Combat Simulator

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Mar 16, 2021 9:53 pm
Gharn, getting scorched by the flame sphere, howled in pain as he instinctively slashed his sword bellowing "Booming blade!" and took a few quick steps back as he reached for his inner stamina deposits invoking the Second wind technique.

Gharn Greycastle
HP 19/28
AC 20
Action surge 0/1
Second wind 0/1
Spell slots 1/2
Bullets (6)/36
Zone x-1
Last edited March 16, 2021 10:29 pm

Rolls

Dex save - (1d20+1)

(6) + 1 = 7

Second wind - (1d10+3)

(4) + 3 = 7

Attack roll - (1d20+5)

(17) + 5 = 22

Attack damage - (1d8+3)

(7) + 3 = 10

Mar 16, 2021 10:39 pm
The magically coated blade collided with the armor like white light, once again pushing through and slashing the man across the chest. Blood begins to soak into the bandages wrapped about his torso. For a moment exertion crosses his features.
It quickly fades into his usual blank stare.
The Bandaged man clenches his fist, and the flaming white sphere begins its pursuit. Once again intending to slam into its prey.
Make another Dex save.
Bandaged Man
HP (???-23)
AC:14
DC:15
HL(6/6)
PM(1/2)
Zone:X

Rolls

Concentration - (1d20+6)

(9) + 6 = 15

Fire Damage - (2d6)

(14) = 5

Mar 17, 2021 11:26 am
Gharn tries to dodge the speeding sphere,but it appears to curve at the last moment and strike him at the back.
His eyes burn with anger, as he charges towards the bandaged man once again but he misses him.

Gharn Greycastle
HP 14/28
AC 20
Action surge 0/1
Second wind 0/1
Spell slots 1/2
Bullets (6)/36
Last edited March 17, 2021 11:40 am

Rolls

Dex save - (1d20+1)

(12) + 1 = 13

Attack roll - (1d20+5)

(3) + 5 = 8

Mar 17, 2021 8:07 pm
As the fight wears on, the emotions once again return to the Bandaged Man’s features. The maliciousness once again flashes in his eyes and the evil smile spreads across his features.
He bats the sword aside with the back of his hand, fires off yet another blast from his other hand.
Bandaged Man
HP (???-23)
AC: 14
DC: 15
HL (6/6)
PM (1/2)

Rolls

Angelic Blast - (1d20+7)

(16) + 7 = 23

Radiant Damage - (1d10+4)

(10) + 4 = 14

Mar 17, 2021 8:36 pm
I clench my teeth and put all the magic I have within channeled to a single Shield spell as I scream at him: "What is your purpose? Some kind of hero you are!"

At a desperate move to halt things, I take out my whip and attempt to grapple him.

Rolls

Grapple check - (1d20+5)

(18) + 5 = 23

Mar 17, 2021 8:43 pm
The whip quickly binds his arms to his sides.
He tries to wriggle free but is caught by the tight bind of the leather whip.
The Bandaged Man cocks his head as he ponders the question.

" I aM a MoNsTeR...
ThIs Is WhAt MoNsTeRs Do.

His voice sounds off, like he’s struggling to against something to speak them.

Rolls

Acrobatics - (1d20+3)

(7) + 3 = 10

Mar 17, 2021 8:58 pm
"But who really is the monster, really? The puppet I see before me or the self-proclaimed will of human kind?"
Last edited March 17, 2021 8:59 pm
Mar 17, 2021 9:25 pm
The Bandaged Man seems to regain more of his mental faculties.
"Monsters... are what people don’t want to see, or deal with, or understand.
I’ve been a monster since the beginning, Allaya is their protector, your protector, wether they know it or want it.
"
Mar 17, 2021 9:32 pm
But who exactly is this Allaya? Or what? And how can she(?) be a protector of both?
You seem under some kind of influence, is there any way I could help you?
Mar 17, 2021 9:46 pm
"The shackles are for your protection, they limit what i can do, and for my sake to make it easier to hurt you. Puts me back in a certain state of mind from my past.
As for help, no. I made a deal with Allaya a long time ago. This is just one of the conditions.

