A Time for Harvest Gameplay - Chapter One

load previous
Aug 26, 2016 1:02 am
Angel is shaking so bad that he starts coughing as his breath gets stuck in his throat. After a few moments and shaky breaths, he stumbles to his feet, accidentally kicking his cot away from him. "Damn dreams!" he curses to himself, determined to drive away the terror that tries to cling to his soul.
Aug 26, 2016 3:01 am
Jon wakes up, takes a pain pill, and sits in silence on his for for a moment collecting his thoughts.

irvanovich sent a note to Knifesedgegames
Aug 26, 2016 2:51 pm
OOC:
Sanity

Rolls

Sanity check - (1d100)

(9) = 9

Library check for 1 hours study - (1d100)

(10) = 10

Library check for 2nd hours study - (1d100)

(81) = 81

Aug 26, 2016 8:34 pm
Knifesedgegames sent a note to Scotash
Aug 26, 2016 8:36 pm
Knifesedgegames sent a note to irvanovich
Aug 26, 2016 9:17 pm
Joseph wakes with a start and almost falls of the chair he fell asleep in. Indstictavly he grasps at his ankle to make sure nothing is holding him

That laughter, I can't get it out of my head

He looks down at the peg in front of him

"Zoogs. So that's what the little bastards are called."
OOC:
Once the others are up Joseph will show them the journal entry from his uncles
Journal
Aug 26, 2016 10:18 pm
From Joseph's Uncle's journal, for everyone's reference:

"Zoogs, pesky and cunning. Small brown creatures with a rodent like body and general outline. Small tentacles dangling from snouts. Eat fungi and fresh meat. Feign docility but work in packs to take down prey. Seen brandishing basic weapons. Beside this is a small illustration"

http://i.imgur.com/NeLXnpx.jpg
Aug 26, 2016 10:28 pm
Angel examines the drawing and entry with disgust. "Horrid little creatures, aren't they?" he asks. He scratches at the stubble on his chin and thinks about shaving it, then shakes his head. With Mathis's plan, I might die today. Why should I worry about shaving? he thinks to himself.

He heads out to splash some water on his face and use the outhouse.
Aug 26, 2016 10:36 pm
"Wait, your uncle knew about these creatures? That changes things drastically. We should work together and find out everything that's in that journal before we go anywhere.
Mathis takes out his notebook and jots this down next to his notes on the zoog.
Last edited February 2, 2017 6:48 pm
Aug 26, 2016 10:53 pm
Knifesedgegames sent a note to Scotash
Aug 26, 2016 10:54 pm
The notebook is thick and filled with many tiny notes, scrawled at all angles. The note on Zoog itself is a tiny scribble in one corner of a yellowed page.
Aug 26, 2016 10:57 pm
This journal is a wreck. Camping during the day doesn't do us much good. I say we dedicate today to learning everything we can before we go tonight.
Aug 26, 2016 11:38 pm
Knifesedgegames sent a note to Shark_Bone
Aug 26, 2016 11:44 pm
"I think today might be good time to return to campsite at the foot of Broken Hill. We should start excavating there. It's the last place they were seen and there might be a clue to what they were looking for. Those that want to carry on research can return to town. Is there anyone we haven't interviewed yet?"
Aug 26, 2016 11:45 pm
"I had more than a few warnings to stay away from Agnus Bellweather. Apparently she's some old witch. If you want occult information she might be a good start, if none of you encountered her already?"
Aug 26, 2016 11:46 pm
"And that reporter we ran into, on our first day here. Didn't he say he had something to tell us? Has anyone interviewed him yet?"
Aug 27, 2016 6:46 am
"Unfortunately, I found no other reference to any other creatures in the journal" Joseph says to Mathis as he stands up

"I'ce said it before but it might be worth speaking to the librarians and Amanda, her niece. There was something off about them. I'm happy to speak to them or help at the campsite"

He stretches and reaches for some coffee

"Do you ever get used to the dreams?" he says not expecting an answer
Aug 27, 2016 4:42 pm
I haven't yet, though that on hasn't bothered me as much as the others have...and that scares me more than anything. Jon says as he adjusts his sling and starts trying to reload his pistol one handed.

Blaine, I don't know how much good I can do at the camp site digging and what not with my arm, but I can help identify anything we find. I'm pretty handy in the library, too, so it's your call.
Aug 27, 2016 4:45 pm
"If you think the journal is a dead end forget it. I wanna go see the witch and then set up camp at the mountian. Would anyone like to come with me?"
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.