Part 3: The Spider's Web

load previous
May 10, 2016 5:24 pm
You all leave the druid's house and head north to a fork in the road. Following the road to the east there is a path that leads south to what looks like it may have been a shop at one point (6 on the map). It is not totally ruined yet, but you can see that the roof is collapsed in places. Across the street, to the north is a winding path, overgrown with brush and grass. At the end of the path you can see a tower, which you've been informed houses the dragon (7 on map).

As you head along the path to the east you reach an intersection going north and south. There are ruined buildings in either direction. Aoth knows that the cloaked figures seem to be staying in a house to the south. Following Aoth you pass a small building to your left, the walls are crumbling and the roof is beginning to sag, but you can see a faded sign out front with the symbol of a potion bottle on it. This is likely the shop that you were told about (9 on the map).
May 10, 2016 5:46 pm
Kama points to the abandoned store. "I'm just looking for a necklace or amulet," he says quietly, trying not to draw too much attention. "Stands to reason, though, that this place will probably have the same kind of mad shrubbery we found back there. Or zombies. Let's be careful." He heads to the building's front door, eyes flitting about the area for signs of activity.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20)

(15) = 15

May 10, 2016 6:17 pm
Kama sees nothing amiss outside of the building, and hears no sound at all from within.
May 10, 2016 6:35 pm
Kama tries to open the front door and step inside.
May 10, 2016 8:15 pm
The door opens with a loud creak and Kama steps inside to look around. This ruined shop is cluttered with sagging storage shelves and broken furniture. Shards of glass and pieces of pottery glint in the weeds and rubble next to rotted books and casks.
May 10, 2016 8:26 pm
Kama mutters to himself, reciting the words from Mirna Dendrar. "Storage shelves. Case underneath." He moves to the sagging shelves to look on the floor.

Almost distractedly, the half-orc says without turning from his task, "Xora, you still got that longsword? Wondering if a gesture of that blade as a gift to the dragon would bring us in its good graces."
May 10, 2016 8:36 pm
Kama, following Mirna's instructions, searches below the shelves, finding a secret compartment after a few minutes of looking. He opens the compartment to find a small jewelry case. Inside the case is a gold necklace with a fine emerald pendant (worth 200 gp).
May 10, 2016 8:38 pm
Kama pockets the pendant and stands. He nods to the group, his business in this place done.
May 10, 2016 9:23 pm
Gimblyn is hopping along quietly, watching the half-orc do his business. The forest gnome's face shows signs of nervousness as he is unsure he's ready to battle, if things comes to that.
May 11, 2016 3:18 pm
The party heads back out and along the southern road. You pass a building with a wide chimney and rotted piles of firewood sitting outside. Kama, at least, is able to determine that it was a smithy in its day.

The road turns to the east and you make your way through the ruins of what was once a house that has collapsed partially into the street. Up ahead you can see a small farmhouse. This small farmhouse appears to be just another empty home at first glance. However, all the doors are shut and windows shuttered.
May 11, 2016 3:27 pm
I take out the longsword when Kama mentions it. It is of a good quality as far as I can tell. Whether a dragon will want it is unknown. I hand it to Kama.
May 11, 2016 3:29 pm
OOC:
I forgot all about the sword, really. It's a +1 longsword called Talon. You would have been able to figure that out by now.
May 11, 2016 3:34 pm
OOC:
I had to go through all the posts to dig up the sword because I forgot about it too.
May 11, 2016 4:11 pm
"Man, where are Hollow's servants when you need them?" mutters Kama as he shifts his belongings around to make room for the blade, while keeping things balanced.

He checks the roof of the shuttered building to see if there are any traces of smoke wisping from within, to indicate a fire and occupants.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20)

(9) = 9

May 12, 2016 1:57 pm
As you approach you hear a light clunk from inside and then the sound of something shushing the noisemaker, then it is suspiciously silent inside.
May 18, 2016 3:23 am
Tumtwig looks around after listening to the silence for a few moments.

"Hrm, seems there are some critters hiding around."

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+1)

(9) + 1 = 10

May 18, 2016 7:25 am
"So we barging in, or are we gonna be polite and knock?" Kama asks of the group. "Hells, in the time we spent walking I didn't even think of what to say to these guys."
May 18, 2016 12:29 pm
I shrug. "You knock. If we don't like what we see, I'll shoot. Unless you have a better plan?"
May 18, 2016 3:55 pm
Kama grins. "Nah, I like your plans." The half-orc taps on the door with the poll of his axe.
May 19, 2016 4:39 pm
The door opens a crack and a young man peeks through and looks around to make sure you don't have any allies in hiding, then opens the door. "Is there something we can help you with?" he asks. Now that the door is open, you can see that his cloak is indeed fashioned to look like a dragon's wings when he opens his arms wide.
load next

Thread locked