Hm... seems like you're using IE. Can I suggest a better browser, such as Firefox, Chrome or Opera? There are other choices too.

If you wanna stick with IE, or can't switch, I'll warn you right now, while most of this site should work with IE, stuff might come up buggy, so you might not enjoy it as much...

Chapter Eight: The Virid Coronation

Oct 12, 2020 11:54 pm
Sorry for not being around to turn my lamp on!

Felor examines the stone structure through the murk trying to see if it looks familiar in some way.

Rolls

Religion or History check - (1d20+4)

( 7 ) + 4 = 11

Oct 14, 2020 7:43 pm
The structure isn't specifically recognizable, but there is a familiar, archetypical quality to its outlines. It calls to mind all of the very old temples Felor has seen, but not a particular one.

Leth makes a gruesome discovery: the object is a severed hand, small and kelp-colored.
Oct 14, 2020 10:03 pm
It's a temple, all right. And old, by the looks of it, thinks Felor as they near the old temple.
Oct 15, 2020 1:46 am
This is it. This is where I die.

Leth thinks to himself, trying not to think about what kind of creature might be lurking in the shadowy depths that could have devoured the rest of the being that this hand once belonged to.

Uncle Ed, I'm not so sure this is worth it.

Leth turns around and joins the others as they approach the sunken building. Looking around carefully for any sign of danger.
Last edited October 15, 2020 1:46 am, a total of 2 times

Rolls

perception - (1d20+6)

( 5 ) + 6 = 11

Oct 15, 2020 5:09 pm
The sediment is piled high against the enormous stone doors of the temple, but there is a crack at the upper right just large enough for a human -- or something a bit bigger -- to pass through. It is quiet and still here, and seems devoid of life save for the tiny krill that occasionally flit through the light.
Oct 15, 2020 5:39 pm
Zangua approaches the opening, trying to peer through before he attempts entering.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+6)

( 4 ) + 6 = 10

Oct 15, 2020 7:36 pm
The light of Felor's spear cannot reach to the walls, floor, or ceiling of the temple interior: all Zangua can see is empty space inside.
Oct 15, 2020 8:23 pm
Zangua looks back to the others and waves his hand in front of his eyes, then shakes his head. Despite not being able to see anything, he enters the structure.
Oct 16, 2020 3:13 pm
OOC:
I've been saying this a lot lately, but sorry for being absent
Domarc grimaces, and follows Zangua
Oct 16, 2020 6:02 pm
Domarc and Zangua swim into the gargantuan hypostyle hall of the temple. The hall has to be more than 100' wide, although it's difficult to gauge precise distances in the watery darkness. Some 200' ahead, massive columns rise up from the floor, thick as ancient copperwood trunks.

Anyone, please make a Perception check.
Oct 16, 2020 6:14 pm
Zangua tries to look around, paying special attention to any access to the surface.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+6)

( 10 ) + 6 = 16

Oct 16, 2020 6:24 pm
There seems to be a faint, diffuse bluish glow far ahead, where the temple's inner sanctum would be.
Oct 16, 2020 7:29 pm
Zangua heads to the sanctum.
Oct 16, 2020 9:42 pm
Zangua swims ahead. The wide doorway to the sanctum is open, and as he draws closer Zangua can see that there is indeed a light source of some sort illuminating the enormous chamber under the dome.

A large round pedestal stands before the doorway, with broken stonework scattered on and around it.
Oct 19, 2020 8:09 pm
Can we tell what the broken stonework was? A door? A statue?
Oct 20, 2020 5:19 pm
It appears as though the pedestal held a large statue made of bluish-green granite, but it's difficult to tell what it was -- the recognizably carved parts you can see do not resemble any part of the human form.

Blocky, primitive ideograms are carved all around the side of the pedestal.

Make an Investigation check if you're interested in learning more about the statue.
Oct 20, 2020 9:36 pm
As Zangua approaches the doorway, Felor pauses for a moment to examine the broken statue.

Rolls

Investigation - (1d20+1)

( 9 ) + 1 = 10

Oct 21, 2020 5:18 pm
Felor cannot make sense of what the statue was intended to represent, but he notes that the broken edges are sharp and clean, as if the shattering had occurred quite recently.
Oct 21, 2020 5:22 pm
Zangua is prepared to continue forward through the open doorway, once everyone is ready.
Oct 22, 2020 1:33 am
Leth follows closely behind Felor, his desire to be able to see his surroundings overriding his tactical awareness that, should they be attacked by any undersea creatures, they would probably be drawn to the light first.

He too tries to make sense of the carvings on the pedestal.

Rolls

investigation - (1d20+5)

( 17 ) + 5 = 22

2 of 7
< 1 2 3 4 > Last >>

You do not have permission to post in this thread.