Chapter 2 - The Twilight

load previous
Jan 25, 2021 5:06 am
OOC:
Oh, that seems dangerous to hold onto. But Elrenna sure doesn't know that, salvage is salvage! Edit: Oh hey, that's not the worst at all~
Elrenna turns the odd plate over in her hands before tucking it into her pack, and then continues her way around, starting to circle back toward the town again.
Last edited January 25, 2021 5:06 am

Rolls

Sense - (2d6)

(63) = 9

Jan 25, 2021 2:53 pm
As Elrenna wanders around the town, she suddenly notices something large move past the side of the town very quickly. It's gone as soon as she notices it but it seems like it was some sort of large animal - not a leviathan but not much smaller than a small ship - running past, maybe hunting something smaller that she did not see, maybe fleeing from something else.
Jan 26, 2021 7:39 pm
OOC:
I'm guessing Shaw didn't see anything in particular?
Jan 26, 2021 9:59 pm
OOC:
Nope, not with your roll. Sorry, should have clarified
Jan 26, 2021 11:00 pm
OOC:
No worries, I was making sure.
Jan 29, 2021 7:32 pm
"Oh... that could be trouble." Blinking a few times, the woman just sort of runs a hand through her hair, turning herself back around and taking a bit of a zig-zag route just in case she draws attention from something big. She almost wished she could sneak along with it and see what it was up to, but her stealth skills were, as ever, nonexistant. Returning to he others, she takes a moment to inform them of the big critter, just because forewarned is forearmed. "I also found a weird plate that might've been sheared off of one of those beetle ships."
Jan 30, 2021 4:38 am
"That might make some nice armor for you. Light, sturdy, what's not to like?" Caitriona says pointing at the carapace, "I wonder if the bug ships are coming back, what else would be big enough to put the fear into an animal that big?"

"Might I suggest," Caitriona says, "we move the locals out, and figure out a way to draw the beetle ship crew in and be ready with the Dawn, her jaw should do some serious damage to their ship if we catch them unaware."
Feb 8, 2021 11:14 pm
"It might be a good idea, they might also be waiting for that but there's not really any other kind of option. Assuming that you can actually get them to go anywhere. If we're gonna try and damage them we better keep avoiding those weird threads in mind, otherwise there's no sneaking up on them." She stops for a moment, shaking her head with a look of annoyance on her face. "You know, they should have themed their vehicles after spiders, with that sort of technique, it doesn't fit together right."

She shrugs her shoulders, and then turns her thoughts inward, thinking about whether she might actually be able to make something defensive out of the beetle armor, it might be better to give it a proper inspecting first, being associated with those guys with the kind of things they seem to be doing wouldn't be great.
Feb 11, 2021 3:06 pm
Well, I worked on the blades and got them working more efficiently. So if we do end up fighting...we'll have that advantage. Shaw says as he walks up and listens to the others.
Feb 15, 2021 4:41 pm
OOC:
So are you going to try to evacuate the locals then? Any other preparations you want to do?
Feb 15, 2021 4:50 pm
Caitriona looks about, "I don't like being down here, thinking three dimensionally has never been my thing."

She looks down at the empty nothing that is down there, "Well they can't come from below us, that's for sure. Which direction did the critter come from and where was it going? If they scared it off that'll be the direction they're coming from." Cait scratches the end of her nose leaving a greasy black mark, "We should talk to the locals, they know the lay of the trees, see if they can think of a way to funnel and trap these buggers. Maybe they always come in the same way."

Cait waves the local headperson down and explains her thoughts and concerns to them.
Feb 15, 2021 5:32 pm
The tzelicrae mayor listens to Cait's concerns and nods. "The beetleships have always attacked from the same direction." He gestures towards where the Fading Dawn's crew first saw the beetleships and their web on their way here. It is also the direction that the creature Elrenna saw came from. "That is where they will be coming from again." They chatter to themselves, then say: "There is no way for us to evacuate the village. We have nowhere to go and not enough ships to take more than a handful of our people. We can take shelter in our buildings, some of us can fight, but we cannot flee."
Mar 2, 2021 2:37 pm
With a nod of his head, Shaw steps away and heads towards the ship. Like any other time, he starts checking the various systems, making sure everything is ready.
Mar 3, 2021 5:43 pm
"Is there a way we can cut a path so they have to funnel in from one direction and we can surround them?" Cait asks, "I’d rather put them on the back foot straight away."
Mar 3, 2021 6:22 pm
OOC:
How do you mean? I'm not sure I understand the idea
Mar 4, 2021 5:08 am
OOC:
If you make it so that their approach is easiest along a single path, they'll have to funnel down that path which makes them more vulnerable than if they can come at you from every direction. It's like of like drive lines where you funnel your prey into a kill zone, except in this case the drive lines would have to be three dimensional instead of two dimensional. You start with a large collection zone and as they move towards the village you get rid of the other paths that they could possibly take so by the time they get to the village there's only a single path they can come in from. If you're cleaver you can do this in a way that makes it really hard to notice until it's to late.
Mar 4, 2021 7:31 am
OOC:
You could definitely try that but as those ships are already on the way here, it would be very difficult to still get this done It would require a Saws roll with a Cut of 2 [Meaning you roll four dice and then discard the two highest results].
One of you could do it while the others stay in the village or you could all be on the ship, depending on what you think would be more optimal for yourselves.
Mar 5, 2021 5:20 pm
Cait looks at the others, Elrenna was definitely smarter when it came to this kind of thing. She’d fought before Cait on the other hand was green as a sapling.

Then she glanced at the pile of parts that was supposed to be a bow. "Gods damn it Cait," she muttered, "you’re an Ardent Shankling, you’re supposed to be good at things like this."

"I’ll defer to your wisdom on this," a though crossed her mind, "why are they taking people? Slaves?"
OOC:
Going to make a final attempt on the bow, otherwise I have a knife for fighting. That’s my second success, 1 more.. are those 5’s twists?
Last edited March 5, 2021 5:25 pm

Rolls

This bow is ticking me off... - (3d6)

(556) = 16

You do not have permission to post in this thread.