He paused for a moment to ponder.
"As for Allaya, it’s the collective concept of all mortals will to survive. Humans just happen to be the majority."
Mar 17, 2021 10:08 pm
"What do you mean by saying that the shackles are for your sake to make it easier to hurt me?
What is the point of this? Is a fight to the end the only way to resolve things? Will you resume fighting me if I remove the whip?
I still have many questions about you and your past. And of Allaya's purpose and role in this.".

Is this really a dream?
Last edited March 17, 2021 10:16 pm

Rolls

Insight - (1d20+2)

(15) + 2 = 17

Mar 17, 2021 10:30 pm
The Bandaged Man sags his shoulders.
" I don’t like to hurt good people, but I wasn’t always like that, the shackles limit my abilities, and access that hatred. Makes me a good training dummy."
He looks you in the eyes, a look of remorse and pity deep within them.
"As for the point, apparently you have some kind of destiny. A destiny that’s gonna put you on a path of suffering and hardship, one where things aren’t what they seem, and your foes will be far stronger than you.
So this is to prepare you for those hard fights, and to teach you a certain lesson.
Ask your questions, I owe you that much, but the only way this ends is if you kill me."
Mar 17, 2021 10:47 pm
"You seem to know a lot for a mere training dummy..
Who are you or were you?
What is this lesson I need to learn?
What more are you willing to tell me about Allaya?
I'll put everything I have behind my strike if that's what needs to be done, although I fear I'll not make it...
Mar 17, 2021 11:11 pm
The Bandaged Man chuckled.
"You sure have a lot of questions, but I did say I’d answer em.
My name is Phoenix Vey, and I went through exactly what you’re going through now.
Allaya has taken a liking to you, and wants to recruit you. Like it did with me so very long ago."
Mar 18, 2021 11:26 am
I'm Gharn, Gharn Greycastle. Can't say I'm glad to meet you... Definitely intrigued and curious at the moment...
But recruit me for what exactly? Can you tell me anything?
You say that Allaya took a liking to you very long ago; does this mean that you're dead? Are you on a different plane of existence or something?
Mar 18, 2021 7:46 pm
"I did die a very long time ago, or at least a long time ago for me. Time is tricky, I might not have even died yet in your timeline, but eventually I will, and so my soul ends up here, at the Throne of Heroes. A place outside of time and space, that collects records of mortal kinds greatest heroes.
As for what Allaya wants, it wants you to join the Counter Force."
Mar 19, 2021 11:18 am
" My timeline? What's the meaning of all this?! And blimey, what's this Counter Force now? I think this is getting way out of my league!..."
Mar 19, 2021 11:51 am
Phoenix just shrugs.
"Trust me I get it, it’s a lot to try to grasp all at once. But you’re a mage right? All this stuff can’t be all that unfeasible.
Let’s not dive into unnecessary details, we can save it for another dream.
As for the Counter Force, there’s only two things you need to know.
One: It’s the thing that keeps what goes bump in the night from dragging mortal kind into oblivion. The World’s collection of nameless heroes who commit heroics and atrocities in equal measure just to make sure that things stay the same.
Two: No matter how desperate the situation, no matter how tempting the deal. Never agree to join the Counter Force."

A deadly seriousness flash in his eyes with the last statement.
Mar 19, 2021 3:43 pm
"Why would Allaya want me to join? I haven't done anything grand, so to speak. Why are you telling me all these? How am I supposed to object to a power beyond my understanding?
What's more that you're not telling me? You joined, so you must be able to tell me more."
Last edited March 19, 2021 3:45 pm
Mar 19, 2021 7:11 pm
"The keyword there is yet, you haven’t done anything yet. Allaya simple knows things, where disaster strikes, a person’s capacity for greatness, but it has limitations. It can’t directly do anything to change the atrocities and catastrophes it knows about. So it makes deals, calls upon heroes to preserve the innocent, or so it says. It can’t force you to do anything, so it waits, preys upon your desire to help and protect those around you, waits until you’re in a situation where you’re desperate enough to sacrifice anything to change what’s happening. Then it whispers in your ear, offers the power necessary to win the day, all for the simple price of protecting mortal kind after you’ve lived your life to its end.
Don’t make my mistake, sometimes you have to lose things, never join the Counter Force."
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.