2.1 - Dagger

load previous
Apr 26, 2016 4:26 am
The figure nods. "And do you believe that you alone could best a dark lord of the Sith?" He looks at Dagger. "I do not mean to judge, but you do not move with the strength of some. Could that blade have done more than exposed you to a danger that would let him end your life? Does your death aid any cause in the example?"

He lets Dagger ruminate over this in silence for a half dozen steps and then adds, "I sense, through you, that Malefax was arrogant, quite possibly sadistic and evil -- but ultimately he succumbed to you and your friends. Jedi must sometimes sit in judgment of those who would do great evil. But this must be done openly and dispassionately. Justice, compassion, mercy, and punishment. These should be weighed and considered - and when you do so with the serenity demanded of us, the Force will be your guide. When you act rashly, you open yourself up to anger, hate and suffering. These are steps down the path of the Dark Side."

Again, he lets this sink in for a few steps. "Remember the code. There is no passion; there is serenity. What do you think this means for you to do?"
Apr 26, 2016 8:53 am
Dagger looks down at the vibroknife. Suddenly feeling woefully inadequate. A small part of him burns with anger for being chastised by this being.

I suppose it means to let go of my grudge, he says as he sheathes the small blade. He stands sheepish for a few moments, seeming to wrestle with something mentally. All of those people. Wiped out in an few moments. I arrived to liberate them and I was too late, he tries to explain, dropping to his knees, I held the youngest of them. He was but five years old. He died because I didn't act fast enough, his face is shrouded by his hood, but small wet spots begin to dot the robes below.

It's so hard to let it go. But... But I must. How? How do I become stronger? How do I know peace?, he questions the figure.
Apr 26, 2016 1:35 pm
The figure looks over Dagger for a few moments and seems to consider his words. "Remember the Jedi code. It will help you find peace in times of trouble.

There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no death, there is the Force.

But -- be warned that I believe the objective of the code is not to turn you into an emotionless being. It is intended to help you in times of strife and critical moments to open yourself to the Force. Your emotions give you context, and I believe our arrogance and our detachment from emotion played a role in our own downfall and the rise of the Empire. This is a path you must walk without our wisdom. You must walk the balance between being a feeling being and being serene and open to the subtle demands and whispers of the Force."

He sits, cross-legged in front of Dagger. "You must find peace through reflection and as an exercise of the mind. Not through vengeance. Think of the Force as a quiet voice in a crowded room. Your emotion are the other voices. Anger. Hate. Pain. These emotions are like loud friends who are more interested in themselves than in you. They drown out the other voices and sell you a story of fun, or reward. But they leave you empty-handed at the end of the adventure."

"This is a dangerous time for you and your friends. The dark side will call to you with its easy promises of power and success. You must work together against that call, or you will become thralls of the very person you would seek to thwart. You are ready for this journey, young one."
Apr 26, 2016 1:51 pm
Dagger wipes away a stray tear. Feeling both like a comforted child, and yet strangely optimistic about his future. For once his thoughts aren't clouded by his desire for revenge. It still lurks somewhere in his mind, but he has finally quieted it.

My friends?, Dagger asks, almost forgetting where he previously was, Where are my friends? I must get back to them. Heyop, Urik. Csillag. I would like to know they are safe.
Apr 26, 2016 3:55 pm
"I do not know where they are." The figure pulls a small wooden box out of his robes. It is intricately carved and there is no obvious fastener or opening for it. He appears to concentrate and the sides of the box expand outward, separating from one another. Within, a small crystal floats.

"Take this. It will help you on your journey."
Apr 26, 2016 3:57 pm
Dagger takes the small crystal and looks it over. How will I know this is the right one? I have so many questions, Dagger stammers. Trying to think of everything he wanted to say or ask but being at a loss for any of it.
Apr 26, 2016 9:26 pm
The box shuts after Dagger takes hold of the crystal. Between one moment and the next -- covered by the blinking of his eyes -- Dagger is kneeling on a stone floor before a strange device.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/forceanddestiny/forge-small.jpg

A bright sun shines overhead and there are the sounds of birds. The device calls out to Dagger and in his state he receives the will of the Force as it guides his hands and mind through the purpose of the device. Opening up his hand, Dagger's crystal has begun to glow a bright blue. He finds himself able to use the Force to move the crystal between the two pillars of the device where it begins to rotate.

