Chapter 6 - Mission Impossible

load previous
Mar 8, 2021 8:16 am
"As you missed the earlier conversation, Mr Brown, I'll recap. The gate will change your bodies to adapt to the peculiarities of the Moon's atmosphere. This has been tested by our two men joining the group, Colin Lang and Devon Riley. They are experienced and know the area you need to traverse. Follow their instruction and you will be safe enough. They are expert marksmen, military veterans and most importantly, loyal to FOC. They will literally mean the difference between success and survival."
Mar 9, 2021 3:58 am
Mr. Brown raised his eyebrows at the mention of 'changing the bodies'. "Okay, okay... that's... an unusual plan, but since it has already been tested, I don't think I'll have a problem with it. And when are we planning to go?"
Mar 9, 2021 7:54 am
"We are ready to go as soon as this question and answer session is over. Anything else?"
Mar 9, 2021 11:10 am
As long as you are sure, I suppose I am ready
Mar 9, 2021 8:48 pm
"Are we sure the explosives will work?" Larry asks with an arched eyebrow.
Mar 9, 2021 9:00 pm
"We're fairly sure," nods Lang, "But if we do fail, another team will no doubt follow with a bigger bomb."
Mar 9, 2021 9:01 pm
"After an appropriate period of mourning of the lost heroes," adds Abelard.
Mar 9, 2021 10:12 pm
Just like being back in the trenches then
Mar 11, 2021 9:33 am
"Right, if there are no other questions, could you kindly follow me," says the younger soldier, eager to get started.
Mar 11, 2021 9:34 am
On your way out, Abelard heartily shakes your hands one by one, "thank you for your service to Humanity."
Mar 11, 2021 9:36 am
Back in the basement, Matherson awaits, "Are you ready for your first experience on the Moon?" she asks excitedly.
Mar 11, 2021 11:16 am
Absolutely! Squeaks Charles.
Mar 11, 2021 9:45 pm
Larry pats his chest pocket, "Does the trip do anything to a good whiskey?"
Mar 11, 2021 11:30 pm
Riley looks alarmed, "I'd advise against it. We don't know the effects of alcohol on the system up there, so keep it bottled."
Mar 12, 2021 11:14 am
It would likely end poorly. he looks thoughtful. Shall we then?
Mar 15, 2021 8:08 am
OOC:
I'll be dropping awsmack from the mission as he's not posted yet or responded to messages.

So the lineup:

Rupert Mallard
Robert Steele-Muldoon
Larry Getz
Charles Wilson
Ernest Brown
Colin Lang (NPC)
Devon Riley (NPC)
Mar 20, 2021 11:22 am
You are each given a small chalkboard on a string along with a few sticks of chalk. Riley and Lang, their own chalkboards and chalk in hand, step through the Gate. Matherson gestures for you to follow.
OOC:
Stepping through the gate, each of you lose 5 magic points and 1 Sanity.
There is a moment of darkness and a brief period of disorientation and suddenly you find yourselves in a tunnel where Lang and Riley are waiting. The tunnel leads uphill for about 8 feet. Strange footprints litter the floor along with what look like deeply embedded wheel track marks.
OOC:
INT checks please
Mar 20, 2021 12:03 pm
Charles catches himself on the side of the hall, notices the tracks and begins studying his surroundings.

Rolls

INT (75) - (1d100)

(87) = 87

Mar 20, 2021 12:15 pm
Knifesedgegames sent a note to Edmund_Balworth
Mar 20, 2021 1:32 pm
Dr.Mallard steps through with narrowed eyes.

Rolls

intelligence 90 - (1d100)

(76) = 76

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.