Campsite in the Strange

load previous
Mar 15, 2021 4:01 pm
OOC:
No worries.
I need to split the Priests concentration. Ash thinks to himself his long dagger and free hand picking separate targets his body still moving after weaving through attacks.
OOC:
Must be running out of steam.
Last edited March 15, 2021 4:02 pm

Rolls

Downed Warrior w/Light Weapon so down 3 steps Dmg 2 - (1d20)

(6) = 6

Plasma Arc w/Effort Sgt with WW 1st Target Dmg 4 - (1d20)

(5) = 5

Plasma Arc w/Effort Sgt 2nd Priest Dmg 4 - (1d20)

(9) = 9

Mar 16, 2021 6:52 am
The Warrior is stabbed, but despite the hit, it seems that its golden armour stopped the blade from penetrating through. The Sgt and Priest manages to dodge away from the Plasma Arc, despite the effort to aim at them.

As the Sgt is about to fire again, the Warrior that it attacked seems to turn around and glare at the Sgt, which in turn gave Georgie an opportunity to stab it in the back with his spear. Apparently, the wing knocked the blow aside just in the right angle to cause it to miss.

"GREAT BROTHER, WHY DOST THINE WEAPON TURNETH AGAINST ME?!" The Warrior demanded.
"MY HOLY ARMAMENT STRUCK THOU?! NONSENSE! MY WRATH WAS UPON THE DEFIANT MORTALS!" The Sgt and his subordinate continues to bicker.

The Priest looks at its leader, aware of the clumsy attack. It begins to chant, focused on the Sgt. "MY SUPERIOR, THINE SENSES HAVE BEEN ALTERED BY THE QUICKENED MORTAL! CEASE THE FOOLISH ADMONISHMENTS!"

The Warrior on the ground simply picks itself up. Ignoring the infighting, it continues to strike at Ash. (A speed def roll.)

Georgie was grinning through bloody teeth as he watch the angellic soldiers argue amongst themselves. "Hah! Why don't you hypocrites fly back to your home to argue further!" He attacks his Distracted target with the spear. Unfortunately, the Warrior sidesteps it, giving Georgie a harder scowl.
OOC:
Your turn!

Rolls

Georgie attack roll - (1d20)

(11) = 11

(6) = 6

Mar 16, 2021 11:52 am
"It's nice to know even other world bosses bring their underlings to remote places to dispose of them on missions via accidents." Ash jeers before taking a moment and refocusing on the priest and leader.

I need to finish this quickly or extract from this attempt Ash thinks trying to figure if his companion will die in this assassination attempt and would that mean he fails the test.

Rolls

Speed Roll - (1d20)

(3) = 3

Recovery - (1d6+4)

(5) + 4 = 9

Plasma Arc w/effort & WW to Sgt - (1d20)

(9) = 9

Plasma Arc w/effort to Priest - (1d20)

(8) = 8

Mar 20, 2021 6:42 am
The sword of the undistracted soldier finds itself searing Ash. (It deals 5 damage) From the pain, he takes a sharp breath to resteady himself.

As for the Plasma arc, it unfortunately fails to hit the Sgt and the Priest.
OOC:
I have decided that, with your Taunt, it could actually cause more interesting things to happen. Roll to see if you actually persuade the Warrior of your statement.
Hint: With 6, it's a small advantage. With 12, it's a good advantage.
Mar 20, 2021 10:50 am
OOC:
Rolls...

Rolls

Career advice attack. - (1d20)

(2) = 2

Mar 22, 2021 7:57 am
OOC:
It's a good thing it's not a 1 atleast, otherwise something worse may happen.
The Back-blasted Warrior looked to be hesitant for a moment, but then he glares at Ash as he realises that it is more likely that he is being made a fool. In anger, he moves from Georgie to assault Ash instead(speed def).

The Sgt also attempts to blast at Ash again(speed def), and the Priest, instead of doing the same attack, he begins to perform a circling gesture, which causes light to be pulled into the sceptre(this is a special ritual ability, no def roll yet.)
The remaining Warrior also attacks Ash again(speed def).

Georgie stopped his cockiness as the situation grew dire. He plucks another white pearl from his belt into his clutched fist as he trusts his spear at the injured Warrior. Which happens to miss...
OOC:
Your turn.