Dagger's awareness extends and the device reveals to him the mechanical components for a lightsaber. Although the options are not unlimited, Dagger is able to shape and build the device that best suits him through his manipulation of the Force.
OOC:
Here I'm happy to let you talk about what Dagger puts together -- assume you may use the Force to move and manipulate these items freely at this particular vergeance.
Apr 26, 2016 9:37 pm
Dagger finds he is talking to himself when he looks up but soon moves to this device and begins work. He has no clue what he is doing but seems to be doing it with some sort of uncontrolled purpose. Soon, parts clicking into place, he has lost sense of time and his creation is becoming the only thing he sees.

He isn't even sure how he is manipulating the parts as they float towards him, finding their place and purpose under a strangely skilled hand. He is surprised to know the hand is his own.

After what may have been minutes, or eternities, he holds two parts of a small hilt, not much bigger than the hilt of his vibroknife. The gem floats in the air of the device and he clicks the two parts of the hilt together around it. His focus snaps back suddenly and he stands holding the hilt of a newly crafted shoto lightsaber. He instinctively switches it on, already somehow deeply familiar with its function. The blue beam extends out with an audible whir. The blade extends out only about a foot and a half. Larger than his vibroknife, but still smaller than a traditional jedi lightsaber.

He finds a calm about the saber as he holds it and focuses on the force moving throughout it. He opens his eyes and finds he has more to create. After another short time he has crafted a second shoto hilt. This one has no crystal in it. It creates no beam and seems completely useless. But something inside him caused him to create it. So he tucks it away. Hoping he will know the purpose when it arises.
OOC:
Let me know if you would rather I don't create the extra hilt. I'm mostly using it to hope some day I could dual wield shotos.
Last edited April 26, 2016 9:38 pm
Apr 26, 2016 9:47 pm
OOC:
I'm okay with the second, empty, hilt. I debated a second crystal for you, knowing the intent I think, but opted instead to keep it as a quest for a future time. This is a major character accomplishment. As a result, I hereby award 20XP.
Apr 26, 2016 9:49 pm
OOC:
Huzzah! Yeah I like adding a bit of open endedness for more GM hijinks.
Apr 26, 2016 9:57 pm
Dagger's blade is well-made and he feels refreshed from the exercise. It is as if something right has simply clicked into place for him and he senses a surfeit of opportunity in front of him.
OOC:
Dagger recovers all wounds and strain. For the sake of narrative bliss -- I also grant the basic Move force power to Dagger. The experience having taught him something of his own to practice and consider.
The sun remains bright overhead and the warmth feels good without that awful dry heat of the planet he was on... before the cave. It is clear that he does not stand on the same planet... again? still? The forge that he is in has only the solitary room he stands in with the device before him. Behind him, an exit in the ancient stone edifice leads to a small balcony of sorts. From it crumbly stairs lead down to a grassy vale.
Apr 26, 2016 10:35 pm
Urik suddenly appears before the Forge -- his focus entirely on the device before him. He appears to be in some sort of fugue state and not immediately aware of his surroundings. Like a small sun, a yellow crystal rotates and glows in the forge before him.
Apr 26, 2016 11:01 pm
Dagger observes Urik for some time, interested to know what it must have appeared like for him to work on the forge. He turns to the staircase, leaving Urik to his focus, remembering how he had been lost in the forge as well. Dagger heads down the staircase to the grassy vale. Snow and heat have been what he has seen recently. He hopes to enjoy the view before he finds this experience over. Vision, or transportation, or whatever it might be.
Apr 27, 2016 11:34 pm
OOC:
Locking and un-stickying.

Thread locked