Character Concepts and creation

load previous
Mar 25, 2021 11:51 pm
Starting monies

Rolls

1d10 - (1d10)

(4) = 4

Mar 26, 2021 12:20 am
I have also submitted a character sheet for review!

*I don't know anything about FR or spelljammer lore, so anything mentioned here is just based on the little bit of googling I did.

Lopeiros [Loh-pear-os], Leo for short, is a firbolg horizon walker ranger from the Misty Forests near Waterdeep, where his clan of firbolg druids and rangers protect and live within the forest. His clan, called the Fyfolon, was pretty relaxed and fun-loving, and worshipped Silvanus as their patron. He was raised on crazy fairy tales and epic legends about the worlds, planes, and monsters beyond Faerun, and has been wishing to someday travel to them, to find out if his childhood tales were real. He figured his first step to doing that was learning about them, and wished to travel to a larger city where he has heard of libraries where they have knowledge like this all over the place! He began to feel the call of something (Deneir or a similar god of knowledge or something like that maybe) to travel to Waterdeep to study. So one night he escaped his clan, not because he hated them, but because his interests outgrew it. He fully plans to one day return to them, but only after he has a reason to and he has learned enough.

If we're going with the magic items I mentioned in the IC thread, I could explain that the Eyes of the Eagle and Elemental Gem were commonplace items among his clan to help them protect the forest, and the headband of intellect was a gift from whatever deity called him.
Mar 26, 2021 7:18 am
Submitted Khezzik for review. :)

I didn't feel like any of the normal Backgrounds really fit with a monster race, so his "Exile" background is just a cobbled-together set of personality traits. He doesn't currently have a Feature (though if he really needs one, the "City Secrets" Urchin feature would work well enough) and he should technically have one more tool proficiency or language, but none of them seemed to fit his backstory so I've just ignored that for now.
Mar 26, 2021 9:21 am
kadeton says:
Submitted Khezzik for review. :)

I didn't feel like any of the normal Backgrounds really fit with a monster race, so his "Exile" background is just a cobbled-together set of personality traits. He doesn't currently have a Feature (though if he really needs one, the "City Secrets" Urchin feature would work well enough) and he should technically have one more tool proficiency or language, but none of them seemed to fit his backstory so I've just ignored that for now.
Make a custome background, but it sounds like you want to mix Exile and Urchin
Character approved :)
Mar 26, 2021 9:23 am
aquafina says:
I have also submitted a character sheet for review!

*I don't know anything about FR or spelljammer lore, so anything mentioned here is just based on the little bit of googling I did.

Lopeiros [Loh-pear-os], Leo for short, is a firbolg horizon walker ranger from the Misty Forests near Waterdeep, where his clan of firbolg druids and rangers protect and live within the forest. His clan, called the Fyfolon, was pretty relaxed and fun-loving, and worshipped Silvanus as their patron. He was raised on crazy fairy tales and epic legends about the worlds, planes, and monsters beyond Faerun, and has been wishing to someday travel to them, to find out if his childhood tales were real. He figured his first step to doing that was learning about them, and wished to travel to a larger city where he has heard of libraries where they have knowledge like this all over the place! He began to feel the call of something (Deneir or a similar god of knowledge or something like that maybe) to travel to Waterdeep to study. So one night he escaped his clan, not because he hated them, but because his interests outgrew it. He fully plans to one day return to them, but only after he has a reason to and he has learned enough.

If we're going with the magic items I mentioned in the IC thread, I could explain that the Eyes of the Eagle and Elemental Gem were commonplace items among his clan to help them protect the forest, and the headband of intellect was a gift from whatever deity called him.
It don't matter if you are not super into the lore. Your character is approved
Mar 26, 2021 9:24 am
Galdr says:
I submitted a character sheet for review. The additional purchases outline in the Items.

Point Buy
Aereni Elf race selected to adapt as a Shou Lung elf. Custom ASI: +2 Int, +1 Dex
Class: Order of Scribes Wizard
Background: Sage
Purchases: Spell components and additional wizard spells learned.
Very oriental, but we can work with that :D
Character approved
Mar 26, 2021 12:45 pm
I really like Firbolgs. They just seem like nice people.

Takeshi's tea shop / scriptorium / information exchange is a very cool idea. And a strong motivation to get back to Waterdeep - it's just impossible to get a decent cup of tea in space.

@The_Librarian: What were you thinking for your character?
Mar 26, 2021 1:37 pm
Sorry guys this week has been busy and I'm sick today. I will try to post a longer description and sheet later today.
But briefly Nirion Revelore is a young (just come of age) elf wild magic sorcerer.
He comes from a long line of stuffy, studied wizards who are not pleased with his...difficulty.
I have more but as I'm home with a migraine, that Is about what I can handle at the moment.
Mar 26, 2021 1:52 pm
Ah, wild magic is always fun. Hope you feel better soon!
Mar 26, 2021 6:02 pm
Nirion has the cloistered scholar background, growing up in the halls of an elvish scholarium well outside Waterdeep. He carries a book on the few elves of his clan who also had unpredictable magic. All of them have met tragic and dramatic ends. The more studied wizards of the isolated scholarium have no clue what to do with them...most don't entirety care. Magic is supposed to be ordered and predictable after all.

