Campsite in the Strange

Feb 16, 2021 10:12 am
OOC:
Ash, you continue from here.
The sensation is like electrical numbness. As the whiteness fades, and colours return, you are able to see your new location.

Violet earth and blue and yellow alien foliage grows abundantly around the site where tan coloured tents are set up around an unlit campfire. Beyond this, the sky is of a shimmering magenta colour, with swirling streaks of other shades.

The man you came here with does some stretches before facing you. "Alright, sonny! Do you know where we are? Nah, you probably don't. We are in my little holiday home somewhere right in the Strange! Do get yourself comfortable, because it may not be so for long. Before we proceed, do you have any questions for me?"
Feb 16, 2021 2:44 pm
Ash looks around and stands upright from his crouching stance as soon as he lands. "Details on the assassination target and conditions." he states looking straight at the older man with a deadpan expression on his face.

Ash blinks and looks to the side a black shadow sphere slithers out of his shadow and suspends before expanding and being almost fully transparent.
OOC:
Upgrading to T4 and taking Warp World: Black Abyss addition
Last edited February 16, 2021 2:55 pm
Feb 18, 2021 2:29 pm
The old man whistles as he watches you gain a new ability. "Flexing your shadowy powers, eh? I doubt that is illusion tech, and since its actual magic, you must have entered The Dark City quite recently. In the Strange, all entities carry over a bubble of reality with them, otherwise they might explode, or worse. And if you can use magic in the City's laws, you probably have about a week before you grow weak. Don't worry, as long as you carry humanity in your heart, I won't consider you as an enemy. Not that you can hurt me in my home...

Eh hum! Anyways, for our hunting prey, it really depends. We are after all going after intelligent creatures, not mindless beasts. But don't worry, if it turns out we are dealing with something too dangerous, or have not seen before, then we will be out in a jiffy. You don't mind battlescars, do you?"
He then enters into a tent, rumaging around his assortment of items. He takes out a leather-bound book and an ornate clay jar, which he tucks into his satchel. He gestures to you to follow him as he flips through his book.

"This time, I feel like kicking the ass of a Chaosphere Hierarch. Particularly one who is part of the Holy Circle of War. Those bloodthirsty bastards can't help but be attracted to this little toy right in here. Hopefully it isn't a squad this time. Let's get further away from Home first, it would be bad if it was wrecked..."

As you clear a couple of vegetation, you realise that this forest is sitting on a floating island. Stretching beyond the ground's edge, clustered chain of scattered islands can be found, like an asteroid belt with the asteroids sliced in half and the flat sides all at facing the same way up. You hoped and leaped across them.
Feb 18, 2021 2:56 pm
"Constant evolution for survival and assassination is needed for my primary job... No your abilities and aptitude measure your limit so you know what's possible. Never heard of a Dark City... I think they injected... well that doesn't matter plus the tech is gone I survived in the end." Ash explains shaking his head before going quiet and just listening.

"Is the target a native to this recursion? Also does he have a weakpoint besides normal vitals. If there is a squad do we understand their structure? Would they move to attack us first or defend the target? What's the contingency to draw them away from the target if possible to continue the assassination before extraction?" Ash inquires in all serious as he follows checking the path as they go incase they get separated.
Feb 21, 2021 3:24 am
"This Recursion? Oh no, this isn't exactly a Recursion, more like lost broken pieces of one that hasn't been consumed by giant Strange creatures. I'm a romantic sort of man, so I appreciate the lost and forgotten ruins of realities, you know.

The Recursion of our target? Well, it had different names, as all things do. I prefer to call it The Heaven of Savage Angels. Is it beautiful? Sure, but the politics and self-serving nature of the locals can drive even me insane. Or perhaps I'm just not a people type. This species of Chaosphere Hierach is an Angel of War. They used to be fully loyal their higher ups, until their God was assassinated in a coup, and the following civil war made everyone to be remorseless backstabbers. If you want to know their weak points and strengths, that is the challenge I'll give to you. Strangers who have involved themselves with the Strange long enough will in turn be evolved by it. It would be nearly impossible to determine what powers they have gotten their hands on. However, common signs like being in groups, or possessing bizarrely altered anatomy are good signs of a troublesome encounter. Unless a professional assassin arrives, I could tell at once if its too much to test you with.

But if you still want to know what their structure is, normally a squad would consist of sargeant and two to four foot soldiers. They would also all have wings, and the leader would commonly fly higher than their squad mates. And for the War Angels, they normally have a dedicated spell caster if their squad is large. However, if it comes down to that, I'll zap us away before a word could be uttered by them. Mages are no joke."

