Excited to try PBP!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Sep 22, 2020 12:35 am
With my increased interest in DND, and other TTRPG games and my love for writing / roleplaying as a general media, I thought I'd throw my hat into the ring and try PBP. It's a new interest of mine, formed by looking up campaigns to get a better grasp of players' reactions/ways the story could go if I decided to DM a module. I found a few sites that specifically catered to roleplaying these modules all through written text, and I'm intrigued to figure out all of the ways that it could be different.

Games I've played:

DND 5E: Currently DMING a modified LMOP set in a spaghetti western setting, and playing in a homebrew campaign that may be dying :/

Monster Of The Week: A oneshot with my typical gaming group, based around Scooby Doo.

Chronicles Of Darkness: Thrice, now. I've played a mortal, a hunter, and a mage.

Games I'm interested in playing:

DND 5E: It's my favorite game!! I really want to play Curse of Strahd, Storm Kings Thunder, Rime of The Frostmaiden, and Into The Abyss. Descent, and TOA are also up there, but honestly .. I'm open to play anything! I've also been searching for a game set in either of the Exandria locations.

Powered By The Apocalypse: Monster Hearts, Monster Of The Week, Apocalypse World, KULT, Masks, The Sprawl. Anything really.

Chronicles of Darkness: Either Vampire edition is my biggest interest RN for this RPG, since I'm currently in a campaign for mage and just finished a hunter one. Always interested in these settings though.

I guess with all of the little details out of the way, you'd probably like to actually know a thing or two about ME. I'm Rai, a 20 year old lesbian who enjoys horror, sci-fi, and fantasy worlds! I like writing, reading, and doodling. Some of my favorite things to harp on about are Greek Mythology, LGBT history, and comic books.
Last edited September 22, 2020 12:35 am
Sep 22, 2020 12:41 am
Welcome, Rai. Your RPG interests include a lot of great games I'd love to try myself. Best of luck finding some wonderful games to join here!
Sep 22, 2020 12:57 am
Qralloq says:
Welcome, Rai. Your RPG interests include a lot of great games I'd love to try myself. Best of luck finding some wonderful games to join here!
Thank ya! Hopefully I can find at least one or two games to jump in on. I love the idea of eventually DMING a PBP, but I'd like to know how it works as a player before I commit to that. Maybe in the near future. ;P I'm honestly open to many more systems, but those were just my big few. COC and Pathfinder interest me for example, but I have no experience with the systems themselves.
Sep 22, 2020 12:57 am
Welcome aboard.
Sep 22, 2020 1:30 am
raihammer says:
With my increased interest in DND, and other TTRPG games and my love for writing / roleplaying as a general media, I thought I'd throw my hat into the ring and try PBP. It's a new interest of mine, formed by looking up campaigns to get a better grasp of players' reactions/ways the story could go if I decided to DM a module. I found a few sites that specifically catered to roleplaying these modules all through written text, and I'm intrigued to figure out all of the ways that it could be different.

Games I've played:

DND 5E: Currently DMING a modified LMOP set in a spaghetti western setting, and playing in a homebrew campaign that may be dying :/

Monster Of The Week: A oneshot with my typical gaming group, based around Scooby Doo.

Chronicles Of Darkness: Thrice, now. I've played a mortal, a hunter, and a mage.

Games I'm interested in playing:

DND 5E: It's my favorite game!! I really want to play Curse of Strahd, Storm Kings Thunder, Rime of The Frostmaiden, and Into The Abyss. Descent, and TOA are also up there, but honestly .. I'm open to play anything! I've also been searching for a game set in either of the Exandria locations.