Greets

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Feb 9, 2021 7:37 am
Hi folks. I've had an account on GP for a while now, but haven't had the time to dive in and properly look around, introduce myself, play in or run a game, etc. I'm Harrigan. Started playing in '83, and was hooked from the first time I rolled dice as Fonkin Hoddypeak. (A pre-gen from Against the Giants.)

From 1995 to 2019 I played my RPGs exclusively via first PBeM and then PbP, so one could say I'm pretty fond of this medium. These days, I tend to like lighter systems, small press stuff, and systems kind of at the edges of the hobby. Current faves include The Black Hack (and many of it's offshoots), Vaesen (and other YZE games), Shadow of the Demon Lord, Delta Green, Mothership, Fate, Barbarians of Lemuria, virtually all of John Harper's games, parts of the OSR, and the Tiny D6 games. Probably like many here, I'm a collector -- I own hundreds of RPGs and love the hobby deeply.

Now just need to get organized and join a game, or get one rolling.
Feb 9, 2021 7:45 am
Welcome, Harrigan!

Since you've been around for a while, you've probably already seen most of this but I'm linking it just in case anyway (except the discord, since I already saw you there)!

If you want to see how GP functions, check out the New GP Member Guide and maybe look through some public games as well.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

Happy gaming!
Feb 9, 2021 8:04 am
Thanks for all the pointers, @bowlofspinach! (I love spinach, incidentally.)
Feb 9, 2021 8:16 am
Hi Harrigan and welcome to GP,

I've never heard of those games, but I'm sure you'll meet other connoisseurs of the OSR in the discord channel.
Feb 9, 2021 10:53 am
Welcome aboard
Feb 9, 2021 12:49 pm
Hey Harrigan! Looking forward to gaming together.
Feb 9, 2021 1:54 pm
Welcome Harrigan. Many of the games you listed I've ran or played here, so you'll find yourself in like-minded company.
Feb 9, 2021 2:29 pm
Welcome to GP!

Len

Feb 9, 2021 2:59 pm
Welcome aboard, Harrigan!
Feb 9, 2021 3:17 pm
Hello and welcome!
Feb 9, 2021 3:20 pm
Smile.. Hmmm .. fresh meat...HELLO.
Feb 9, 2021 3:21 pm
Oh, speaking of Vaesen/YZE I just got an email today that Free League is taking The One Ring Second Edition to Kickstarter in two days. I wonder if they're going to use YZE?
Feb 9, 2021 4:01 pm
Welcome!
Feb 9, 2021 4:43 pm
Welcome!
Feb 9, 2021 6:33 pm
Hello and welcome!
Feb 9, 2021 8:26 pm
Great to have you!
Feb 21, 2021 6:55 pm
Qralloq says:
Oh, speaking of Vaesen/YZE I just got an email today that Free League is taking The One Ring Second Edition to Kickstarter in two days. I wonder if they're going to use YZE?
Meant to follow up here -- I don't believe so. I think it's a streamlined and revamped version of the older TOR game. Too bad -- I'd have backed it if it was YZE!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.