By now, he have opened up the jar. Inside, flashing colours projects out in rhythmic fashion, causing sparks to fly out in the shape of spirals. Georgie holds the jar above his head and begin to Chant. "Oh, great hosts of Holy Heavens! I bring to you a gift of Fractalist Transportment! Oh may ye send one messenger to claim it!" He continues to hold it up as he continues along the floating island chain.
Feb 21, 2021 5:13 am
OOC:
I'll reward 1 xp for discovery of the floating jungle islands. Also, I'll do a sort of GM intervention. It will cost 1 xp to avoid it, but 2xp is rewarded if followed through. The intervention is that I roll a 1d6 to determine encounter. If not, it will be one enemy. What do you say?
RoAries sent a note to RoAries
Feb 22, 2021 1:34 pm
OOC:
Who's the farthest behind in XP since I don't think every is in T4 like Ash. I'll take the intrusion
"So covert surveillance, assess target's entourage, depending on group size possible threat in the form of a mage. All combatants high mobility. Bisecting a wing from primary target or forcing them to the ground immobile once spotted ensures completion of mission." Ash works out aloud while he follows. "So launching something to tangle or trap the group is a feasible solution I can use then during the chaos to get into their ranks by way of disguise or stay hidden and knock away the target or the mage before attempting assassination either though another large object crushing them or lethal organ targeting." Ash inquires, "Most things are allowable it seems as long as the target is dead and we're not caught, preferably not seen or noticed."
Mar 1, 2021 12:54 pm
OOC:
Ah yes, its Intrusion, not intervention.
Also, have another 1xp for my delay again.
"That should be about right. Get them down onto our level. It just so happens that I also pack with me a Wrapping Rope. It is not as easy to use compared to a net, but it will do. Here, you can take it. Just toss one end of it at your target like a grappling hook." Georgie hands the snake-looking rope to Ash.
OOC:
This is not a Cypher, but a mundane yet odd tool. It causes anything that flies to stop and fall, unless it innately defies gravity. It also gives Inability effect to the target. It is, like all things, possible to escape from with effort.
"And yes, your objective is to, at most, assassinate the leader or an individual if there isn't one. Normally, Strangers would flee if their Head is killed, but some don't.

Rolls

The summoned encounter... - (1d6)

(5) = 5

Mar 1, 2021 1:38 pm
Just then, a wide gash cuts across ahead of both you. A chasm of bright white emerges from the dark cosmic background. And in turn, a total of 4 figures emerge forth from it as well.

"WHO ART THOU THAT DOST THINE BEARETH O YE TREASURE O STRANGE?! I COMETH WITH MINE COMPANY, FOR WE ONLY WILL TAKETH THINE!" The winged figure in elaborate gold and red armour speaks in a booming voice. All the figures are androgynous, and bears golden hair and pink tinted skin. Their eyes are white, except for the leader, who glows red. The leader wields a shield and a sword with glowing runes, with two followers wielding a single sword each and red armour, and the last carrying a rod wearing red robes.

With a dramatic gesture, the sargeant directs one of his swordsmen to descend towards to island ground. The swordsman raises its blade at the clay jar. "SURRENDER!"

Georgie gives you a hesitant glance...
Mar 1, 2021 1:54 pm
Mar 1, 2021 3:08 pm
"Target one sergeant secondary threat one healer two soldiers as threat." Ash states without blinking, "Shadow Clock"
OOC:
Activating Rapid Processing on self for 1 minute. Unsure if you want a roll.
Mar 4, 2021 7:53 am
OOC:
I believe activating it require no roll.
Ash finds himself giving off a hazy dark aura, his form vibrating a little. In his perspective, it looks as if time have slowed, the flapping wings of his threats beating in a leisurely rhythm.

The one infront of you two frowns in confusion. "WHAT ART THOU... DOING?!" It asks, this time pointing the sword at you. Everyone have grown uneasy, and George proceeds to slip his hand into the jar. As he pulls out, the sparkly fractal effect is now wrapped around on his finger as a ring.
OOC:
I'll let you make the first move.
Mar 4, 2021 12:52 pm
"Let you surrender." Ash states blankly his hands raising as he extends out his powers to strive for his objectives.
OOC:
Using Warp World with a level of effort on Sergeant and Plasma Arc on Sgt and Robed Priest with effort.

Rolls

Warp World 5+3-4 - (1d20)

(16) = 16

Plasma Arc Endpoint 1 with Effort 2+3-4 (Sgt) should be one step down if WW hit - (1d20)

(15) = 15

Plasma Arc Endpoint 2 with Effort 2+3-4 (Priest) - (1d20)

(14) = 14

Mar 6, 2021 9:11 am
The Sergeant is hit by the shadowy warping power. Despite its reflex, the shield was not good enough to block out the mind-altering attack. Then, the Plasma Arc successfully strikes both targets.

