load previous
Sep 7, 2016 8:48 pm
Kaosanddoom sent a note to Knifesedgegames
Sep 7, 2016 8:54 pm
Knifesedgegames sent a note to Kaosanddoom
Sep 7, 2016 8:56 pm
Kaosanddoom sent a note to Knifesedgegames
Sep 7, 2016 9:46 pm
Angel accompanies Mathis. He is not very eager to, but he did promise, earlier in the day.
Sep 7, 2016 10:08 pm
OOC:
Ah thanks Angel, I missed that
Sep 7, 2016 10:48 pm
As Mathis and Angel leave the farmhouse, they see Blaine in the other car coming in the other direction. He pulls up alongside them, "I've left the camp in Harold Higgin's hands as he's the expert geologist. As those that wanted to stay in the farmhouse have no access to a car I felt it good idea to come back and stay the night in the farmhouse with the others, maybe cook them something. I feel better knowing you'll be out there with them Mathis. Be careful out there."
Sep 7, 2016 10:51 pm
Arriving at the camp, it seems the day has gone well at the base of Broken Hill. Harold managed to map out the grid and guided the less experienced students to remove chunks of dirt and stone and everyone is getting involved.

"Hey Mathis," the Irishman calls jovially as Mathis gets out of the car, "I reckon we just found something big!"
Sep 7, 2016 10:51 pm
"I will take care of them, but I can't promise anything. This is getting serious now."

Mathis heads back to the site to get his part setup.
Sep 7, 2016 10:52 pm
Mathis slides the car in and throws the park brake. He gets out and runs to the site where they have found things.
Sep 7, 2016 10:57 pm
Harold indicates a large area where bones have been uncovered, "It looks like the mound is in fact a mass American Indian grave. Probably a whole tribe was buried here at some time, young and old together with all their possessions. I'll be honest, this is out of our league. I think we should down tools at this point, wait til Blaine comes back in the morning and get a report back to the university. I'm pretty sure the government will want to get involved."
Sep 7, 2016 10:59 pm
"At least Blaine was good enough to leave us Franks and Beans and a bottle of whiskey to see us through the night," he grins.
Sep 7, 2016 11:02 pm
Back at the Farmhouse...

Blaine arrives back at the farmhouse not long after Mathis left. He carries from the car a bag of foodstuffs and whiskey.

"I thought you guys could use a good home cooked meal!"
he heads to the kitchen and starts getting food ready.
Sep 7, 2016 11:03 pm
Jon, Father Simon, Joseph and Clarissa all help set up the table for dinner.
Sep 8, 2016 12:26 am
At the camp...

Right I'm heading back home then. I gather some of you are staying up here. Last chance if anyone wants a lift back to the farmhouse?
Sep 8, 2016 1:18 am
Angel shakes his head, looking around the camp. "I, for one, am fine. Thanks for the offer, though."
Sep 8, 2016 1:11 pm
Mathis walks over to angel
"Man i got a bad feeling about this. I know i said staying out here might be a good idea, but they literally just corroborated the dead indian story, and then dug the guys up. I think things are likely to be extra messed up around here tonight. Lets go back and tell everyone what we found."

Mathis goes to Joe Harlow
"Joe we need to clear the sight tonight. Can you hold on and let me talk to some people real fast before you leave and see if i can make that happen."

Mathis goes to harold higgins
"Harold your absolutely right, we should not mess with this any more. we need to turn this over to higher authorities. Lets clear the sight tonight, completely, to make sure we don't cause any harm."
Sep 8, 2016 1:13 pm
At the farmhouse...

Jon helps Blaine as much as he is able with dinner, enjoying the simple ritual of a home-cooked meal while they have a moment of peace.

"What do you think they'll find out there, Blaine?" he asks as they work.
Sep 8, 2016 9:39 pm
Amberl is a little taken aback by Mathis's sudden reversal on the camping issue. However, he's come to accept his leadership and simply shrugs. "If that's what you think, ok. Let's see if we can convince them to leave the site. "
Sep 8, 2016 10:05 pm
"There's no way!" Harold exclaims, "Even if I hadn't been given a direct instruction by our expedition leader, I have a professional comittment as a geologist to preserve the site until the experts arrive, especially now that it's been uncovered, I can't risk it being compromised by looters and vandals. By all means, you go back but I'm staying put." For the first time since arriving in Cobb's Corners, he is deadly serious.
Sep 8, 2016 10:12 pm
"For once I agree with Higgins. This is an incredible scientific discovery and should be preserved at all costs," says Laslow.

Many of the others agree.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.