A Time for Harvest Gameplay - Chapter One

load previous
Aug 27, 2016 6:13 pm
"It has some interesting things in it but nothing that related to what we have encountered so far. Let me get my gear together and I'll come to the camp with you. I go hunting and camping with my dad and brother every summer, so should be able to help"
Aug 27, 2016 6:15 pm
After thinking a bit, Jon looks at Mathis. "I'll go with you to talk to this "witch". I've heard more than a few legends about such things, and I'll probably be most useful there." He gestures to his injured arm.
Aug 27, 2016 8:03 pm
Suddenly, Angel bursts in through the back door, his breathing ragged. He stumbles in, pointing back outside with one hand as he gasps out a message.

"Someone call the sheriff! Bones. Human bones in the flower garden!" He stops, leaning over and resting his hands on his knees as he coughs, desperately trying to catch his breath.

Rolls

Sanity v. 89 - (1d100)

(28) = 28

Aug 27, 2016 9:42 pm
Harold acts fast and grabs the telephone, calling the Sheriff, reporting what Angel just exclaimed.
Aug 29, 2016 7:14 pm
OOC:
Is anyone doing anything before the Sheriff arrives?
Aug 29, 2016 7:20 pm
Mathis would like to go investigate the area before the sheriff arrives. He will take careful notes of what he sees.
Aug 29, 2016 7:23 pm
Jon actually goes out to the flower garden and examines the bones, trying to get a guess as to how old they are through his archaeology.

Rolls

Archaeology vs 65% - (1d100)

(55) = 55

Aug 29, 2016 7:41 pm
As Angel indicated, the flowerbed at the back of the house now reveals human jutting out, including rib cage and skull. Jon inspects and concludes that they were not buried in any kind of container so direct contact with the soil might skew an estimate, but anywhere between 10 and 30 years.
OOC:
Sanity checks for anyone investigating.
Aug 29, 2016 7:46 pm
Well i'll be damned.

Rolls

sanity - (1d100)

(14) = 14

Aug 29, 2016 7:46 pm
OOC:
Only going a little crazy

EDIT...or maybe a lot.
Last edited August 29, 2016 7:47 pm

Rolls

sanity - (1d100)

(57) = 57

Aug 29, 2016 7:54 pm
Jon Sanity loss

Rolls

Sanity loss - Jon - (1d3)

(3) = 3

Aug 29, 2016 8:25 pm
Angel wanders back with Mathis and Jon, watching nervously from fifteen feet or so away. "Are they real, Jonathan?" he asks.
OOC:
Assuming my initial SAN roll will negate my need to roll now.
Aug 29, 2016 8:30 pm
"They look real to me...hard to tell how long they've been here, though. Soil does some things to bone when it isn't buried in a container. I'd say they've been here anywhere from 10 to 30 years," Jon looks up with a look of mild annoyance. "And come on, Angel. It's Jon. My mother is the only one that calls me Jonathan."
Aug 29, 2016 8:35 pm
Angel gives a weak smile. "Sorry. I get... proper, when I'm flustered."
Aug 29, 2016 8:35 pm
"Dollars to doughnuts that this is Sarah. May be time to ask the sheriff a few questions as well."
Mathis takes a closer look to see if there is any information to be gleaned. Possibly some marks on the bones show a cause of death, or an arrangment to the bones that could tell us something, hell anything of use.

Rolls

roll - (1d100)

(66) = 66

Aug 29, 2016 8:45 pm
OOC:
Sorry Mathis, gains nothing of use
Aug 29, 2016 8:48 pm
"Well boys here is what i can tell you, somebody died. I can't say by whether is was natural causes or foul play. And then if you'll look right here you will see that bones atleast, couldn't right say well they were still a body when they got here, have wound up in the garden. Now i only see one of two ways that they got here, either someone died of natural causes right here in this sport, or somebody put them bones their. I think either one is just as likely."
Aug 29, 2016 8:51 pm
Within 15 minutes or so, the Sheriff turns up. Meanwhile some of the other students have come out. Those with Geology knowledge explain that the influx of rain must have raised the water table, pushing the bones through the soil.

The sheriff brings a sack and gloves, carefully and silently retrieving the bones from the soil and digging to reveal the entire skeleton.
Aug 30, 2016 6:22 pm
"Sheriff i don't know if you noticed, but this garden is pretty well maintained. I think somebody knew this person was buried here and was using it as a marker. Any idea who it might have been?"
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.