Not new to pbp, just new here

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Aug 23, 2020 6:14 pm
Hi, everyone. I've been doing pbp on a variety of sites for about 10 years. I'm mostly a D&D 4e kind of guy at this point because I haven't taken the time to learn any other systems lately (though I do remember Earthdawn fondly...), and those games are hard to find on other sites, and even harder to keep going, so here I am, looking to try my luck.

I've been on both sides of the DM screen, though I'm not a particularly good DM. I like pbp because I like to write about my characters - it gives me space to tell you about them. I try to keep the posts a little light and humorous (some think I succeed, some disagree), adjusting as the tone of the game requires it.

Looking forward to playing with some of you soon...
Aug 23, 2020 6:22 pm
Welcome aboard. Enjoy your stay.
Aug 23, 2020 6:29 pm
Welcome, Abelard!

GP generally leans towards lighter systems but I've seen 4e games open up here before. If you're planning to run one, I'm sure you'd be able to find players for it. Being a player in one might take longer but it's possible someone would be interested in running 4e if you request it.

If you want to see how GP functions, check out the New GP Member Guide and maybe look through some public games as well.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You might also want to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

Happy gaming!
Aug 23, 2020 8:06 pm
Hi and welcome!
Aug 24, 2020 1:16 am
Thanks, everyone!
Aug 24, 2020 2:54 am
Hello and welcome!

Len

Aug 24, 2020 2:55 am
Welcome! I don't see a lot of 4e games run, but there is a fair bit of appreciation for the system. Best of luck!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.