OOC Chat

Mar 21, 2021 11:12 am
Anything not directly game related
Mar 24, 2021 1:59 pm
Hello everyone!!! I don’t believe I have played with any of you before so it’s a pleasure to meet you all!! I am very excited by the premise of this game and can’t wait to get started :)
Mar 24, 2021 8:47 pm
Same! Definitely excited
Mar 24, 2021 9:10 pm
My plan is that we have a short 1-on-1 session with each of you, to establish you as a Waterdeep citizen.
Then we fade to black and you wake up in space all together, and we take it from there :)
Mar 24, 2021 9:13 pm
I love that idea! I have been making a character sheet today instead of doing homework haha, so I should have it done today or tomorrow to submit
Last edited March 24, 2021 9:14 pm
Mar 25, 2021 3:57 am
Hi all! Looking forward to this game, and to playing with all of you.

I like the 1-on-1 background session idea.
Mar 25, 2021 9:45 am
I'll be working on the sheet later on. I'm a teacher/librarian and this week has been packed with meetings
Mar 25, 2021 11:01 am
Glad to join the group! I appreciate the arrangement to sync our characters with the world and then hurl them far, far from home.
Mar 26, 2021 9:29 pm
I ran Dragon Heist for my IRL group, so I went through the book to find some Waterdeep images for inspiration and now each of your Session 0 treads has a mood-setting image. I'll try to make it a habit :D

By the way in 0: Lopeiros meets Senobia I have implied female frontal nudity (mostly inspired by and awesome Firbolg image I found online). I have no intention of taking it any further than that, but I will ask if there are any triggers or taboo subjects that we should avoid.
Mar 26, 2021 10:18 pm
I am, for good or for bad, a product of the American entertainment culture so sex or violence does not offend me.
Mar 26, 2021 10:36 pm
I'm not easily upset or offended. So you should be all good.
Mar 26, 2021 10:46 pm
Now that I have admitted to my more baser instincts, let me not put my mom totally to shame with a lack of manners. Pleased to meet everyone. I truly adore weaving stories. Both the expected but satisfying plot like when the guy gets the girl and then also that occasional twist you that you never saw coming.... I think we will create a bit of both.
Mar 26, 2021 10:48 pm
Yeah I would not be offended or upset by very much, but I would prefer to keep nudity and sex implied rather than explicitly described.
Last edited March 26, 2021 11:10 pm
Mar 26, 2021 11:10 pm
And welcome CherokeeWind!
Mar 27, 2021 12:19 pm
aquafina says:
Yeah I would not be offended or upset by very much, but I would prefer to keep nudity and sex implied rather than explicitly described.
Yep, this is my preferred way also.

Nice to have you with us CherokeeWind!
Mar 27, 2021 8:56 pm
Galdr says:
OOC:
Rune, I doubt it matters with this roll, but Takeshi has racial expertise in Arcana (+10 vs the +7 in the stat block). Gamers Plane doesn't have a good spot to reflect this stat adjustment, so I took the note and included in the trait title under features. I did a similar thing with his augmented passive perception and investigation to make it easier to spot. I apologize for the hassle.
I am using Adams GP addon. That means that I easiely acces you character sheet and make rolls for you. I will roll some skill checks to discern how much to tell you and initiative and other rolls for the sake of expediency.
Galdr's character has a modifier to his skill, and kadeton's character properly has expertise in some skills. If you write your final modifier directly after the skill name, i.e. Arcana +10 then that will overrule the default Proficiency Bonus + Int Mod that the chracter sheet provides.

Here is an example from one of my characters

https://i.imgur.com/olXm7Hz.png

Its an awesome browser addon, and if you install it you will see the games background image as well
Mar 28, 2021 4:40 am
Nice shout for Adam's GP plugin. I've added the Expertise bonuses to my Stealth and Sleight of Hand skills.
Mar 28, 2021 12:42 pm
Thanks, Runekyndig! Updated the arcana and included passive boosts in line with the appropriate skills.

I can also see this dope pirate ship as the background in your forum that I couldn't see before. Not sure if that's a detail Rune included that others haven't in their games or something Adam's extension provided Rune the ability to do. Either way, very cool art. B)
Last edited March 28, 2021 12:44 pm
Mar 28, 2021 1:28 pm
Look at the Game Details. You will see this pice of code. That is was adds background images to the game forum.
Quote:
If you add this code bit to your character discription, you can add a background image to your character as well
Quote:
https://i.imgur.com/SG2HL5i.png
Mar 30, 2021 12:02 am
Rune, thanks for the coding heads up. I wondered what the string of code in the Game Details was. Very cool.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.