Several months ago, as he came of age, Nirion left the island and headed for Waterdeep in search of answers and perhaps a way to control his unpleasant side effects.
If anyone would like to have befriended this poor confused high elf, that might be fun. He is quiet, soft spoken, and outwardly serious. He can be snarky however, especially when stressed.
I haven't spent his gold yet, because I am still thinking on those topics.The magic items I hope for him to have are a bag of holding, a cloak of protection, and a necklace of adaption. Questions, thoughts? He loves acquiring new knowledge, even things he can't necessarily use. He is also rather overwhelmed by the size of Waterdeep.
Mar 26, 2021 6:29 pm
The_Librarian says:
Nirion has the cloistered scholar background, growing up in the halls of an elvish scholarium well outside Waterdeep. He carries a book on the few elves of his clan who also had unpredictable magic. All of them have met tragic and dramatic ends. The more studied wizards of the isolated scholarium have no clue what to do with them...most don't entirety care. Magic is supposed to be ordered and predictable after all.

Several months ago, as he came of age, Nirion left the island and headed for Waterdeep in search of answers and perhaps a way to control his unpleasant side effects.
If anyone would like to have befriended this poor confused high elf, that might be fun. He is quiet, soft spoken, and outwardly serious. He can be snarky however, especially when stressed.
I haven't spent his gold yet, because I am still thinking on those topics.The magic items I hope for him to have are a bag of holding, a cloak of protection, and a necklace of adaption. Questions, thoughts? He loves acquiring new knowledge, even things he can't necessarily use. He is also rather overwhelmed by the size of Waterdeep.
Sounds like a good candidate to wander into Takeshi’s shop. The scribe would want to hear more about the elf’s background and seek to understand his erratic connection to the arcane. Takeshi can interchange the elements of his art, even expedite rituals, but to tap the enigmatic weave spontaneously would intrigue him greatly.
Last edited March 26, 2021 6:30 pm
Mar 26, 2021 7:33 pm
runekyndig says:

Very oriental, but we can work with that :D
Character approved
Adding some Kara-tur to the Faerun flavor. :)

In truth, I realized the Order of Scribes was the closest thing to a Shugenja from the older editions. I figured it would be a fun investigator to wander the ether.
Mar 26, 2021 11:03 pm
I realize I was allowed to join based upon the introduction post of Turner. I, however, am not sure if that is the character you expect me to play. I feel like she is solid with both adorable and irritating quirks but she is also an Order of Scribes wizard and I don't want to step on any toes. Besides the spell list the flavor of the two characters couldn't be more different but still...I am willing to create another character.
Mar 27, 2021 12:47 am
CherokeeWind says:
I realize I was allowed to join based upon the introduction post of Turner. I, however, am not sure if that is the character you expect me to play. I feel like she is solid with both adorable and irritating quirks but she is also an Order of Scribes wizard and I don't want to step on any toes. Besides the spell list the flavor of the two characters couldn't be more different but still...I am willing to create another character.
I am of the niche opinion that duplicated classes or features do not render characters redundant or crowding unless played so. Similarly, multiple wizards yields exponential results, esp. in 5e's concentration mechanic. I would be glad for the arcane accompaniment.
Mar 27, 2021 1:03 am
Though I did just realize we have a rogue, a ranger, two wizards, and a sorcerer. So no healing whatsoever lmao. I would be more than happy to switch Lopeiros to a druid if other people think that might be a good idea too and if rune is okay with me switching, circle of stars still very much fits his character I feel like
Mar 27, 2021 2:02 am
aquafina says:
Though I did just realize we have a rogue, a ranger, two wizards, and a sorcerer. So no healing whatsoever lmao. I would be more than happy to switch Lopeiros to a druid if other people think that might be a good idea too and if rune is okay with me switching, circle of stars still very much fits his character I feel like
I think the lack of healing derives from the emphasis on exploration/sleuthing and the de-emphasis on divine casters (the gods won't hear us! *gasp*). That said, a bard/celestial warlock, druid, and a healer feat among the group would suffice for healing in the 20% of combats we may incur.
Mar 27, 2021 2:10 am
If the group needs a bit more support, I can easily change Takeshi into a Lore Bard with relative ease.
Mar 27, 2021 2:19 am
Quote:
I think the lack of healing derives from the emphasis on exploration/sleuthing and the de-emphasis on divine casters (the gods won't hear us! *gasp*).
Ah that’s true, I momentarily forgot about that. So perhaps that was part of the design of the game lol
Mar 27, 2021 3:53 am
Galdr, if you don't mind then I am happy to cast with you and will keep the wizard.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.