Hm... seems like you're using IE. Can I suggest a better browser, such as Firefox, Chrome or Opera? There are other choices too.

If you wanna stick with IE, or can't switch, I'll warn you right now, while most of this site should work with IE, stuff might come up buggy, so you might not enjoy it as much...

2.1 - Dagger

Apr 16, 2016 2:06 pm
Heyop, if this is a trick of yours it is not amusing. softly echos back to you as you look around. You are on a smooth flat surface with a dense fog surrounding you. The fogs smooths out above you and you can make out the twinkling of many small lights... stars? ... in the ceiling above.

Behind you is no different than what is in front of you. You are unable to discern a pathway. It's as if you're on a large, empty field.
Apr 17, 2016 12:01 am
Oh man, how much of that gas did I inhale?, Dagger questions no one in particular as he tries to walk further on into the nothingness.
Last edited April 17, 2016 12:01 am, a total of 1 time
Apr 17, 2016 1:21 pm
Walking deeper into the fog, Dagger is feels the humidity of the air increase. The path he is on begins to descend -- which is a bit disconcerting since he cannot properly see at this time. Using his hands for balance, he's able to reach out and feel the sides of his path that have narrowed significantly. Beneath his fingers is a combination of plants, roots and dirt -- almost as if he's doing underground.

The fog clears as he flattens out his walking and he is assaulted with the sounds of strange creatures. He's in a cave of some sort -- snakes of all shapes and sizes are easily visible slithering about and a lizard emits a strange scream that startles him.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/forceanddestiny/dagger-lizard.jpg

Light filters in from above, but Dagger is aware of an oppressive cold feeling, despite the warmth and humidity of his surroundings.
Apr 17, 2016 2:04 pm
What sort of vision is this? Dagger wonders aloud to himself. He calls out into this strange cave, Hello?! Heyop? Cassilig? Urik? Anyone?

He suddenly feels the need to have his blaster again, and draws it from its holster.
Apr 17, 2016 4:12 pm
Nothing echoes back and no one answers Dagger's call. The blaster comes loose from its holster easily. Several feet forward, the oppression of the cave seems to press in from all sides -- not physically, but emotionally. Ahead, Dagger is able to make out a fork in the path. To the right -- a simple path beckons with some light -- it seems like it could be a way out. To the left, there's a much more difficult path. Braced by a moment of indecision the dark side assaults his senses.
OOC:
Please roll a hard fear check (3 purple against discipline).
Apr 20, 2016 2:21 am
Dagger tries to mentally push back on the encroaching darkness.

Rolls

Discipline (Wil)

2 Success, 2 Advantage, 2 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 1 Advantage

Apr 20, 2016 11:49 pm
Although he puts up a brave face, Dagger is best by an underlying fear in this strange place. He grips his blaster a little more tightly and looks at the options before him needing to decide on the quick way forward -- and possible out; or the hard way.
OOC:
Thanks - please add a setback die to all further rolls until further notice.
Apr 21, 2016 2:58 am
Dagger feels the fear encroaching in. Pressing down on him. Despite the presence over his shoulder he turns to take the much more treacherous looking path. Enough time in the big city has taught him, if it looks too good to be true, it probably is. That exit is too easy of a path. Too inviting. He presses on down the difficult path.
Apr 21, 2016 4:12 pm
Dagger heads towards the harder of the two paths forward. The climb will be difficult -- and require both of his hands, so he holsters his blaster. The vines and creatures about seem everywhere -- making it difficult for him to decide where to put his hands and feet. One moment, things are clear, the next he has some slithering ick thing moving across his forearm.
OOC:
Please make a hard (3P) Coordination (Ag) check. Add two setback dice please. One for your general discomfort, the other for the creepy crawlies making it hard to focus.
Apr 21, 2016 4:16 pm
Dagger keeps pushing on as best as he can. Hoping not to accidentally grab a snake instead of a vine.

Rolls

Coordination (Agi)

4 Success, 2 Advantage, 3 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 1 Success, 1 Advantage

Apr 21, 2016 5:56 pm
Dagger is able to get up to the top -- there's a couple of uncertain moments in his ascent, but his natural agility serves him well in his efforts. Scrambling to the top -- a final shove also cleanly kicking one of those loud lizards gently off the side, Dagger is heartened that he chose the harder path and did well.
OOC:
Dagger recovers one strain
Casting about there seems to be more cave -- more tunnel ahead. With little else to do, Dagger presses on deeper into the cave -- whose creepiness does not abate. In due course, he pushes some drooping, grasping roots out of the way and spies another fork in his path. There is a distinct sound of mechanical breathing coming from the right -- it sounds injured and struggling -- but the particular wheeze and cadence teases at events in Dagger's past. The passageway that direction is wide and inviting as the creatures and roots that adorn the cave thin out.
OOC:
How 'bout another 3 purple fear / discipline check, please. remember yon setback.
To the left -- the path again looks passable, but there is a thick mass of roots and squirming creepy crawlies to move through. The only sounds that emanate from it are the occasional screech of those terrible lizards.
Apr 21, 2016 7:28 pm
Hearing the sound, the breathing. Dagger continues down the right path, trying his best to block out the feeling this place is pushing down on him.

