Chapter 6 - Mission Impossible

load previous
Mar 29, 2021 7:07 am
OOC:
For short distances, the investigators can walk slowly in a normal manner. If they increase their speed, it is impossible to sustain
a walking motion due to the lack of gravity (a raised foot while walking would be suspended six times longer than it would be on
Earth). The most efficient way to walk is to lope: putting one foot before the other, pushing off with this foot, and landing on the
other, but not separating the feet as in a normal stride.
Stopping and starting is easier for heavier people, as those carrying less weight (SIZ 50 or less) find starting and stopping
momentum harder. Grip on the lunar surface is a matter of friction, and low gravity means there is less friction and less grip. An
investigator attempting to run normally would end up tumbling over onto their faces, while attempting a quick stop means they
skid uncontrollably.

Gravity being 1/6th that of Earth’s, a successful Jump roll indicates a height of up to sixteen-feet on the Moon—on Earth, an
average jump height would be 16–20 inches, from standing. An unsuccessful Jump roll indicates a maximum height of ten-feet
is gained.
Mar 29, 2021 9:59 am
Charles plays in the new environment like a school child on the playground. He runs and jumps with a giant beaming smile.

Rolls

Jump(40) - (1d100)

(87) = 87

Mar 29, 2021 10:12 am
OOC:
Is Rupert able to pull himself together enough to help or does he still feel unable to breathe?
Mar 29, 2021 11:07 am
Knifesedgegames sent a note to The_Librarian
Mar 29, 2021 2:56 pm
OOC:
I thought I did. I will again if it got lost

Rolls

sanity 67 - (1d100)

(30) = 30

Mar 29, 2021 3:06 pm
The_Librarian says:
OOC:
I thought I did. I will again if it got lost
OOC:
ah sorry, I found it. You lost 1 San, so no major effects, you can act normally.
Mar 29, 2021 3:07 pm
OOC:
Still waiting on a San check from Muldoon
Mar 29, 2021 6:14 pm
Dr. Mallard collects himself and moves to assist with the trolley
Mar 29, 2021 6:38 pm
Meanwhile, Bobby has flailing and grasping at his own throat.

Rolls

SAN (23) - (1D100)

(6) = 6

Apr 1, 2021 9:00 am
Once Riley and Lang are satisfied with your progress, you are led to one of the crates. Inside are various firearms, which are offered to you.

The crate contains: six .303 rifles, four .45 revolvers, two Thompson submachine guns, four flare pistols, a case of 24 hand grenades, as well as ample ammunition for all the guns. Riley opens another crate and removes sets of khaki-green combat belts, passing one to each of you.

Riley and Lang proceed to fill their belt pouches with ammunition. They indicate you should do the same. After you are kitted out, you each receive a powerful battery-powered flashlight. Finally, Riley removes two rolls of hemp rope from a crate, keeps one, and hands the other to Lang who attaches it to a loop in his belt.
Apr 1, 2021 8:38 pm
OOC:
Do we have one of everything?
Apr 1, 2021 8:49 pm
OOC:
Up to you which you want, but only four revolvers and 2 machines guns, so not everyone can take. Choose your weapon of choice!
Apr 1, 2021 9:26 pm
OOC:
the good doctor would be better with a handgun
Apr 1, 2021 10:31 pm
Charles will take a rifle. He looks very awkward with it, obviously not handling weapons much. He will walk over to Muldoon and write Can you show me? in an effort to distract the man.
Apr 2, 2021 12:37 am
Hesitantly takes a revolver, checks the cylinder, loads it and holsters it as well before nodding.
Apr 2, 2021 1:31 am
Larry takes a revolver, and a couple grenades.
Apr 7, 2021 10:53 am
Bobby takes a rifle, a flare pistol and half a dozen grenades, strapping on the belt like a professional. Ernest also grabs a rifle and a flare gun but avoids the grenades.
Apr 7, 2021 11:00 am
Once you are all kitted out Lang hands each of you a powerful battery-powered flashlight. Riley removes two rolls of hemp rope from a crate, keeps one and hands the other to Lang who attaches it to a loop on his belt.

Riley then writes on his board: FOLLOW ME. KEEP YOUR WITS ABOUT YOU.

He then retraces his steps back to the first cave near the Moon Gate. Beckoning you to follow, Riley heads towards the caves main exit tunnel. The way out leads uphill for around thirty-feet to a circular entrance revealing a black sky dotted with distant stars. Pausing at the entrance, Riley takes a moment to compose himself then gestures for you to folow.
Apr 7, 2021 11:33 am
Charles will quickly grab a flare pistol as well and follow
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.