OOC - General

Nov 12, 2020 12:06 am
general ooc talk goes here. questions, inquiries, comments, complaints, etc are all valid. this pertains to pretty much anything that doesn't go in the character creation thread.

and if anyone has any suggestions they can go here as well. As much as I'd love to, I don't want to go flooding the forums with threads and things we don't necessarily want or need, so right now we're operating on the bare minimum.

hope everyone is having a good night
Nov 12, 2020 4:18 am
I thought you had included Brother Hendrik in the Ashdra group but I don't see him listed in your list on the other thread. Perhaps it was because I had not yet submitted him. I've done so now even though I have yet to give him a history.
Nov 12, 2020 1:00 pm
Aldrusian says:
I thought you had included Brother Hendrik in the Ashdra group but I don't see him listed in your list on the other thread. Perhaps it was because I had not yet submitted him. I've done so now even though I have yet to give him a history.
Error on my account. At the time I had a lot of people joining at once, so I mixed you up with Hero. That said, the space in Ashdra is yours by rights since you announced early that you'd have a cleric in Ashdra. It will take me some time to change where I listed him and replace it with Hendrick. Thanks for pointing it out!
Nov 14, 2020 8:50 pm
Okay, GP noob question:

Is there a place in the character sheets for things like description, background, familiar, mount...?
Nov 14, 2020 9:04 pm
RageRed says:
Okay, GP noob question:

Is there a place in the character sheets for things like description, background, familiar, mount...?
As far as I can tell, just the Notes section
Nov 14, 2020 9:10 pm
Yeah notes. At least thats where I;ve always thrown my backstory. You can add an avatar to save on description, but sometimes it's hard finding one, especially for non-humans) (Or people with a golem arm)

I've popped my mount in equipment, but that's as as it's just a horse and not a class feature. I've seen others throw their AC/Familiar/Eidolon stats in notes, or maybe see if you can get wo sheets? Spooki will need to allow that though.
Nov 14, 2020 11:25 pm
Thanks

I will stick the mount and familiar in the notes, unless a better option presents.

Background will fall somewhere under all that I guess.
Nov 15, 2020 12:51 am
What year is it in-game?

I am trying to decide her country of origin and her starting country.

Alon will default to Cerulea unless that doesn't work?

I'm not against starting in Therris, but I really need a good reason. She is not a nature person or peace-loving.
Nov 15, 2020 1:01 am
RageRed says:
What year is it in-game?

I am trying to decide her country of origin and her starting country.

Alon will default to Cerulea unless that doesn't work?

I'm not against starting in Therris, but I really need a good reason. She is not a nature person or peace-loving.
It's 1349, 30 years after the Fracture.
Cerulea works just fine. Whether she was born there or has ended up there is up to you. As usual if you'd like some more descriptors for any of the nations just let me know.
Nov 17, 2020 1:25 am
Just going to briefly mention here that after an incident at work, I'm incredibly shaken up and I will not be active here tonight and possibly tomorrow while I wait on some investigation results. Apologies for the delay. (it sucks too because shit started going to hell as I was starting to write up templates for more details regarding each nation.)

Getting the other two parties started is still my top priority. If anyone in them reads this, here's a brief synopsis for each quest. (Mostly so you can start thinking about how your character got there, but I apologize again that those parties will not officially start until my weekend (Wed-Thur)

Cerulea: A bustling town's residents refuse to leave it, and most trade has stopped. Word is that peasants are going missing along the main road.

Therris: A kid was bitten by a rare spider, and his mother is offering a lot of money for anyone willing to find a cure. The local alchemist has made it clear that an antitode can be made with a bit of its venom.
Nov 17, 2020 1:37 pm
Hey Spooki no sweat. Take the time you need to get sorted. Ok last art thinking about this spider
Nov 17, 2020 8:03 pm
Agreed. Hope things get better for you, Spooki.
Nov 18, 2020 10:21 pm
@ Spooki,

I don't have permission to post to the Cerulea threads, but I can post to the Hydrulus threads.
Last edited November 18, 2020 10:23 pm
Nov 19, 2020 2:02 am
Speaking of, I appear to have permission to post in Hydrulus as well.
Nov 19, 2020 11:02 am
Rage's permissions should be fixed now. Need to investigate lefty's but I have a theory.

Edit: Hydrulus didn't have the general forum permission set up, so everyone could post there. Fixed now.
Nov 28, 2020 2:26 am
I promise I do not normally fudge dice but all these encounters are set up as CR+1. All the same EXP budget. No one is going unconscious or dying right now unless they really want to.

I'm saying this because every PC, including mine, has rolled absolutely terrible in Therris, meanwhile our enemy just crit. The combined damage without applying the crit would knock our tank down to 0.

So think of this first encounter as a sort of... experiment. Encounters will be adjusted based on how well you do. Finding the balance between merciless and too merciful isn't something that's gonna happen right away, so bear with me.

As for the Therris party, I deeply apologize for fudging lmao. Maybe I should have accounted for your incredibly weak spellcaster and knocked this encounter down a peg.

Nothing kills session zero for me like dying does so let's avoid that. Please understand.
Nov 28, 2020 4:58 am
I'd like to see something posted in the Ashdra thread or are you not posting as a GM, rather only as a character?
Nov 28, 2020 5:51 am
I think Spooky may be waiting on Masque
Nov 28, 2020 9:18 am
Don’t worry about fudging that, we would have been toast if you didn’t. That’s just part of the DMs job as I see it.
Nov 28, 2020 10:59 am
I'm waiting on Masque yes, I'm worried about Ashdra keeping up though so I may have to harass Oddy about it.

And thank you, Fox
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.