Hello there

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Aug 29, 2020 9:15 pm
I've played on this site a little when a friend started running a game here, but kind of stagnated after that. Looking to get back into the swing of things. I am a huge anime nerd and big geek in general. My favorite animes are Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, Demon Slayer, Sailor moon, and Black Butler. I love gothic horror and Poe is one of my favorite authors. My aesthetic is pastel/galaxy/gore type things. I play loveable dumbass pretty boys or bad-ass women generally but am fairly flexible in my rping. My favorite movie is the Dark Knight and I love Ghibli with a burning passion (Howl's Moving Castle is my favorite). I'm still trying to join some games, but don't hear back. Is it rude to pm people if I haven't heard back within a month?

Anyway, pleasure to meet you!
Aug 29, 2020 9:28 pm
Welcome! :)

I'm not certain about PMing folks... Maybe someone with more experience here could answer that. I certainly wouldn't take offense.
Aug 29, 2020 9:31 pm
Welcome, Deviousdolly01! There's no protocol against PMing people. However, I will say that the usual way to join a game on GP is to respond to interest check threads in the Games Tavern forum first. Many times, open games are filled by giving preference to those who've already indicated interest there, or in the Interest Check channel on the GP Discord. But you can certainly PM people to ask about joining, as well.
Aug 29, 2020 9:40 pm
Quote:
Let me know if you need links to those, although I imagine user extraordinaire bowlofspinach will be dropping by your introduction post to drop those links soon.
It is I, come to drop some links xD

Since you've used this site before, you're probably familiar with how it generally works but you might still be interested in checking out the New GP Member Guide or some public games as well.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players. Generally, if you're looking for a game to join, replying to an interest check there is the way to do it.

You might also want to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

Happy gaming!
Aug 29, 2020 11:14 pm
Welcome!
Aug 29, 2020 11:20 pm
Our discord also has an anime channel.

Welcome aboard
Aug 30, 2020 12:46 am
Wait, we have a Discord channel?!?!?
Aug 30, 2020 1:44 am
Howdy!

About PMing, I actually did that to join some ongoing games when I first signed up here, and it worked. Moonbeam's right that when a game is brand-new, the most likely way to get in is to respond to any thread the GM posts asking for general interest. That said, if you see an older game that looks intriguing, and it shows it's not full (like 4/5 players or whatever), go ahead and PM the GM. Maybe let them know why you're interested and see what happens. Folks are generally very nice around her, so worst-case they just ignore it. Good luck!
Last edited August 30, 2020 1:45 am
Sep 2, 2020 2:05 pm
[ +- ] General Kenobi!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.