"GRR... I DECLARE THINE JUDGEMENT... DEATH!" The leader thunders out. It raises its sword, which is now engulfed in white flames. The two Warriors also activate their weapon, with their sword's fire being regular red. The Priest begins to chant fiercely, before pointing his bulky wand at Ash. A blue spinning fractal pattern beam shoots forth, connecting to Lightbane's forehead. (Do an Intellect Defense, success on 15.)
OOC:
Warrior 1 is immediate distance on foot. Warrior 2, Priest, and Sergeant is Short distance, and flying.
Mar 6, 2021 9:38 am
Georgie points his ring towards the flying soldier, and begins to whisper to the ring. "Please work, please work. Send them away..." And then, that is when a band of fractal light wraps around the target, who flinches in surprise.
OOC:
Now is your turn.

Rolls

Ally attack - (1d20)

(12) = 12

Mar 8, 2021 12:58 pm
Ash notices the priest doing something and tries to evade. As he scambles away blackened plasma arcs launch at the two again.
OOC:
Should find out if I have the juice to do this first. I think I passed if it's under a Level 5 Task if not I'll rethink my action which is doubled plasma arc on Sgt/Priest.
Plasma Arc 1 first target Sgt which is a step down for effort spend and another from Warp World
Plasma Arc 1 second target Priest which is a step down for effort
Plasma Arc 2 first target Sgt which is a step down for effort spend and another from Warp World
Plasma Arc 2 second target Priest which is a step down for effort

4 damage again on any hits.
Last edited March 8, 2021 1:04 pm

Rolls

Int Defense - (1d20)

(17) = 17

Plasma Arc 1 first target Sgt w/Effort on Hit Plus WW - (1d20)

(15) = 15

Plasma Arc 1 second target Priestw/Effort on Hit - (1d20)

(10) = 10

Plasma Arc 2 first target Sgt w/Effort on Hit Plus WW - (1d20)

(12) = 12

Plasma Arc 2 second target Priest w/Effort on Hit - (1d20)

(13) = 13

Mar 10, 2021 7:28 am
Ash mentally resists against the priest's attack, which flickers out. He then produces two quick arcs of burning shadow energies at his targets again. The Sgt, who has his perception distorted, finds he and his assisting spell caster to be struck again. Their armour is scarred, but they seem to still be handling well.
OOC:
You may not notice, but I'm editing the hp and armour to a more reasonable level. I mean no longer the demi-god invincibility it was, but more like elite warriors.

BTW, does your revisions deal damage that ignore armour, or are they still reduced by armour?
The Sgt thrusts his glowing sword at Ash, and it shoots out a stream of its energies. (Speed def). Warrior 1 also attacks Ash with fiery slashes(speed def). Warrior 2 descends onto the island, his focus on Georgie. The Priest changes target to Georgie and does the same attack.
Mar 10, 2021 7:30 am
Georgie tried to avoid the attack, but he was too focused on using his cypher artifact. He gave a yell as his head smokes and starts bleeding from the nose. As he clutches his head, he turns to Ash. "Argh! This isn't a favourable fight! Unless you''re still confident, I could send us to somewhere else to recover!"

With that, he grips his spear in both hands before stabbing at a winged soldier. The target brings up his sword, parrying the spear.
OOC:
Your turn!
[ +- ] Homebrew?

Rolls

Georgie def roll - (1d20)

(5) = 5

Concentration roll - (1d20)

(8) = 8

Georgie attack roll - (1d20)

(13) = 13

Mar 10, 2021 12:05 pm
OOC:
I'm always of the impression armor counts unless an item or ability says armor doesn't apply.
"Do I still pass if we escape?" Ash asks bluntly.
OOC:
So Sgt's attack would be down 3 levels 1 from WW and 2 from Effort on the roll... I'm really trying to have him miss since he''ll hit a subordinate if he does due to WW. Xd

I don't usually post scene theme song but for this moment... This is how I feel.
Last edited March 10, 2021 12:06 pm

Rolls

Speed Def for Sgt is a step down from WW using 2 Levels of effort also - (1d20)

(19) = 19

Speed Def for Warror - (1d20)

(20) = 20

Mar 15, 2021 3:43 pm
OOC:
Sorry for leaving you again for a few days. Btw, I am not too sure if or how def rolls benefit from nat rolls of 19 or 20, but I'll figure it out.
Ash dodges the stream of white fire rather well. In fact, he feels fairly confident he could do that again.
OOC:
I'll say the minor effect is that your next dodge from the same attack will get -1 step to diff. Oh, my bad.

Attack instead flies upon the warrior facing Georgie, who yells in surprised pain.

The flaming slash is also avoided successfully, to the point that the Warrior, despite its years of experience, finds itself tripping over prone.
OOC:
Attacking it melee gets reduce diff of 2 steps.
Georgie answers. "If we escape, then the test is put on hold. However, I could try to find a new test soon. So, I'll leave it to also be your call!"
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.