Interest Check - Liminal RPG

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Nov 11, 2020 4:58 pm
Thanks appreciated -- again would you like any help and/or suggestions on setup within this forum format?
Nov 11, 2020 5:27 pm
Great! Looking forward to this.
Nov 11, 2020 5:40 pm
DeJoker says:
Thanks appreciated -- again would you like any help and/or suggestions on setup within this forum format?
Thanks!

I'm taking advantage of a (hopefully) slow day at work to read through some of the forums so graciously linked to at the Discord site so should have some ideas to peruse through. But! I will be open to suggestions as I open forums/subforums up as how to best organize and sort them, so please feel free to drop me a line with ideas or suggestions as I start organizing things over the next couple of days.
Nov 11, 2020 6:00 pm
I'm interested to join if you don't mind babysitting a newbie.

I have recently tried PbP roleplay games on a site named ongoing worlds but nothing serious nothing that kicked of

However i'm not at all familiar with tabletop rpgs so this seems a little bit out of my league and i have no clue on how i got here really but hey why not take a leap of faith and see where i land.

I can write, at least I think I can. i enjoy writing short stories on my free time and i have a lot of it at the moment 
Nov 11, 2020 6:09 pm
Deathtongue says:
I'm interested to join if you don't mind babysitting a newbie.

I have recently tried PbP roleplay games on a site named ongoing worlds but nothing serious nothing that kicked of

However i'm not at all familiar with tabletop rpgs so this seems a little bit out of my league and i have no clue on how i got here really but hey why not take a leap of faith and see where i land.

I can write, at least I think I can. i enjoy writing short stories on my free time and i have a lot of it at the moment 
It might be difficult if you have zero experience with RPGs. While the system Liminal uses is not all that involved, understanding the interactions within an RPG - particularly a Play-by-post (PbP) game - might take some getting used to.

Maybe I can send you a link to monitor the game once we're rolling and you can decide if its something you'd like to give a spin later, and we can fit you in once you've had a chance to see what it's like?
Nov 11, 2020 6:14 pm
Sure! that sounds like a good idea
Last edited November 11, 2020 6:16 pm
Nov 11, 2020 6:19 pm
Deathtongue says:
Sure! that sounds like a good idea
I'll send you a link when I get things set up.
Nov 11, 2020 8:35 pm
To ease use of your game cdwjava the main suggestion I have is to keep the initial area (MainForum) for the ChitChat thread (or whatever you want to call it) and the GameThread(s) -- put all informationals and character creation stuff in a SubForum titled accordingly as once the game is started these do not get used nearly as much -- I also create separate creation threads within the Character Creation subforum for all the players as this makes my job as a GM easier in the long run as it makes for checking back on something super easy.

Now it would be nice to move threads but I do not think that is possible at this time otherwise I would have everything pertinent to what is going on in the main forum and then as they are no longer needed there moved off into a subform.
Last edited November 11, 2020 8:36 pm
Nov 11, 2020 8:44 pm
You can move threads at any time. There's a "Quick Mod Actions" option below the last post on any given page in a thread. There, you can select "Move Thread" and pick where you want to put it.
Nov 11, 2020 8:49 pm
Ah! Thanks for the info! That'll help, guys, thanks!
Nov 11, 2020 10:15 pm
Awesome thanks bowlofspinach
Nov 12, 2020 10:53 am
I applied too. Didn’t realise the game was set up lol
Nov 12, 2020 5:53 pm
I have accepted four players and opened up the Character Creation thread. We can take any character creation thoughts to it.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.