New systems: Vote here!

load previous
Jul 11, 2015 3:01 pm
Yah, people keep mentioning that its really close to Fate Core, so some Fate Core tweaks will create an Accelerated character sheet. I really should get on that...
Jul 11, 2015 4:39 pm
Fate to FAE is basically replacement of the skill list with "approaches" that function as very broad brush skills. And the mental and physical stress tracks are merged into one track. Very simple changes... 😉
Jul 11, 2015 4:48 pm
Keleth you do so much for this site, I feel bad about asking for more, but FAE would be a much easier task than, say AD&D :-)

Here is the official character sheet.

Just to run you through the sheet in terms of what needs to be there:

* Name, Description, High Concept, Trouble, the three boxes below Trouble, and the three Consequences boxes are all just text.
* Refresh, and Current Fate Points are positive integers, and 0.
* The approaches (careful, clever etc) are positive integers and 0 with a + in front of them.
* Stunts can be treated like Feats or whatever in D&D, ie a short text box linked to a longer text 'details' box.
* The stress boxes are tick boxes.
* The numbers next to the stress boxes (1,2,3) and consequences (2,4,6) are important, but invariable.

That's it! There is no mechanical connection between any of the parts, except technically that when you have more than 3 stunts your refresh starts to decrease, but that would be unwise to code in, as that might be set differently by different GMs anyway.

Let me know if I can help in any other way!
Last edited July 11, 2015 4:48 pm
Jul 16, 2015 7:31 pm
I would like to suggest my current favorite: Shadowrun (5th Edition)
Jul 16, 2015 7:43 pm
Shadowrun 5th is one of those I keep meaning to add, because I love the system too, but something always gets in the way... I'll happen!
Jul 16, 2015 7:48 pm
Probably has already been said, but what about the d100 system of Call of Cthulhu by Chaosium? No rush on that one though.
Jul 20, 2015 4:29 pm
Sorry to keep asking for the same thing, but I'm hooking up with my Fate Accelerated Edition players on Sunday, and I'd like to help them get set up on this site.

In fact, I now see the Fate Core sheet can pretty much be used, as long as you ignore one of the stress tracks, and mentally replace the word "Skills" with "Approaches". So that's what we'll do if need be.

But, for a fully adapted FAE sheet all that needs changing is:

* Change "Skills" to "Approaches"
* Ideally have the default Approaches (Careful, Clever, Flashy, Forceful, Quick, Sneaky) there by default, but still with the possibility to delete / add if necessary.
* Only have one (otherwise unlabeled) track under "Stress", starting with three boxes, but able to add and subtract as per the Fate Core sheet.
* Get rid of "Extras" (maybe - could be left as in general bits of Fate Core can be tacked on)

That's it! :-)
Jul 20, 2015 4:55 pm
Fate Accelerated is the current worked-on feature. It'll probably take about a week to setup though.
Aug 21, 2015 4:09 pm
I wouldn't know how it would be pulled off but I always wanted to try Classic Marvel rpg

http://www.classicmarvelforever.com/cms/advanced-game-and-modules.html

I tried making a character once but got confused and then busy with something else.
Sep 2, 2015 5:39 am
Has anyone mentioned Stars Without Number yet?

Sci-fi, legally free core book, lots of interesting accessories
Sep 14, 2015 10:55 pm
I'll toss in a vote for One Ring, perhaps. I think the style of gameplay in One Ring, which is very narrative, might fit PbP pretty well. I'll say that having read the rules and each of the expansions and yet never having played. :)

Edit to add link: http://www.cubicle7.co.uk/our-games/the-one-ring/
Last edited September 14, 2015 10:57 pm
Sep 15, 2015 5:56 pm
A vote for Call of Cthulhu d100, either 6th or 7th edition, or both.
Sep 15, 2015 9:06 pm
rocklet says:
A vote for Call of Cthulhu d100, either 6th or 7th edition, or both.
Yep, yep, yep!!!
Sep 15, 2015 10:18 pm
I'll third COC 6/7, I want to try GMing a game at one point.
Oct 28, 2015 9:50 pm
I'd love to run a game of Monsterhearts on here! It's a game about sexy monsters coming to terms not only with growing up, but with being monsters! It's angsty, melodramatic, and supernatural, like if the CW put out a TRPG. All the character sheets (the game refers to them as "Skins") are available online for free, as well as the condensed rules in cheat-sheet format, but it's definitely well worth the time and money to buy and read the full rules.

Just declaring now, if Monsterhearts gets added, I will 100% write and run a game!
Dec 1, 2015 10:36 am
I'm preparing to start a Mistborn Adventure Game here, if 2 more folks express interest, and it'd be mighty convenient to have it set up in the system so we don't have to use Custom (but I don't mind if we do, figured there was no harm in asking!)

Here's the Character Sheet
Last edited December 1, 2015 10:36 am
Mar 9, 2016 7:38 pm
Can there be a generic Cypher System setting added? You already have the Strange and Numenera, so it shouldn't take much modification. I would like to run a game (eventually) using the Cypher System Core Rulebook.
Mar 9, 2016 7:59 pm
I plan on adding Cypher soon!
Mar 15, 2016 11:14 am
I am new to the site, but I would love to have a generic Cortex & Cortex Plus sheet.
Mar 15, 2016 11:24 am
I have been meaning to work on the Firefly Cortex sheet, so I'll probably tackle the generics first, then the specifics.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.