Players Looking for SWADE GM

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Oct 26, 2020 3:23 am
Hi everyone,

Back in this thread, a few of us were recruited into a SWADE game centering on the Bureau of Shadows. Unfortunately, just as our GM said they would be looking over our submitted characters to go IC, the GM ghosted us, didn't answer PMs, and took their system documents down from Google Drive. So I think it's safe to say they're not coming back.

But! At least three of us aren't willing to give up just yet. We'd like to see if anyone out there would be willing to step in and GM this game for us.

The original interest check thread said:

"In this setting, you play as a human character in our modern society. However, there is more to you than that. Your character has a singular power. This is achieved by granting each starting character the Arcane Background: Gifted while working together to select your one power (think X-Men or Umbrella Academy). Furthermore, you are eventually a part of a unique and secretive organization that solves extremely strange, horrific, paranormal, conspiratorial, and odd situations around the U.S. and world (think M.I.B., S.H.I.E.L.D., Supernatural, and X-Files)."

Those of us left are looking for a game in this vein, where the Bureau of Shadows (or whatever it ends up being named) is a secret organization whose overarching motives are unknown to us new recruits, but at the very least, our handler(s) tell us that we're supposed to investigate the weird and paranormal, in order to keep the general public safe and secure. Powered people are rare, to the point that the general public doesn't even know they exist. We're looking for a game with paranormal/horror elements, but retaining a heart and a sense of humor.

So... anyone interested? Shoot me a PM if you have any questions, or post in this thread! Thanks for reading!
Oct 26, 2020 6:03 am
That's a shame man, I feel for you. I like SW, but Deluxe is my cup of tea and I'm not into Modern Superheroes lol. If I ever decide to run a SW game, I'll let you know.
Oct 26, 2020 2:00 pm
Hey 78! The next game I was intending to start was to be a dystopian supers game in the vein of The Boys (both the comic and the show). One of the systems I considered to use was Savage Worlds Necessary Evil. (I'm still weighing one or two other systems.) But I suppose thematically that's still rather far from the game concept that you're thinking of. Just putting it out here, if this is something you might be interested in.
Oct 26, 2020 3:45 pm
BedzoneII, I'd be interested in the game you're planning to start.

That said, we're still holding out hope that someone will want to run the game 78 is posting about. We created some really interesting characters we were quite excited to play, so the GM's decision to ghost was a huge disappointment.
Oct 26, 2020 10:12 pm
BedzoneII says:
Hey 78! The next game I was intending to start was to be a dystopian supers game in the vein of The Boys (both the comic and the show). One of the systems I considered to use was Savage Worlds Necessary Evil. (I'm still weighing one or two other systems.) But I suppose thematically that's still rather far from the game concept that you're thinking of. Just putting it out here, if this is something you might be interested in.
that sounds like an awsome game huge fan of the boys, and necessary evil too. Hit me up when you do that for sure!
Oct 27, 2020 4:28 am
If you don't find anyone else to run this game for you, I can do this! That is, if you don't mind having a GM who isn't exactly an expert on the system. :D
(I've been tentatively wanting to try my hand at running a SWADE game for a while now, but my grasp of the system isn't exactly ideal yet, and I wasn't sure about GMing without knowing all ins and outs. But I do love paranormal and detective, and this premise sounds quite fantastic.)

So if you do need a backup option, let me know! And good luck finding the GM otherwise, too! :)
Oct 27, 2020 5:18 am
@FlyingSucculent: That sounds fantastic! I am the third player from the original game and I for one wouldn't mind having a GM that is inexperienced with the system.
Oct 27, 2020 5:30 am
Oh my, this sounds terribly tempting! I was interested in the Bureau game before everything went kablooey in my end of the world.
Oct 27, 2020 5:36 am
Oh, we were SO disappointed when the GM up and ghosted. I created a character I was am dying to play.
Oct 27, 2020 10:38 am
Interesting, good luck guys, hope you get your game!
Oct 27, 2020 10:56 am
The concept interests me, but the system is alien to me and I'm not in a position to learn a whole system. If you were willing to switch to Mutants and Masterminds 3e then I could do it. But since that is a stretch, I hope you get your DM and enjoy your game.
Oct 27, 2020 11:09 am
I hear you Moonbeam and WeisArkai, will ping when I'm ready (and I'm keeping my comments brief here so as not to threadjack).
Oct 27, 2020 2:21 pm
Well I sent a PM to 78RPMLife but got no response from them I was checking to find out who all the players were but that has kind of played out here. As such I am good with picking this up if you want. I have ran similar genre games and I am familiar with SWADE and due to the previous life oddities which seem to have settled down I am back to semi-normal. However some of the games I was running did not survive it seems but then seems on par as many games that I am in went south as well when things went kablooey as it appears many GMs just ceased to be -- I struggled through it myself but have gotten back to a more steady posting again which I am hopeful will continue going forward.
Last edited October 27, 2020 2:23 pm
Oct 27, 2020 3:34 pm
I suspect this is the same person that has done the same thing to a few SW games in the past, just under different usernames.
Oct 27, 2020 3:46 pm
It does seem suspicious that there has emerged a trend of new members starting up Savage Worlds games that then suddenly disappear but I don't see what the point would be of someone repeatedly coming here and trolling people interested in SW games.
Oct 27, 2020 3:50 pm
We really appreciate the level of response the thread has gotten (even from you, BedzoneII, you sneaky threadjacker you! :D). It really speaks to the supportive community we have here that even one person is willing to step in and take over a game.

After some discussion, we'd like to offer the job to FlyingSucculent, and thank DeJoker for their kind offer. I suppose the next step would be for you to set up a game forum and issue some invites, FlyingSucculent. Again, the current players are me, Moonbeam and runestone.

Thanks again, everyone!
Oct 27, 2020 3:52 pm
As that ole exchange goes -- so why did you do that -- It was there and because I can -- showing that sometimes there really is no reason beyond selfishness that folks do certain things -- it is really sad
Last edited October 27, 2020 3:52 pm
Oct 27, 2020 4:41 pm
bowlofspinach says:
It does seem suspicious that there has emerged a trend of new members starting up Savage Worlds games that then suddenly disappear but I don't see what the point would be of someone repeatedly coming here and trolling people interested in SW games.
My theory: Someone from another PbP site who likes to play SW but is unable to come up with a quality character concept, so they make a game here and steal ours. :-)
Oct 27, 2020 4:44 pm
runestone says:
bowlofspinach says:
My theory: Someone from another PbP site who likes to play SW but is unable to come up with a quality character concept, so they make a game here and steal ours. :-)
That's just crazy enough to work!
Oct 27, 2020 4:49 pm
Thank you for the offer! It's an honor, and I'm very excited to play with all with you. :) I'll set up the forum today/tomorrow!

I do have a few questions: do you mind if I rebrand the Bureau a little? And are there any specific worldbuilding details (like organization's hierarchy, location or specific NPCs) that are crucial to your characters? I'll make sure to keep them as is if there are any!
Last edited October 27, 2020 4:49 pm
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.