Rolls

Discipline (wil)

4 Success, 5 Threat

Total: 4 Success, 5 Threat

Apr 21, 2016 11:43 pm
Dagger moves forward -- the path is easy enough for him to follow. The sound of the breathing plays against his fears however, causing him significant concern. The stress of resisting it takes its toll on the twi'lek as he picks his way through a thinning and easier-to-navigate part of the cave.

Coming around a corner, Dagger is able to see a tall man, dressed all in black with a long black cloak with his back to him. He leans, tiredly, against the side of the cave -- oblivious to Dagger's presence. Perhaps he's wounded. Dagger's mind jumps quickly to rumors of the Emperor's lackey -- whom Dagger holds accountable for the deaths of some of his fellow slaves. It would be so easy just to take care of him now...

The silence of the cave abruptly ends as cool calculation and hot rage press against him from his environment. He's been able to withstand the fear and oppression of the cave thus far, and thus remains able to decide for himself what he is to do next.
OOC:
Dagger does take 2 strain from the threat - I will thread the rest into plot twisting.
Apr 23, 2016 8:46 am
Dagger, driven part by rage and part by the methodical instinct that led him to finish the downed Malfax, draws his vibroknife and walks up behind the figure. He puts a hand on his shoulder and spins him around, ready to plunge the knife into him.
Apr 23, 2016 6:47 pm
As the large figure is spun around -- and he has quite a bit more heft to him than Dagger anticipated -- an armored black hand comes up quickly and swats the nimble Twi'lek away. Dagger sails across the small cavern and crashes into the wall. There's a rumble and clouds of dust cascade around him.
OOC:
Please roll a 2-purple coordination roll w/your setback to minimize the trauma from being flung across the room.
Apr 25, 2016 2:37 pm
Dagger splays out his hands trying to find purchase before he flies too far.

Rolls

Coordination (Agi)

2 Success, 3 Advantage, 2 Failure

Total: 3 Advantage

Apr 25, 2016 2:59 pm
OOC:
You take 5 strain.
As the dust settles and his vision clears, Dagger feels a little battered and bruised. The tip of his left lekku is sore and particularly bruised -- it seems like he landed on it at some point and squished it a bit more than it likes. He stands and brushes off the dirt and twigs around him.

The dark figure is gone. The passage forward no longer seems as serene and easy as it was before. A voice echoes oddly, "Reckless, young one. You must be mindful of the Force and able to spot the easy path that you yearn to follow. The path you walk is not easy -- nor one to recklessly charge down."
Apr 25, 2016 9:28 pm
Should I run so quickly from danger, I may abandon those who matter most, Dagger says into the air. Recalling all of those lost, those who he swore to free.

He continues on down the path, looking less for a fight now, and more for a way out.
Apr 26, 2016 12:07 am
"Running quickly from danger can be as reckless as running into danger." A Cerean male appears before Dagger. He is dressed in casual, but closely fitting clothing rather than the robes that seem to dominate the mythology around the jedi. With their second brain, Cereans are renowned for having the ability to divide their focus or -- when concentrating -- provide extremely reasoned thought.

"A jedi does not seek glory or revenge. You passed your first test when you were not lured by the easy path. But when challenged with a greater reward -- revenge upon a hated foe to compensate for your own loss... you rushed forward for the easy win." He considers for a moment, walking along side Dagger as he continues on the path.
Apr 26, 2016 2:08 am
I rushed forward to save lives. That man, that thing. He has caused so much death, and will continue to kill. If I did not finish him when I had the chance, all of their blood would be on my hands. Malefax as well. He was a monster. Urik himself would tell you so. That monster would surely have pushed the boy until he broke. Physically, or mentally. That would have been on my hands if I let him live.

The Jedi are supposed to be protectors. How can you protect if you are not willing to destroy evil?, Dagger still holds the knife in his hand, searching the cavern for the dark robed one.
1 of 2
1 2 >

Thread locked