Combat Simulator

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Mar 19, 2021 7:47 pm
"I think you're hiding something... It seems that there's more to this,but I can settle with what you told me so far - for now at least... Can't you teach me anything to help me in my journey, so I don't need some shady entity to do that? I fear from what you told me that my desire to help will be my damnation, although you are not clear of how it will be so."
Mar 19, 2021 8:42 pm
Phoenix sighs.
"No matter how strong you become, there is no trick to avoid it, you will find yourself in a situation where you can do nothing, save nothing, and will suffer because of it.
So now I will teach the lesson I promised, it’s much different than what Allaya wants me to teach, but the chains are off."

Suddenly his whole body erupts in white flames, the whip that had been binding him in place burns to ashes in an instant. The heatwave hits Gharn like a train. The white flames burn all around him, forming two large masses behind his back, like wings. Above his head is a flaming white halo.
Phoenix looks Gharn dead in the eye, no malice, no hatred, only pity.

"One day you’re gonna lose, and there’s nothing you can do to stop it."

Rolls

Fire damage - (1d10)

(1) = 1

Mar 19, 2021 9:13 pm
The heatwave was so terrible,that it even got me - although barely. I draw my sword back and charge Phoenix yelling "Let's finish this!"

Gharn Greycastle
HP 13/28
AC 20
Action surge 0/1
Second wind 0/1
Spell slots 0/2
Bullets (6)/36

Rolls

Attack roll - (1d20+5)

(4) + 5 = 9

Mar 19, 2021 9:53 pm
The heat continues to roll off Phoenix in waves. Only growing worse as Gharn got closer, his sword swing falling short, pushed aside by a blast of hot air.

"Remember, defeat is not the end, and you are never truly alone. You can stand up again, you can make up for what is lost, you can find those to help you on your way. So when the devil comes to you with a deal to save that which cannot be saved do your best to remember my words."

He raised his right hand, the fire grows wilder and hotter all around him, begging to be let loose.
" Life is full of second chances."

As the words leave his lips a rolling wave of fire surges toward Gharn.
Make a Dex save.
Phoenix (Awakened)
HP:???
AC:14
DC:15
???
???
???
???
???

Rolls

Fire Damage - (4d8)

(1372) = 13

Mar 19, 2021 10:06 pm
As I see the fire wave rushing towards me, I try to avoid it

Rolls

Dex save - (1d20+1)

(1) + 1 = 2

Mar 19, 2021 10:11 pm
Gharn catches a sad look in Phoenix’s eyes just as the flames consume him.

He wakes with a jolt, covered in sweat, extremely dazed at the contents of the dream.
Before he can even begin to ponder if it was real, he glances at his hand, which had been clenched until this moment.
In it was a single smoldering white rose. It produced no smoke, and did not seem to be turning into ash.
A persistently burning white rose, a gift from a man who’s motives were still a mystery.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.