[Closed] Baldur's Gate Noir (5e)

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Sep 1, 2020 1:35 pm

https://dexsave.blob.core.windows.net/campaignnote/7fc8216a-884e-4a85-8884-d5ecdfbb8b1e.jpeg

Baldur's Gate doesn't go by many handles - the Gate, the Grey Harbour, and B'gate. Baldurians don't call it a den of iniquity - Baldurians can't spell iniquity. City of Thieves? No dice - that shorts the buttonmen, grifters, sad sacks, pikers, bent bulls, fluffs, and plugs that drift in the Gate's criminal stew. You can't even call it the Big Horseapple on account of horses not being allowed inside the city - just as well - the moochers would eat them. A wretched hive of scum and villainy? That's hooey - hives are organized. City of Angles would be a swell handle - because there sure as hell ain't any angels.

The dame's case was a golden opportunity for B'Gate Investigators - and in The Gate, gold means trouble. Gold is the colour of death.
Fool's Gold. A short 5e DM's guild adventure for 4-5 level three adventuring private investigators in Baldur's Gate.

Grab your fedora and roscoe crossbow, spark a gasper, and put on some smooth saxophone jazz - the Grey Harbour just went noir.

I'm looking for players who are new to Gamers' Plane, or have only a couple of games on the go at the moment. If you're already in three or more games, then please don't apply - let the newcomers get a game too.

Either PM me or drop a post on this thread if you're interested.
Last edited July 6, 2021 10:23 am
Sep 1, 2020 1:43 pm
I'm not new, but I only have 2 games going right now.
Sep 1, 2020 1:54 pm
That's fine. I'm just trying to spread the games around a bit.
Sep 1, 2020 1:56 pm
So, can I join?
Sep 1, 2020 1:57 pm
Sure! I'll send an invite.
Sep 1, 2020 2:05 pm
It was a dark and rainy night. And this poor soul wanted to get into the warmth of Baldurs gate. Unfortunately, the guard knew of my many exploits and was unlikely to let me in. I just stood in the corner, letting him know, if he did not meet his quota, I would step up.

https://i.redd.it/k3yfejrb8if31.jpg
Sep 1, 2020 2:17 pm
Oooh. Interesting idea. I'd like to join, please. In 4 active games but 2 of them are very slow.
Last edited September 1, 2020 2:21 pm
Sep 1, 2020 2:55 pm
D&D noir? Genius. Obviously I'm interested. I'm relatively new to the site. Currently involved in only one game. I think an Inquisitive Rogue would make a good detective. Maybe a Wildhunt Shifter if that race is allowed.

https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/d4eb398d-d971-49f3-8d17-ebc0e8371a7b/d7i8ffc-c8f300e4-b165-4771-bf31-ca692e6289ae.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvZDRlYjM5OGQtZDk3MS00OWYzLThkMTctZWJjMGU4MzcxYTdiXC9kN2k4ZmZjLWM4ZjMwMGU0LWIxNjUtNDc3MS1iZjMxLWNhNjkyZTYyODlhZS5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.MPqOt27XoP7UleWQMo-FxCqw_SDskNlO_QM6JoQYvOU
Sep 1, 2020 3:04 pm
ancient.astronaut.64 says:
D&D noir? Genius. Obviously I'm interested. I'm relatively new to the site. Currently involved in only one game. I think an Inquisitive Rogue would make a good detective. Maybe a Wildhunt Shifter if that race is allowed.
No shifters (or other Eberron races), but I think a rogue would be very useful. I've sent an invite.
Sep 1, 2020 5:00 pm
If you need space filled.. I'm always an active one.
Sep 1, 2020 6:29 pm
Damn, sounds like a cool concept but don't exactly fit the requirement =/
Sep 1, 2020 11:16 pm
I would love to join. I currently have no games going on and am fairly new.
Sep 1, 2020 11:20 pm
LOL... I know the feeling Sassafras... About not making the requirement! ... I might be in a few too many for it.
Sep 2, 2020 12:43 am
There must be something in the air. I've actually been planning a Star Wars noir game (same idea, just set in the Star Wars universe), which I'll be soliciting interest for once one of my current games wraps up. Love investigative games. Good luck with this one!
Sep 2, 2020 5:32 am
Deviousdolly01 says:
I would love to join. I currently have no games going on and am fairly new.
Hi Deviousdolly01, I've sent an invite.
Sep 2, 2020 6:34 am
runekyndig says:
It was a dark and rainy night. And this poor soul wanted to get into the warmth of Baldurs gate. Unfortunately, the guard knew of my many exploits and was unlikely to let me in. I just stood in the corner, letting him know, if he did not meet his quota, I would step up.

https://i.redd.it/k3yfejrb8if31.jpg
The bull looked at the chancer like he was returning last week's blue plate special.

Move along wise guy. Save those sahuagin tears for broads who don't know no better.
If you'd pointed out that he'd inadvertently used a double negative, he'd have thought that just swell - being doubly negative was part of the job.
Sep 2, 2020 11:29 am
You always have the best concepts Adam, and would apply but I think I will leave space for others to enjoy the Adam Experience!

Highly recommend Adam as a DM to all.
Sep 2, 2020 11:58 am
Mathfuric says:
Highly recommend Adam as a DM to all.
I second that. That was why I made my application even when I knew I'm disqualified :)
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.