The Air Up Thaere OOC

load previous
May 3, 2021 3:55 am
I think Beamer's done!
May 3, 2021 1:57 pm
TheVagrant says:
Seuss says:
OOC:

Duty: - With the turnover we keep falling behind on Contribution so Duty resets and the Squad as a Contribution Rank of 1
@TheVagrant - Choose a reward as per the guidelines on pg. 50 of the Age of Rebellion Core Book

What about something like this : https://star-wars-rpg-ffg.fandom.com/wiki/DZ-70_Fugitive_Tracker_Droid a pre empire equivalent of course.

Would make sense to have a good tool to track someone if we need to again. There is also other options that could be handy in different circonstances like a protocol droid or an astromech
Approved!

Certainly a useful and reasonable request.

Seuss
May 3, 2021 2:00 pm
emsquared says:
Seuss says:
OOC:
Episode Reward: 20 XP
No Civilian Casualties: 5 XP
No Thaerian Military Casualties/Political Incidences: 5XP
Taking Xirrosk into Republic Custody: 5 XP
Bonus for maintaining enthusiasm and good roleplay in challenging Chapter: 10 XP

Total: 40 XP
Is it just me or do the numbers you put up there actually really up to 45... ;P
Aaaaand ... so it does :-P

@emsquared, GreyGriffin, and TheVagrant - because emsquared can add and I can't please assume 45XP and not 40 as originally stated.

Seuss
May 3, 2021 2:08 pm
lavtodd says:
And Seuss I hope the tourney was a good time!
Dirteshot says:
Did a Soccer Tournament this weekend too. I completely understand.
Kaigen says:
Sounds good. If your weather was anything like mine, it was a good weekend for it.
Was good times ... though despite being very generous with the sunscreen am a bit red this morning.

On the soccer front it's an interesting study ... I coach both my daughters' teams. The younger ones are just on the cusp of being very skillful, so have the skills to do what they want with the ball but are willing to listen to what I'm telling them (they won all their games by a large margin)

My older daughter's team have the skills, think they know everything, and refuse to listen to what I'm telling them. They struggled through all their wins and got destroyed in the final :-P
May 3, 2021 2:12 pm
@lavtodd, Dirteshot, and Kaigen - Everything looks in order character sheet wise. I'm at work at the moment but will run through the accounting tonight but at first glance it all looks good.

I'll make note of your Duty(s) and Motivation(s), we seem to have a nice mix :-) (I have them listed somewhere)

And you have some time to figure out the equipment. I won't be starting back up until next week with the next Chapter.

Seuss
May 3, 2021 6:54 pm
Could we have a character thread, where we can put brief descriptions, motivations, and Duty/Morality traits just for the reference of the other players? Just 1 post per player to keep it useful for reference (so not a conversational thread).
[ +- ] XP Spend

Rolls

Morality (Triggered, 0 Conflict) - (1d10-0)

(3) = 3

May 6, 2021 1:39 pm
GreyGriffin says:
Could we have a character thread, where we can put brief descriptions, motivations, and Duty/Morality traits just for the reference of the other players? Just 1 post per player to keep it useful for reference (so not a conversational thread).
I was hoping to see a response to this from everyone, as I didn't want to influence things but ...

I like this idea but I realize that some players may/may not want to share their Motivations and/or Duty/Morality until it comes up 'in game'. Would a thread as mentioned above be helpful for everyone to 'get to know' the characters?

Seuss
May 6, 2021 1:52 pm
Seuss says:
GreyGriffin says:
I was hoping to see a response to this from everyone, as I didn't want to influence things but ...

I like this idea but I realize that some players may/may not want to share their Motivations and/or Duty/Morality until it comes up 'in game'. Would a thread as mentioned above be helpful for everyone to 'get to know' the characters?

Seuss
I like this too, I was just waiting to get my character completed. Once I am done and Suess has given me the proper 'good to go' I will be glad to share the information. I just don't want to share it beforehand incase anything changes.
May 6, 2021 1:56 pm
I think I'm set, but I'm up for critique.

