Hello!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Mar 2, 2021 3:04 am
I played RPG's many years ago before college. I got away from the hobby for a long time and didn't have a chance to get back into it until a few years ago. I dabbled with the systems of old and decided to explore new systems to see how the genre changed. I was pleasantly surprised by what I found! So many new mechanics and systems, where to start! The new rules light systems really caught my attention and is what I'm focusing on now. Unfortunately, I found it difficult to find others who would be interested in playing. Thanks to the pandemic (never thought I'd say that), I decided to jump online and try PbP. I discovered that it is an awesome way to play games with others. So, in my search for games, I found Gamersplane.

Some of the systems that I've read and a couple that I've played:
* TinyD6 - I've played Tiny Frontiers, Tiny Dungeons, Tiny Wastelands
* Lasers & Feelings - Tried it briefly, would like to try a real game
* Tunnel Goons - Tried it. I think this has a lot of promise. Need to play a real game though.
* Maze Rats
* World of Dungeons

I'm looking forward to finding some rules light games to join and perhaps run a few!
Mar 2, 2021 3:09 am
Welcome Squid. Lots of people love rules light games, and GP is a great place to try new things. I've played Tiny D6, Maze Rats, and a Lasers & Feelings hack here all in the past two years, plus a number of others.

Hope you find some great games!
Mar 2, 2021 3:10 am
Qralloq says:
Welcome Squid. Lots of people love rules light games, and GP is a great place to try new things. I've played Tiny D6, Maze Rats, and a Lasers & Feelings hack here all in the past two years, plus a number of others.

Hope you find some great games!
Awesome! Looking forward to it.
Mar 2, 2021 3:18 am
Welcome aboard
Mar 2, 2021 3:32 am
Welcome!
Mar 2, 2021 3:54 am
Howdy!
Mar 2, 2021 6:32 am
Welcome, squid!

I've played a bunch of rules light games both here and irl. On GP, I've been in a TinyD6 game and have run an L&F game before. I'm sure you'll be able to find something to your taste!

If you want to see how GP functions, check out the New GP Member Guide and maybe look through some public games as well.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You might also want to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

Happy gaming!

Len

Mar 2, 2021 7:40 am
Welcome aboard!
Mar 3, 2021 9:39 pm
Thanks everyone and for the links @bowlofspinach

You do not have permission to post in this thread.