Salutations!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Feb 17, 2021 7:13 pm
Hi there

I'm a RPG lover that never play anything due to life (don't have the friend group nor the long slots of time)
I saw this forum on a reddit post and decided to check it out. Asynchronous PbF sounds like the perfect solution, because I already play many boardgames this way (mainly on BoardGameArena)

RPG-wise, I loved to read many indie systems like several PbtA, Spire & Heart from Rowan, Rook & Decard, Forged in the Dark, Mouse Guard and Torchbearer.
I dislike what I've read of D&D, PF and games that follow a similar formula. I'm currently reading OSR systems and it seems quite interesting.

I love boardgames (Spirit Island, Aeon's End, Keyflower, Pax Pamir, Battlestar Galactica, Chaos in the Old World, Space Alert, Arkham Horror and many others) and videogames (STALKER, Hollow Knight, Disco Elysium, Outer Wilds, Prey, Slay the Spire, Factorio, Kenshi and so on)

Looking forward to playing with you!
Last edited February 17, 2021 7:43 pm
Feb 17, 2021 7:22 pm
Welcome, Loddfafnir!

I already spotted you on the Discord, so you probably already know of these links but here they are anyway :)
Looks like you are interested in a wide variety of systems (and I'm sure you'll learn about many more on this site as well if you stay with us!)
If you have any questions, feel free to ask around, here or on the Discord

If you want to see how GP functions, check out the New GP Member Guide and maybe look through some public games as well.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

Happy gaming!
Feb 17, 2021 7:47 pm
Welcome, Loddfafnir!

Great list of games you're interested in, and a few I've even played here. Hope you find some wonderful games!
Feb 17, 2021 8:49 pm
Welcome!
Feb 17, 2021 8:52 pm
Welcome! Good to have you!

Len

Feb 17, 2021 10:17 pm
Welcome aboard Loddfafnir!
Feb 17, 2021 11:10 pm
Welcome aboard
Feb 17, 2021 11:25 pm
Loddfafnir says:
RPG-wise, I loved to read many indie systems like several PbtA, Spire & Heart from Rowan, Rook & Decard, Forged in the Dark, Mouse Guard and Torchbearer.
Hello and welcome. I see we have pretty similar tastes in tabletop, video and roleplaying games (also evidenced by both being players in Kalajel's 5TD game) but the quoted part struck me the most. I recently posted a thread about games I read and want to run/play so I'd gauge interest before any official announcement. Spire, Heart and PbtA games (Blades in the Dark especially) are on that list so I figured you might wanna check it out.
Feb 17, 2021 11:48 pm
Hello and welcome!
Feb 19, 2021 9:42 am
Welcome!
Feb 19, 2021 9:45 am
Hi Loddfafnir,

I play only D&D 5e, so we'll probably never meet in a game - but there are lots of people here who prefer the other RPGs, so I'm sure you'll find a game.
Feb 19, 2021 3:28 pm
Hello and welcome!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.