The Void Between The Stars (game thread)

load previous
Mar 14, 2021 10:50 pm
"Um, you've still got a shot to join me? I can get a buyer." He looks at the collective faces, sensing no one will come to his rescue.
Mar 14, 2021 10:53 pm
Gaila put her fingers on the bridge of her nose in frustration. "Please, just stop talking Lorenzo, you're not helping your case... So, what do we do with him now? We don't exactly have holding cells..."
Mar 15, 2021 12:07 am
"Personally, I'm thinking that we send him out the airlock. He has no value to us, and keeping him around is just going to be more trouble down the line."
Mar 15, 2021 12:30 am
I know what he did is terrible, but I can't just kill someone in cold blood. Can't we just put him in the stasis pod and make sure it won't open before we want it to?
Mar 15, 2021 1:38 am
Dimitra begins to lose her composed facade.

"Anna, I get where you're coming from, but he's a killer. I don't feel safe keeping a killer on the ship, especially since we don't know what happened with the cryotubes that allowed someone to get out and wipe the logs."
OOC:
On that note, what's the chain of command look like on this ship, now that the captain's dead?
Mar 15, 2021 1:46 am
I feel confident I can have the tubes working correctly,
But I will bow to whoever is in charge.
Mar 15, 2021 1:53 am
Gaila thinks about this for a moment and then shrugs. "I guess that could work. If our cryo sleep was extended, then yeah, we could do the same for him..."
OOC:
@ Dimitra: With the captain gone, the first officer would take over. On small commercial ships the first officer is often the pilot as well for obvious reasons.
Mar 15, 2021 9:55 pm
"Airlock it is. That's my vote too. He's too dangerous." he says brooding...
Mar 15, 2021 10:17 pm
"Unless someone can think of a good reason not to do so, Lorenzo's going out of the airlock. Anybody have anything to say to him before that?"
Mar 15, 2021 10:37 pm
I have nothing to say to him, but I want to be on the record as being against this. You are now no better than he is. I am having no part of it.
Mar 16, 2021 2:03 am
Dimitra bristles at Anna's comment. Not because she found it an insult, but because she found it hypocritical. Normally, she'd let it slide, so that the doctor may sleep soundly at night, but the captain's death and Lorenzo's shamelessness had already put her on edge.

"I'll note that you were against the notion. But don't preach to me and act like you are free of responsibility. Letting someone else decide was your decision, and yours alone. You knew what the outcome was going to be if you didn't stand up for your opinion, and you still pushed the decision off to someone else. Stop pretending that you hold yourself to higher standards, and own the choice that you made, for better or for worse."
OOC:
Hopefully this is an acceptable amount of inflammatory. This atmosphere is ripe for some character conflict after all. Writing this post also led to me thinking deeper about what Dimitra's view of morality is like, which was a fulfilling exercise.
Mar 16, 2021 3:06 am
If lumping me in helps you sleep at night, so be it. I expressed my opinion more than once. I was out voted and out ranked. I am not going to pull a gun on you...so here we are.
Mar 16, 2021 3:46 am
"Everyone, please calm down, we need to solve this. Yeah, Lorenzo killed four people already, I'm not out for blood, but he's probably too dangerous to keep around alive. Do we really need to space him though? Couldn't we like, just put him in cryo sleep and turn off the chamber's life support, have him go in his cryo sleep? Much more humane..."
Mar 16, 2021 3:56 am
Dimitra harrumphs a bit, clearly not convinced. However, she lets it slide, turning to Squat and Gaila.

"What about you guys? Anything to say to Lorenzo?"
Mar 16, 2021 4:03 am
OOC:
Didn't see the responses, so double post.
"Anna stated she wanted nothing to do with the notion. Even though I think she's being a hypocrite, I don't plan on forcing her to do anything like that, and she's the only one who has the knowledge to do that. And how bad could being spaced be, if Lorenzo thought it was good enough for the captain."

Dimitra says that last bit with some venom.
Last edited March 16, 2021 4:03 am
Mar 16, 2021 3:52 pm
Is anyone going to chase him?
Mar 16, 2021 4:19 pm
Dimitra chases after Lorenzo.

Rolls

1d6, 1d6

1d6 : (3) = 3

1d6 : (5) = 5

Mar 16, 2021 4:37 pm
It isn't much of a chase. Lorenzo gets up to suddenly runs away, but trips in his boots laces which had come undone during the previous struggle and plants face down about 5 feet from where he was originally laying down... (another double rolled in the Secret Section, another Karma Point gained).

Gaila chimes in. "Okay, we need to do something with him right away because he's going to try escaping and resisting us again. I vote for the cryo chamber. Whether you want to use it to just detain him or give him a more humane execution..."
Mar 16, 2021 4:54 pm
This time, Dimitra places the heavy fuel canister on Lorenzo's prone form, pinning him to the ground. She sighs.

"You know what. I don't care at this point how it gets done. Just do it. Squat, take my exoskeleton. I'll be in my room for a bit."

She dismounts the exoskeleton, and heads into her room without another word.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.