Part 3: The Spider's Web

load previous
May 19, 2016 9:39 pm
The small gnome peaked his bug eyes around the large Kama to get a better look at the obvious dragon cultist. He wondered what their intentions were with the dragon.
May 20, 2016 2:46 am
"We were checking out a report of some strange things going on in the neighborhood," says Kama. "Kinda stopped by to see how you folks were doing, if you were bothered by thorny bushes, bees, or things along that line. Though..." the half-orc rubs his chin, "... now that I think about it, seems kinda strange that you guys are here in this town. So what's the deal?"
May 20, 2016 3:20 pm
The man looks around warily again before stepping outside, "We have come to see a dragon that is said to be living around here. Dragons are such interesting creatures, wouldn't you agree?"
May 20, 2016 4:00 pm
"'Interesting' is an interesting word to use," replies the half-orc, still rubbing his chin. Finally he stops. "We're kinda interested in seeing this dragon, too. Thing is, we don't exactly have a gift of treasure to stop it from eating us. What do you guys have?"
May 20, 2016 9:09 pm
The man gives you an appraising look, as if deciding whether to trust you or not, then nods, "We just brought along some baubles, something to catch his interest, ya know?"
May 20, 2016 10:35 pm
Kama sighs, knowingly. "Yeah, I get it. All I have is this sword here. Valuable to most people, but I don't know if it's just a toothpick for a dragon." The half-orc snaps his fingers. "Say, what if we team up? Your baubles, my sword, we check out this dragon together?"
May 23, 2016 2:06 pm
He smiles widely, "Why yes! I think that would be a great idea. I was a bit nervous to be confronting a dragon all by myself. When should we do it?"
May 23, 2016 2:14 pm
I sidle up next to Kama unceremoniously. "By yourself? There are no others?" I stare him down, appraising just how foolish or desperate a man must be to attempt to make friends with dragons.
OOC:
Irony? What is this 'irony' you speak of?

Rolls

Insight - (1d20+5)

(18) + 5 = 23

May 23, 2016 2:29 pm
"My companions are afraid. I must lead the way, and once they see me come back unharmed, the others will follow," he explains. He seems to be a bit too eager to head out with strangers to confront the power of a dragon. You'd guess that he has an ulterior motive in this.
May 23, 2016 4:05 pm
"So you're intending to go back after your initial meeting?" Kama deduces, based on what was spoken. "What kind of conversation are you expecting from this dragon?"
May 23, 2016 4:51 pm
"Oh, yes, I will certainly go back. Dragons are such wondrous creatures. Who knows what kind of knowledge it has?"
May 23, 2016 5:02 pm
Kama nods, as though he understands. "Hey, listen, you mind if we come inside? There are these weird plant things wandering about, and I'd be more comfortable talking about the dragon indoors," he says. "Besides, I kinda want to see what kind of companions you got that are too cowardly to let their friend go off and see a dragon all by his lonesome."
May 23, 2016 11:03 pm
Gimblyn was keeping tight to Kama, a sturdy adventurer is a comforting presence. As the conversation continues, he slowly steps off to the side to examine the farm house more. His bobbly gnome head could be seen swaying about.

"Companions aren't always friends. Though, I swear, you can't find many friends to confront a dragon."

Tumtwig continues is examination of the house's exterior, looking for a glimpse of the inside or a run down opening.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+1)

(13) + 1 = 14

May 24, 2016 7:35 pm
The outside is in better shape than most of the buildings around, but there appears to be nothing out of the ordinary.

"Not at all, come on in. My name is Favric, by the way," he says, opening the door and leading you inside. The building is small, with just a couple of rooms, but there are five more individuals inside, wearing similar clothing as that of your host. The only furnishings are a small stove, a table, two chairs, and a bunk.

The current occupants look up as you enter, some of them glare at you, but seeing that you're with one of their own, they proceed to ignore you. It is now quite cramped in here with so many people.
May 26, 2016 1:36 pm
Favric turns back to you, "So what would the best approach be? Should we just knock on the door?"
May 26, 2016 4:14 pm
"Well, first let's see what your baubles are," says Kama. "I've got a fair eye at appraising things... which, honestly, is kinda why I'm a bit worried with just bringing this sword."
May 31, 2016 3:38 am
"What do you know about dragons? About this particular dragon?"
May 31, 2016 2:19 pm
Favric retrieves a small box from under the bunks and opens it to reveal three diamonds on a fluffy pillow, then he closes the box, "Just a couple of little things, but I've heard that dragons love any sort of treasure at all, so I hope it's enough," he says to Kama, then turns to address Xora, "This dragon is young, green, and he calls himself Venomfang. Other than that, I don't know much besides that greens breath poison gas."
May 31, 2016 4:11 pm
"I suppose those would have to do," says Kama, studying Favric. "It's a shame your friends would let you go in on your own. What if the dragon kills you and takes the diamonds?"

Rolls

Insight on Favric et al. - (1d20+2)

(7) + 2 = 9

May 31, 2016 4:16 pm
Favric and friends appear to be totally sincere to Kama.
OOC:
;)
load next

Thread locked