Chapter 2 - The Twilight

load previous
Dec 30, 2020 3:53 pm
OOC:
Seems like they're happy for the time being so you can work on the ship, no problem
Dec 30, 2020 7:41 pm
OOC:
Thanks, I'll have Shaw turn his attention back to the ship then.
Dec 31, 2020 5:24 pm
OOC:
Did we have to deliver a physical note or just a memorized message to this guy? I know the return trip with news was part of the deal.
Dec 31, 2020 7:12 pm
OOC:
You got a letter from the brother that you were asked to deliver. I linked the post on the previous page of posts.
Shaw removes himself from the conversation to take care of the blocked up ship bite.
Katkoni, the tzelicrae that guided them to the town, is already working on it. When they spot Shaw approach, they say: "Don't worry, I'm taking care of this. Your crew is already doing so much for us."

Shaw still takes a look at the bite. It's nothing dramatic, just some thick ironroot branches stuck in the machinery. Nothing seems to be actually damaged. It will take some time to remove but it's elementary and Katkoni seems to know what they're doing.
Jan 1, 2021 9:30 pm
Caitriona settles in munching on one of the large green fruits the Councilors from Narrow Plate had given them and starts working on her bow again, she's made some progress but not nearly as much as she'd hoped for.

Rolls

Once more on the bow... - (3d6)

(333) = 9

Jan 4, 2021 7:26 pm
OOC:
Okay, so it seems you're settling in for the time being and you're not taking the letter to him yet.

In that case, we can do a montage while it gets night before you go to sleep. Cait is working on the bow, what are Shaw and Elrenna doing? You can each do one task (take one extended action) and make a roll for it.
Katkoni will fix the ship without Shaw's intervention but if he wants to work on the ship, you can make a roll to give it some temporary boost for example.
Jan 5, 2021 9:35 pm
Elrenna decides to spend the time checking on any other injuries that she might find and searching for other things to harvest for future use in medicinal or culinary uses, it's come in surprisingly handy in the past and even recently so the behavior to scrounge has been reinforced, a scavenger's urge that brings her a sense of peace even while she is deeply uncomfortable with the things that wend and warp their way through her subconscious.
OOC:
I can roll either, healing takes priority but if nobody else is injured it goes to foraging.
Jan 5, 2021 9:40 pm
OOC:
I'll say you can take care of some minor injuries without a roll so feel free to make a foraging or hunting roll to obtain some specimen
Jan 5, 2021 11:51 pm
OOC:
Shaw will work on the ship and try to boost it up.
Jan 6, 2021 8:45 am
OOC:
Alright, Squad, give me a Craft roll for it and tell me what aspect of the ship you want to improve on.
Jan 9, 2021 4:41 am
Caitriona will work on her bow until she hits a mental wall and then she'll deliver the letter.
Jan 12, 2021 8:26 pm
OOC:
I'm still missing rolls from Shaw and Elrenna. If you're okay with me making rolls for you when appropriate to speed things up, let me know but since there is some flexibility in building your dice pools in this system, I don't necessarily want to take that away from you
Jan 15, 2021 7:46 pm
OOC:
I want to work on the actual blades themselves. To make them faster, stronger...etc. I'll start by trying sketch out a formal blueprint.

Rolls

Craft 1, Sharps 1 - (2d6)

(62) = 8

Jan 16, 2021 3:44 am
OOC:
Oh sure he can roll a 6 ...
Jan 17, 2021 1:03 am
OOC:
Sorry I was waiting to see if you had a roll you preferred me to make. Since I didn't see anything about anyone else being injured Elrenna will default to her instincts and continue to scrounge whenever there is a moment of peace, got a little bit of hoarder tendancy, this one. EDIT: This really doesn't want to let me put a roll on it, cooperate, gamersplane!
Elrenna scrounges about while keeping an eye out on the surroundings, combining her gathering of resources with scouting just in case the people in the bizarre ships return to finish what they started.
Last edited January 17, 2021 1:06 am

Rolls

Sense + Gather - (3d6)

(122) = 5

Jan 18, 2021 4:13 pm
OOC:
For Cait, that's disaster with a twist, so mark another failure box on your project as well as another twist.
Shaw rolled a Triumph so I'm adding a temporary one-box benefit "Improved Saws" to the Fading Dawn. The next time you need to roll Saws, you will get an additional D6, then the benefit disappears.
Elrenna rolled a Disaster with a Twist, so she gains one specimen with a negative tag
The three sailors spend the evening hours separately with individual projects. Elrenna looks for more injured and treats a few minor wounds but finds nothing that requires serious attention so she instead begins looking around for resources. While circling around the town, she discovers something interesting, a broken chitinous plate, around the size of her head but flat and shimmering black like the huge beetles - or beetleships - they saw on their way here.
OOC:
Mark down a Specimen: Cracked Deepbeetle Shell
Shaw works hard on the Fading Dawn's bite, sharpening its edges, greasing the mechanisms, until she ship is running smoother than before, at least for the moment.

Caitriona continues working on her bow but for every step forward in the construction that she makes, something else falls apart again. It just seems like today, her hands aren't fit to craft anything complex.
Eventually, she gives up, stores the materials away again and heads to the large house which has become the sleeping quarter for the entire remaining town to speak with the injured ardent, the brother of one of the Narrowplate council members for whom they are carrying a letter.
He is awake, lying in his improvised bed on the floor below the hammocks strung up for the other townspeople who are still agile enough to climb up to them.
Cait hands him the letter and explains that it is sent by his brother and the man, Senan, opens and reads it carefully. "I wish I had better news for Wellon," Senan says to Cait when he is finished. "But maybe my survival will at least be some relief to him. Thank you for bringing me this. I will write a reply and give it back to you by morning so you can take it to him. I wish I could come with you to Narrowplate as he suggests in here but I can't leave this place while my spouse is in the hands of these monsters."
Jan 19, 2021 4:43 pm
Satisfied with his work on the Fading Dawn, Shaw leaves the ship for a quick relaxing stroll. With no particular destination in mind, Shaw simply takes in the sites as he moves about.
Jan 20, 2021 6:06 am
"Relax," Caitriona says to Senan pulling her hair back into a ponytail, "maybe we'll get lucky and figure out a way to get her back for you." She shrugs, "Stranger things have been known to happen."
Last edited January 20, 2021 6:06 am
Jan 23, 2021 7:13 pm
"Them, not her," Senan corrects. "They are a tzelicrae." He pushes himself into a slightly more upright position. "If you have a plan for getting them and all the others that have been taken back, I will do whatever I can to assist - even if it may not be much in my current state - but these beetleship sailors are experienced warriors and not to be underestimated."
As Shaw wanders around the town, he once again notices that most of the population here are tzelicrae, though about a third maybe are composed of members of other bloodlines, primarily the mushroom-like gau. He is regarded with curiosity but not approached by anyone. It seems the villagers are all busy with their own projects, repairs on buildings, cutting down the Tangle around town, cooking...
OOC:
Elrenna and Shaw can both give me a Sense roll as they are traveling around the outskirts of town. Don't forget, if you have an Aspect that might help with the action you're taking (based on the name, not the mechanical description), you can add 1D6 to your dice pool for it (up to a total of 2D6)
Jan 24, 2021 10:30 pm
OOC:
Sense check

Rolls

Sense 2 - (2d6)

(32) = 5

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.