0.2 The Very Witching Time of Night [Yanric]

load previous
Nov 26, 2020 3:10 pm
The priest shakes his head, no. "I merely did not presume to think you would trust me so near to your precious lady." The words come out with a hint of vitriol.

Kebi nods at Sprout's warning. "Oh, of course. I shall certainly be careful," she says, her words more amused than concerned.

Gesturing for the priest to sit, Kebi threads her fingers together atop the table and eyes the man as he drops across from her.

"Your introduction was most intriguing. Perhaps you might know the full recitation? In English, of course," she adds.

As he sat and stared at Kebi, his suddenly near-cocky expression receded to something more akin to ... reverence?

The priest shakes himself out of his momentary silence and clears his throat.

"Ascend and descend; descend with Nephthys, sink into darkness with the Night-bark. Ascend and descend; ascend with Isis, rise with the Day-bark." The priest offers an uncomfortable smile. "I have heard it in Egyptian as well, but, I am afraid I could not do the pronunciation any justice."

Kebi waves a dismissive hand. "It was not written for the modern tongue, so even the Egyptian translation is not entirely correct."

She leans back in the booth. "So, what is it you want, Father ..." Kebi lets the obvious question dangle within her words.

"Father Emil Lebedev," the priest replies.

Kebi smiles. "A swan?"

The priest rolls his eyes. "Yes, my name is a swan. Hardly amusing." He hunches forward and asks Kebi, "And by what name should I call you?"

"Kebi Abdou would be fine. You may refer to me as Miss Abdou," she says.

"Miss? Not, Ms.?" the priest inquires.

"I am unattached and old fashioned, so I see no reason to adopt modern honorifics that only muddle who we are." She sighs. "Why are you here, Father Lebedev?"

He narrows his eyes and lowers his voice. "I do believe we can help each other ..."
OOC:
I can summarize their conversation, which might be easier than tryin gto play out the rest of it.

And, Yanric is welcome join the scene at the Kettle in 1.1 since it takes place some time after this scene and should involve everyone at some point.

KCC

Nov 26, 2020 3:38 pm
OOC:
Great. Shall I consider this thread closed?
Nov 26, 2020 4:02 pm
KCC69 says:
OOC:
Great. Shall I consider this thread closed?
OOC:
Sure. And I will post a summary of their conversation for Yanric's information, so at least one more GM post will be forthcoming sometime today.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.