Gather Round The Fireplace

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jan 19, 2021 8:52 am
Hello all! First and foremost. I hope you’re all doing well in this world of ours! I hope everyone is staying heathy and sane wherever the world finds you.

My name is Tanner! I’m 27 and am located in the Eastern Time Zone! I’m dipping my toes into the water of tabletop after becoming extremely interested in the Star Wars FFG system and rules. I’ve got no prior experience in tabletop but have a couple years’ experience in play by post roleplaying (of a non-dice variety).

I’m kind of coming into this as a newbie more or less. I’ve been reading the rulebooks in preparation for playing but I’ve yet to do anything in actual practice. I’m most interested in dipping my toes into the water with Star Wars but if it all goes well could see myself trying others as well.
Jan 19, 2021 9:40 am
Welcome. Star Wars FFG games pop up from time to time. I am keeping an eye out for a game, my self on the game tavern and you sould to
Jan 19, 2021 11:12 am
Welcome, trobillard!

People who are new to the hobby are always welcome here and if you mention that when you apply to a game, most GMs will be happy to give you a hand and help you figure things out!

If you want to see how GP functions, check out the New GP Member Guide and maybe look through some public games as well.

Rune already linked the Games Tavern, which is where you can keep an eye on any new game that pop up and are recruiting players.

You might also want to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

Happy gaming!
Jan 19, 2021 1:47 pm
Welcome trobillard217. I learned to play FFG Star Wars here, too (I've learned to play dozens, scores of games in my six years here actually). I'd played many TTRPGs before that, but a number of people here were inexperienced when they joined and that's not a dealbreaker - very few games are posted where the GM says that experience is a must.

I hope you find a great game and come to love this hobby as so many of us do.
Jan 19, 2021 1:47 pm
Welcome to GP trobillard217!

Len

Jan 19, 2021 2:37 pm
Welcome aboard!
Jan 19, 2021 2:39 pm
Hi, Trobillard217! We've got a good group of Star Wars and Genesys GMs here (the two systems are very similar). You should be able to find a game fairly soon, I think.
Jan 19, 2021 3:58 pm
Your thread cannot repel a welcome of this magnitude!
Jan 19, 2021 5:20 pm
Hello and welcome ! Can guarantee you've come to the right place, this is the best PbP site I've ever met. See you around and have fun !
Jan 19, 2021 6:12 pm
Popping in and just saying thank you to everyone who posted and gave a kind word! it's always nice to come to a new site and get such a warm welcome! I really appreciate it and am absolutely happy to be here!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.