Is the scuttlebutt thread for in-between missions, then?
May 6, 2021 2:18 pm
I think a character reference thread would be handy, and have no objection to sharing character details (my character sheet is already set to be publicly viewable).
May 6, 2021 2:40 pm
Everyone's character sheets are in order stat wise. I think just about all the new folks still have equipment to purchase but that is not necessary as everyone has the standard issue as noted in the Welcome thread so if you want to take a chapter to figure out what you want that's not a problem.

@lavtodd - The Scuttlebut thread is for in-between missions or for dialogue that may happen during mission that isn't critical to the completion of the chapter thus not time sensitive (i.e. if you are discussing something that happened like Wals and Lucky are doing, or extra/miscellaneous character development/perspective triggered by an 'in game' event, etc..

I'll get a thread set up and everyone can share as little or as much as they want :-)

Seuss
May 6, 2021 3:08 pm
Cool!

I have an encumbrance of 11/12 and 40 credits left, so I think Beamer's good XD

What sort of encumbrance is carrying a wounded ally? Should I drop a couple items?
May 6, 2021 5:50 pm
lavtodd says:
Cool!

I have an encumbrance of 11/12 and 40 credits left, so I think Beamer's good XD

What sort of encumbrance is carrying a wounded ally? Should I drop a couple items?
I am coming up with 10/12 by my math ... but I digress.

I think would think/assume that you would just keep your gear and drag/carry your wounded ally and just suffer the Setback die or make the Athletics check.

Seuss
May 10, 2021 8:15 pm
Just wanted to give everyone an update. Was a bit of a busy weekend (I hope everyone was able to spend time with and honor their Mothers) and was tied up in meetings for a big part of the day at work. Hope to have a post kicking off the new chapter up no later than tomorrow evening.

Thank you for your patience,
Seuss
May 11, 2021 3:23 pm
So do we need to re-recquisition the gear we requested last time (the stuff we acquired from the military at no cost)?

I forget what those rolls were, if so...

Also do we need to roll to try to buy things (Rarity)? Specifically I want to buy Shield Gauntlets and a Curved Hilt.
Last edited May 11, 2021 3:36 pm
May 11, 2021 6:58 pm
emsquared says:
So do we need to re-recquisition the gear we requested last time (the stuff we acquired from the military at no cost)?

I forget what those rolls were, if so...

Also do we need to roll to try to buy things (Rarity)? Specifically I want to buy Shield Gauntlets and a Curved Hilt.
When we went to the 'stipend' we did away with the requisition. So all the gear you have now should be your own other than the mission gear which we didn't have last chapter and the chapter before was (1) CK-6 Swoop, (1) Ascension Gun, and (2) AP-M1 grenades each.

Roll Knowledge:War or Negotiation to find any gear you want against rarity (-1 for being along a major trade route).
May 12, 2021 2:30 pm
Ok, rolling up the Shield Gauntlet. How that goes may determine what I do next/instead.

Rolls

Negotiation v. Hard (Rarity 7) - Shield Gauntlet

3 Success, 1 Advantage, 3 Failure, 3 Threat

Total: 2 Threat

Negotiation v. Hard (Rarity 6) - Gungan Energy Shield

2 Success, 3 Advantage, 3 Failure, 2 Threat

Total: 1 Failure, 1 Advantage

May 12, 2021 2:42 pm
Is there any particular context or reason for why the new folks got assigned? Do we need to acknowledge that, or does that go in Scuttlebutt?
May 12, 2021 2:45 pm
Echoing lavtodd's question, are we going with the idea that our characters were always part of the squad and just didn't play an on-camera role in previous missions, or are we new transfers?

Also, just to confirm, are all the PCs present for this briefing?
May 12, 2021 2:58 pm
Seuss says:
So all the gear you have now should be your own other than the mission gear which we didn't have last chapter and the chapter before was (1) CK-6 Swoop, (1) Ascension Gun, and (2) AP-M1 grenades each.
I'm assuming the Lightsaber is not included in this removal of equipment. What of our other Jedi gear that we didn't have to pay for?

Jedi Armored Robes, Jedi Utility Belt, Weapon Maintenance Kit (Lightsaber)
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.