Rolls

(5) = 5

Mar 22, 2021 1:39 pm
Ash moves to diminish the carnage of the onslaught on him attempting to focus more on the Sergeant. In the chaos of the beatdown that pummels Ash he manages to get in 2 attacks.
OOC:
I'm realizing Ash is kinda scrappy oh the 20 and 19 on Sgt can I get that in raw damage please. Normal plasma hits do 4. FYI Effort was to hit btw if it wasn't clear.
Last edited March 22, 2021 1:43 pm

Rolls

Back Blasted Warrior Speed Def - (1d20)

(10) = 10

Sgt down one from WW and using 1 Effort Speed Def 2down - (1d20)

(9) = 9

2nd Warrior Speed Def - (1d20)

(5) = 5

1st Plasma Arc W/ Effort on Priest - (1d20)

(11) = 11

1st Plasma Arc W/ Effort + WW on Sgt - (1d20)

(20) = 20

2nd Plasma Arc W/ Effort on Priest - (1d20)

(6) = 6

2nd Plasma Arc W/ Effort + WW on Sgt - (1d20)

(19) = 19

Mar 29, 2021 1:02 pm
The attacks might have been too overwhelming for Ash to face. Even with the effort against the Sgt, the burning wrathful blows come upon him...
OOC:
5+7+5= 17 might damage. I think your might pool is 0. Then Major/minor effects don't apply. I'll be nice to say that you can choose to retrack the effort on the rolls, unless you are fine with the +1 point per effort level now.
Mar 29, 2021 2:45 pm
OOC:
I'll go with the rolls. Looks like 4-6-4 then so sap my luck pool of 1 left, 12 from might and carry over to speed pool. Time to bail with the bloodied test proctor XD.
Mar 31, 2021 2:31 am
OOC:
I'll count as you going through the effort on the attacks.
The first arc misses the priest, but hits the Sgt for 5 damage. The second misses the priest again, and hit the sgt the same amount. While the Sgt is getting hurt, he still is looking pretty fine. Just as they are about to go another round to attack, the test proctor makes his move first of tossing in his pearl. As it grows large, he grabs Ash in hand as they both leap through.

On the other side, Ash finds that they arrive at the outside of the Exterminator headquarters. With a catching of his breath, Georgie says. "Alright, young feller. I see that you got potential, even though we didn't kill any one of them. That is one of the lessons I also want to teach, and that is knowing when the bastard you are fighting is too tough to handle. There is nothing wrong with running away to gain more reinforcements, or gain better equipment when fighting against threats that are literally power-hungry for Strange Cyphers. These Stranger types are one of the hardest classes of enemies we may face. So with that, I'll say you passed the test by slaying a big one." He says with a wink as he steps through into the building.

Minutes after a chat with the lady clerk and some admin work, Ash is handed his license for Assassinating Strangers. The clerk also tells him: "By the way darling, your friends have left. I think they would be going to the warehouses by the docks in the west. Another Leakage just opened up there."

Georgie suggests: "I can lead you there if you want. I know a path that won't make us run across gang territory."
OOC:
I'll give you 1xp as compensation for the combat encounter. Also, 1xp for exploring the strange, unless I already gave it. 1 hour is counted to be passed for armour penalty.
Mar 31, 2021 2:41 pm
Ash request the lady to put the license in his pouch since he can't move his arms yet he explains. "Give me ten minutes please I didn't know the test was going to be apex predator level targets... I guess we'll need poison of some sort that's effective against their kind and possible a net that burns or traps their wings." He admits his arms doing nothing much besides twitching on nerve impulse it seems as he closes his eyes and tries to gain control of his body.

Rolls

Give me 10 before we sprint off for the next fight - (1d6+4)

(3) + 4 = 7

Apr 1, 2021 4:08 pm
The clerk chuckles as she shakes her head. "Oh dearie, you took the hardest training we are willing to offer! Thought the pricing is a good hint. While death is a part of life here, we do try to avoid unneeded student casualties. You two definitely look like you had a beating. Do take a break. And if you do want to buy equipment, we may have what you need in our weapons storeroom. Though, not everything."
OOC:
If I feel is reasonable, the Headquarters can sell you things. There are basic poisons, like toxic chemicals(2 HC), or Scleridkiller(5 HC). As for nets, there is a basic net-throwing gun(80 HC, 1 HC per net), though wing-burning may be too specific.
Apr 1, 2021 4:20 pm
"If there's some time before the next sorte I should probably earn some coin and train to prep for it. Thank you for the options for logistics." Ash states moving his arms again seemingly tremor free looking to the instructor.
Apr 2, 2021 4:25 am
I'm not sure what you mean by sorte, but I'll assume you are meaning you are ready to move on.

The instructor slaps Ash's back once they both felt slightly better before leading the way through the city. An assortment of different styled buildings can be seen. Some are made of stone, while others are metal. Some are badly graffitied, while others are kept clean and well decorated. Soon, the height of buildings decreases the further west is travelled, and sight and smell of the polluted sea can be sensed.

By the time the warehouses are seen, a crowd is found gathered at a gate entrance. Also, Ash spots 2 familiar people, including his "twin".
OOC:
You can now join back in with the main game thread.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.