The Void Between The Stars (game thread)

load previous
Mar 16, 2021 5:12 pm
You take care of Lorenzo, no matter what way you choose to do it. Lorenzo isn't struggling anymore, he seems to be resigned to his fate...
Mar 16, 2021 7:29 pm
And they lived happily ever after. Well, except Lorenzo.
Mar 16, 2021 7:38 pm
More or less, yeah. You make it back to Earth and the EU, delivering the alien relics to the EU government. You all receive a hero's welcome, for what its worth.
Mar 16, 2021 10:06 pm
Good game guys. I was seriously considering betraying you guys, but this is a good ending regardless. Makes one think about whether half of the crew needed to die. My plan would've been to eject the alien parts out of the ship with the pretense of removing the source of betrayals, and then go back for it later.

Out of all the relationships, I least expected Squat's with Gaila. He seemed pretty stable throughout the game. Freaky.
Mar 16, 2021 10:16 pm
Thanks Kalajel for putting us all through the roller coaster wringer.
Mar 16, 2021 11:06 pm
Thank you Kalajel, and all of you guys for a fun game!
Mar 17, 2021 7:29 pm
Many, many years later...

"Man, you talk about a place to have the fold engine malfunction, in the middle of goddamn nowhere..."

"Hey, calm down, you know that tech is still relatively new. Sarah is having a look at it, she'll have it fixed in no time..."

Lights start blinking.

"What? Proximity alert? Don't tell me we've folded out into an asteroid field!"

"Nah, there's none noted on the stellar charts around here, must be something else, give me visual."

"What the hell? crates? Who dumps cargo over here?"

"Could have been a freighter experiencing some troubles that had to jettison some weight..."

"Hey, what's that over there?"

"What the... Is that a fucking body? Hey, where are you going?"

"Work pod. Can't leave that poor bastard floating out there!"

Some time later in the ship's sick bay.

"Being spaced... what a horrible way to go... Poor bastard..."

"Looks like he's been out there for a while. His flight suit has been bleached nearly white by cosmic radiations... Hold on, he seems to be carrying some sort of I.D. card... an old one at that, I'd say antique..."

"Really? What does it say?"

"Hold on, let me calibrate the computer... Man, this thing is ancient! Hmm, captain Frederick Lindswirth of the freighter Neptuno?

"Wait, Neptuno? I know that ship! It's the one that brought that alien tech to Earth! That's how humanity has started using the fold engine instead of that old hyperspace crap..."

"Wait, really? You mean that guy's been floating out in space since before the Sleeper Wars, World War 4, and the Unification? Shit..."

"Sleeper Wars? What the hell is he talking about?"

"Eh, old world stuff... The NAC had infiltrated some institute in Madrid that was reprogramming criminals as a sort of 'instant rehabilitation'... Turns out they were actually pumping out sleeper agents for the NAC. Blackwing protocol it was called, or some shit like that... Anyways, this is how the NAC stole some alien Tech from the EU, and this led to World War 4, and eventually, the Unification... That was like ages ago, I forgot the details, but I remember learning abut it in my history holoclass."

"Well, alright then, let's bring him home now, shall we? I'm sure he must have descendants looking for some closure..."
Mar 17, 2021 10:20 pm
This is literally "we caused world war 4" and I love it. This is a great epilogue, thanks for running the game kalajel.
Mar 17, 2021 10:54 pm
I was tickled by the epilogue! Thanks for capping it off so wonderfully
Mar 17, 2021 11:50 pm
*Chef's kiss*. Great ending, great fun. Thanks again.
Mar 18, 2021 4:20 pm
Great ending! And thanks for running the game ^^

You do not have permission to post in this thread.