A Time for Harvest Gameplay - Chapter One

load previous
Sep 2, 2016 8:59 pm
"When Franklin Cobb and the original settlers were moving toward this valley, they was halted by a group of Indians.
It seems the Indians tried to warn the settlers this was cursed land. They told Franklin that, long ago, a tribe settled in this valley and evil spirits wiped them out in a single night. According to their legends, the tribe died in the most hideous ways: frozen, burned, or ripped apart.
The remains of those massacred were found and buried at the foot of a hill in the valley. But on that evening, the evil spirits took to the air, screaming curses and threats, but the Indian’s wise man had powerful magic and he was able to keep the spirits at bay while the his tribe made their escape.
Now I believe that there’s some truth in it. There ain’t no bugs in the valley, no bees, and no skeeters. Birds don’t fly overhead going south for the winter, and no bear or mountain lion comes down to terrorize us. The only things living in this valley are man and the things man brings. Did you know that farmers here don’t have to worry about weeds? They won’t grow here! Least not
in the crops. So many things do grow here though; if we couldn’t sell it all off to the cities, we’d be drowning in crops and cows! And all this produce coming from thin, rocky soil. Every so often I wonder why we was granted this bounty, but more than that, I wonder what we’re paying for it."
Sep 2, 2016 9:22 pm
Jon listens to Mrs. Bellweather's tale, then thinks to the tales of the occult that he's heard. Crops growing abundantly in thin soil? Indian shamans holding spirits at bay? Could this have ANYTHING to do with what's been happening lately?
OOC:
.......this RNG likes to toy with me...
Last edited September 2, 2016 9:22 pm

Rolls

Occult (vs 59%) - (1d100)

(63) = 63

Sep 2, 2016 10:38 pm
"Mrs Bellweather, may I ask some questions? Firstly, how long have you lived here? 2nd why or how was the land cursed? And finally, have you ever seen anything like this?"

While Joseph is asking his questions, he pulls out his Uncles journal and shows her the picture of the Zoogs
Sep 2, 2016 10:45 pm
Knifesedgegames sent a note to irvanovich
Sep 2, 2016 11:00 pm
"I've lived here my whole live. My mother was midwife before me and her mother before her. I have no idea why the land was cursed, you'll have to ask the Indians that!" she cackles to herself then stops short when you show her the Zoog, "What is that?" she grabs the diary and peers through her glasses, "Looks like a rat of some kind. Or possum?"
Sep 3, 2016 5:56 am
"Thank you, has there been occasions when the unusual activity started occurring more often or became stronger? Say maybe when new people moved to the town?"
OOC:
Is there anything I can roll to see how truthful she is being?
Sep 3, 2016 3:17 pm
OOC:
Psychology to see if she is being truthful

Rolls

Psychology - (1d100)

(74) = 74

Sep 3, 2016 9:36 pm
"Not that I can tell,"she squints at Joseph, "Always been like that since before I was a little gel."
Sep 3, 2016 9:36 pm
Knifesedgegames sent a note to Scotash
Sep 4, 2016 10:21 am
"Thank you. Just one final question from me. Is there anyone else who has lived here as long as you, or longer?"
Sep 4, 2016 10:38 am
"Not that I know of. I'm the oldest woman in town and lived here all my life."
Sep 4, 2016 4:19 pm
Angel shakes his head. "I suppose it was too much to hope for an easy solution." He stands and walks to the edge of the porch, leaning against one of the posts and looks out at the grounds surrounding Agnus's home. "Looks like we're doing it your way, Mathis," he says quietly, not even sure if he's actually talking to Mathis or to himself.
Sep 4, 2016 11:15 pm
Knifesedgegames sent a note to Cerris214
Sep 5, 2016 9:52 pm
Yes maam, if you had to say that one person had the most to gain from the bountiful harvest out here who would it be?
Sep 5, 2016 10:03 pm
"Well, there're plenty of farmers but no one person that would gain from it."
Sep 6, 2016 10:06 am
Do you remember in the woods? That big rock monolith. Agnus do you know anything about that?
Sep 6, 2016 11:41 am
"The Maple Wood? Beautiful place, used to go there as a girl, not been since though. The children today say it's haunted or some such bunkum."
Sep 6, 2016 11:42 am
Not sure I've seen any monolith though
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.