A Time for Harvest Gameplay - Chapter One

load previous
Sep 6, 2016 12:48 pm
"Mrs. Bellweather, does this town have a mayor, or perhaps a group of selectmen who operate as the town government?
Sep 6, 2016 12:55 pm
"This little place? Naw. Most important man here is the sheriff he keeps the peace and all. Don't need no government down here"
Sep 6, 2016 1:00 pm
Who was the sheriff before your current sheriff Mrs. Bellweather?
Sep 6, 2016 1:10 pm
"Can't say I remember the fellers name. I know Sheriff Spenser was young at the time but people weren't happy with the old one so he won the post. That was close to 20 years back I imagine."
Sep 6, 2016 1:17 pm
"Why were people unhappy with the old sheriff?"
Sep 6, 2016 2:42 pm
"Not a very good sheriff I imagine. Maybe he was a drinker, maybe just lazy. Can't say I remember."
Sep 6, 2016 3:03 pm
"And have the crops always been good like you discussed, or did it start getting that way during your lifetime?"
Sep 6, 2016 6:30 pm
Always been like that, far as I remember.
Sep 6, 2016 6:37 pm
"Well then I might be stuck. I'm not really sure whats going on. My gut tells me that someone in this city is performing some kind of ritual to bring about the boon being received for the town. But that this good fortune comes at a cost, most likely a deal made with whatever killed the indians all those years ago. But its just a hunch with no proof, so if anybody else has any other ideas, or even revisions to what i think now that you have heard it, please feel free to add. As to you miss agnus, please be careful out here. There are strange things living in this place, dangerous things. As kind and helpful as you have been I would feel terrible to see you come to harm. Do you have any thoughts about my theory, or know anybody else we should be talking to about this?"
Sep 6, 2016 8:33 pm
Angel thinks back on all the strange things he's experienced during his stay here. He thinks of the odd dreams, of the little rat-men and the terrifyingly huge beast they encountered in the woods. All of these things are nightmares, horrible things that should only exist in the sweat-soaked dreams of the tortured. He shakes his head, admitting to himself that he has become one of the tortured. His soul aches with the fear that grips him.

Turning, he says to the others, "Did we ever figure out where our dreams were coming from? Where did those nightmare creatures come from? Surely they can't be natives to the woods! Otherwise, the locals would know more about them."
Sep 6, 2016 8:38 pm
"Something dark, and powerful is reaching out to us. If my theory is correct all of the deaths around here are related to paying these things for there protection to the town, but who knows if that's whats going on or not. I'm hoping agnus has some insight on my theory, and then we can go check the camp where they went missing last year."
Sep 6, 2016 8:48 pm
"I can't imagine who might behind what your suggesting. What I told you about the founders of Cobbs Corners might be true, but they're not alive today to reap the benefits. If you've had dreams, all I can say is look at them closely. Often dreams reflect what's really going on in your life. I'd better get inside now, I could do with a nap. Thanks for stopping by."
Sep 6, 2016 8:50 pm
"Thank you for your time miss Bellweather. It's greatly appreciated.

Mathis turns to the rest of this group.

Lets go check out the campsite tonight, see what we can find out. Maybe there are clues there. Plus it will give us all time to sit down and discuss these dreams in a little more detail. Maybe they are the key we have been looking for the whole time.
Sep 6, 2016 8:53 pm
OOC:
It's getting to mid afternoon now. Decide who will go to camp with Mathis and who will return to the farm house.
Sep 6, 2016 8:54 pm
Angel nods to Mathis. "I think we should check out the woods again."
Sep 6, 2016 8:56 pm
"The ones around the farmhouse? I have no problem with that. We just have people expecting us at the campsite tonight, and last minute plan changes get people hurt. I would love to dedicate a day to those woods, tomorrow perhaps?"
Sep 6, 2016 9:16 pm
"I think the woods tomorrow is a good idea,count me in. I'll head back to the farmhouse with Jon. If anything does happen I don't know how well he can protect himself and Clarissa with one arm. Anyway, I'll take another look at my uncles journal to see if I can find anything else"
Last edited September 6, 2016 9:18 pm
Sep 7, 2016 10:25 am
That's a good idea Joseph. Mathis please let the others know that we will be returning to the farm house. We can all meet up there tomorrow. I feel a need to return to that stone for some reason. This all feels cyclical. Too bad Mrs Bellweather got tired. Should have asked about the children deaths. Those books and papers from the library hinted at rash or odd deaths 25 years ago. I'll transcribe my dreams and we can scrutinize them tomorrow as well. Let's meet up say around 9 am then.
Sep 7, 2016 6:41 pm
"That sounds fine, i will see you tomorrow then.
Sep 7, 2016 8:44 pm
Dropping the others at the farmhouse, Mathis takes the car to straight to the campsite to get there before sunset.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.