
What systems, aside from Hero Kids, do you like?
Jun 23, 2020 12:03 pm
bowlofspinach says:
Welcome to GP!

I think you came to the right place and I'm looking forward to playing with you or in a game you're running here.
What systems, aside from Hero Kids, do you like?
Hi. Thank you. I'm looking forward to playing and running one or two perhaps as well. I was previously on another PbP site and the two games I was in fell through. So, I'm definitely going to take my time and hopefully find some long-term players or GMs. :)

As far as games I lean more towards some of the OSR type games for that traditional fantasy type gameplay, but I also don't mind some of what I feel are more abstract systems like FATE. I've also enjoyed Deadlands with the Savage Worlds system and I was temporarily in a GURPS game on another site that did well.

What kind of games do you play/run here?
Jun 23, 2020 12:48 pm
I run a Smallville game, two homebrews and one 1 pager I found online randomly.
I'm playing in tons of games. I mostly prefer simpler, more narrative games on here but I'm also in some D&D and Pathfinder. I'm playing in Fate as well and I'm trying Savage Worlds from time to time as well but haven't found a lasting one of that yet.
What I love on this site is the variety of games being played. I found some systems I never would have had the chance to play otherwise.
Jun 23, 2020 1:10 pm
A Smallville game! What a neat concept. What system do you utilize to run it?

Yeah, I've been in a few games that were going ok and then either the players or GM disappeared. I suppose that is life on PbP gaming. It has happened to me on both forums and Discord. But, we keep searching and hopefully find some dedicated people. :)
Jun 23, 2020 1:38 pm
The Smallville RPG :)

It's one of those great systems I would have never found without this site and now it's probably my favorite system.
Jun 23, 2020 1:49 pm
bowlofspinach says:
The Smallville RPG :)

It's one of those great systems I would have never found without this site and now it's probably my favorite system.
It does sound like a good time!
Jun 23, 2020 1:49 pm
Windyridge says:
Hello and welcome!
Thanks. Hope all is well.
Jun 23, 2020 1:54 pm
How long have you folks been on this site?
Jun 23, 2020 1:58 pm
You can check that if you click on someone's profile. I joined February 2019
Jun 23, 2020 2:07 pm
Oh ok. Thanks. *dunce moment* lol

Len

Jun 23, 2020 4:24 pm
Welcome Jeff!

To get familiar with the site, check out the New GP Member Guide which was constructed to answers some of the common questions newcomers might have.

New games are always popping up. If you watch the Games Tavern I'm sure you'll find one in no time!

If you're interested in spectating, here is an index of public games.

We'd love to have you join us on the Discord server as well for real time chat about the site, RPGs in general, and just about anything!

Happy gaming!
Jun 23, 2020 4:40 pm
Already checking it out. Thanks!
Jun 23, 2020 5:03 pm
CancerMan says:
Welcome!
Well thank you. Nice Avatar!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.