A Time for Harvest Gameplay - Chapter One

load previous
Aug 22, 2016 11:36 pm
"That was me" says Harry, someone shoved me into him but don't know, it was all very confusing.
Aug 23, 2016 5:43 am
Panting heavily, Joseph turns to Angel "I...I..don't know. Clarissa screamed and I turned to see what was going in. For a moment I saw a pink thing in the water. Next thing I knew, something grabbed my leg and dragged me in"

He turns to look at Mathis

"Thank you. I don't even want to think about what would have happened if you hadn't jumped in"
Aug 23, 2016 1:42 pm
No problem. You didn't want to be in the water with that thing anymore anyway. I wasn't taking a chance of losing people out here.

Mathis unties, puts his gear away, and gets behind the driver seat of one of the vehicles, and says I'm getting away from this river and out of these wet clothes. Then we all have to sit down and have a very serious discussion. Something is going on around here and it damn sure ain't normal.
Aug 23, 2016 2:12 pm
Angel is shocked and looks around at the others. His mouth is open and he tries unsuccessfully to give order to his panicked and jumbled thoughts.

After a few seconds he says, "There was something in the water? What was it? Did you get pulled in or pushed in? " An exasperated sigh issues suddenly from him and his hand reaches up and runs through his hair.

Turning to Mathis he says, "You are right. We need to talk about what's going on. But lets do it back on the road to school. "
Aug 23, 2016 2:24 pm
Jon looks at the Sheriff. "Would you mind taking me to the doctor after all of this is said and done?"
Aug 23, 2016 2:27 pm
Kaosanddoom sent a note to Knifesedgegames
It's to late for that angel. We have all got glimpses of something we shouldn't have. Strange monsters, vampires, intelligent knife wielding rats, and then this thing. And don't forget the dreams angel, the dreams. Whatever is behind all this is speaking to us. We have been chosen angel, by something more powerful than ourselves, to be able to see these, and to possibly stop what is coming. Mass death has been occurring here and it will only get worse if we don't do something.
Aug 23, 2016 4:15 pm
"No problem son, get in the squad car and we'll get going. I suggest the rest of you get back to shelter."
Aug 23, 2016 4:24 pm
Jon moves to the Sheriff's car, cradling his injured arm to try to keep from jarring it too much. "I'll see you guys back at the farmhouse."
Aug 23, 2016 6:44 pm
Somebody see if that truck will start so we can get out of here.
Aug 23, 2016 7:14 pm
Joe is already in the truck. He turns over the engine a couple of times, but it starts. He smiles for the first time, like a man reunited with his lost love, "Everybody in, let's get out of here!"
Aug 23, 2016 7:15 pm
Mathis fires up the car he is in and prepares to gtfo.
Aug 23, 2016 7:19 pm
Once everyone is in and loaded up, the convoy return to the farmhouse. The sheriff and Jon continue on to town to the Doctor. Getting back to shelter at last, everyone gets cleaned up and changed. An hour or so later, Jon is dropped back at the farmhouse, his arm popped back correctly and put in a sling, with some very strong pain pills.

Rolls

Healed HP (Jon) - (1d3)

(3) = 3

Aug 23, 2016 7:22 pm
Ok group, we have a very serious conversation to have. I don't know who all has seen what, but there is definitely some crazy evil shit going on out here. I know some of you won't believe, and some of you that do will probably want to run away. But somebody has got to stop this. It won't be long till this could spread, and these things could be in your home towns, messing with your families. I can't have that. I am going to figure out wtf is going on, and how to stop it.
Aug 23, 2016 7:26 pm
I need the bathroom Blain heads out to the outhouse, the rain appears to have eased off somewhat.
Aug 23, 2016 7:27 pm
"But what can we do, Mathish?" Jon asks, his words slurred just a little bit from the strong painkillers he's taking for his shoulder. "The lasht time I shaw one of these freaksh, I lost half the morning. Hell, I didn't even remember walking into the foresht until almost lunch."
Aug 23, 2016 7:30 pm
It has to start with research. we must know what we are up against. We need to talk to the sheriff about his sister, and see the doc again, he is a believer. And this can't be the only time in the history of man this has happened. These things just feel old to me, like they have some ancient link or something. I can't explain that part, and its just a hunch anyway. But we do need to find out what the hell these things are.
Aug 23, 2016 7:33 pm
"Look, I know Blaine’s supposed to be the chief, but he left us out in a proverbial monsoon. Before he left, he said to wait for him, as he’d be right back Now we find out he was all dry in here with you guys! Was that idiot just going leave us out there? I mean, did he even mention that we were waiting back at the truck? Some of us were thinking about having to stay the night there! Well, I got him figured as a jinx. Did you guys hear about his last foray out here? One person dead and two still missing…one of them his girlfriend! Apparently, he was laid up with a broken arm and couldn’t go with them that day Pretty lucky on his part, eh? Anyway, I’m not saying we go home, this is a great opportunity to get in the professors’ good books I guess what I’m saying is be careful around that guy. In fact, be careful when he’s not around too I got a bad feeling about him"
Aug 23, 2016 7:37 pm
Your think Blaine is in on this? I never even thought of that.
A look of anger, no rage, spreads across mathis's face. But within seconds it melts away into a cold and calculating smile.
I think its time Blaine did a little talking about the last group he came out here with, don't you guys?

Mathis picks up his machete, and starts out the door toward the outhouse. He is using every bit of stealth he can muster once outside, to see if he can tell what tall, dark, and fucked is doing out here when he thinks he is by himself.

Rolls

stealth - (1d100)

(70) = 70

Aug 23, 2016 7:49 pm
Jon looks blearily at Harold. "No...you don't think Blaine would do something like that to Jeff and Daphne, do you?"
Aug 23, 2016 8:04 pm
Knifesedgegames sent a note to Kaosanddoom
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.