GP statistics May 2021

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
May 7, 2021 2:59 am
griffrpg says:
Now if only we knew how many of those 205 Savage Worlds games actually made it past character creation.

I am a little bummed to see there have only been 10 games of 7th Sea. That is a game I'd like to try out. Maybe I'll have to start one up myself when I get a chance.

Thanks for rolling these up. I always like seeing things like this.
All I'm saying is that me or my bf won the rulebook in a raffle and we have yet to open it, so an excuse would be welcome.
May 7, 2021 8:55 am
Fantastic work RK. That geo chart is really interesting.

Although...
runekyndig says:
Gender distribution. There is a lot of players who have not defined their gender :/
Yeah... about that... why does GP even ask that question?

I can kinda understand the age question. It's a reach, but perhaps my younger gaming buddies might not understand some older references. Umm.... I can't really think of anything else for age.

But what am I supposed to do with gender information?! "None of GP's damn business" is probably the correct answer.

I suppose the only time I would ever need to know is when referring to the player in the third person in an OOC thread, but "they" works fine as a pronoun.

e.g. "They're on holiday", "They decided to play a rogue", "They quit GP because I was creepily asking them if they wanted to roll blue dice or pink."
May 7, 2021 2:54 pm
I don't mind it asking the question but I'm not surprised most people don't have it filled out.
Quote:
"They quit GP because I was creepily asking them if they wanted to roll blue dice or pink."
🤣
May 7, 2021 4:11 pm
Adam says:
Fantastic work RK. That geo chart is really interesting.

Although...
runekyndig says:
Gender distribution. There is a lot of players who have not defined their gender :/
Yeah... about that... why does GP even ask that question?

I can kinda understand the age question. It's a reach, but perhaps my younger gaming buddies might not understand some older references. Umm.... I can't really think of anything else for age.

But what am I supposed to do with gender information?! "None of GP's damn business" is probably the correct answer.

I suppose the only time I would ever need to know is when referring to the player in the third person in an OOC thread, but "they" works fine as a pronoun.

e.g. "They're on holiday", "They decided to play a rogue", "They quit GP because I was creepily asking them if they wanted to roll blue dice or pink."
It really depends on the people. Some are comfortable with it. For others, it a huge part of their identity and is really important. Others are uncomfortable or couldn't care less... I'm just surprised there's not an option for "other"...
May 7, 2021 4:37 pm
Huh, that is true. I misremembered and thought it was a fillable field. The way it is now is odd.
Last edited May 7, 2021 4:37 pm
May 8, 2021 7:32 am
Holycow. Great stats!
Jun 21, 2021 7:53 am
Damn now I wish I wasn't as obsessive with my house keeping to delete inactive characters and number of games played. Gotta try and give Qralloq a run for his money.
Thanks for the stats Runekyndig!
Jun 21, 2021 8:47 am
BedzoneII says:
Damn now I wish I wasn't as obsessive with my house keeping to delete inactive characters and number of games played. Gotta try and give Qralloq a run for his money.
Don't. Qralloq is, as we would call it, a statistical outlier.

I'll ask Adam to generate a new dataset in the autumn. Then we can compare data - that is fun too :) #mynerdisshowing
Jun 21, 2021 11:17 am
runekyndig says:
BedzoneII says:
Don't. Qralloq is, as we would call it, a statistical outlier.

I'll ask Adam to generate a new dataset in the autumn. Then we can compare data - that is fun too :) #mynerdisshowing
It would indeed be fun to see these stats again in the fall.
Jun 26, 2021 5:06 pm
Wow this is really interesting! And I'm not the tiniest bit surprised which names topping those charts LOL!
Jun 26, 2021 6:36 pm
I'm certain that you'd be #1 or #2 on many of those lists if you hadn't had to take time away.
Jun 27, 2021 5:26 am
Well it is easy to remove the 'last activity within 365' restraint, and then we do see Jabes on the lists

https://i.imgur.com/WCrc99g.png
Jun 27, 2021 5:44 am
One thing I dont understand is how Qralloq keeps up with twice as many games as me with fewer posts per day
Last edited June 27, 2021 5:44 am
Jun 27, 2021 6:00 am
bowlofspinach says:
One thing I dont understand is how Qralloq keeps up with twice as many games as me with fewer posts per day
Remember that posts pr day is a derived statistic from numbers of posts divided by numbers of days on the site. If you had a long period where you did not post, then this statistic will drop
Jun 27, 2021 3:53 pm
Also, playing vs. GMing. You're going to make a lot more posts in a game you GM vs. a game you simply play in...
Jun 27, 2021 4:15 pm
I think Q runs more than I do, though. But the over time thing probably explains it. I bet if we were just comparing stats for the past year, Q would have a much higher posting rate than me
Jun 27, 2021 4:34 pm
Since the stats became available, I've averaged more than 30 per day (5,084 posts in 167 days.) A huge chunk of that is the duets I play with Windyridge where we each often post 2-3 times per day per game.
Jun 27, 2021 4:58 pm
Yup, definitely more than I post 😄
Jun 28, 2021 1:41 am
runekyndig says:
Well it is easy to remove the 'last activity within 365' restraint, and then we do see Jabes on the lists

https://i.imgur.com/WCrc99g.png
Haha that's interesting!
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/383334180634886145/632606602335223812/unnamed.gif

Joke memes aside, it bears repeating that this isn't a competition.
Jun 28, 2021 2:36 pm
These stats are interesting. I like seeing the geographic distribution. It's cool to see how widespread the GP/gaming community is. I know it's a lot of work, but a translation feature for GP could be interesting for future versions.

On a more personal note, I had the impression that I was a much heavier user of the site than I ever was, lol.

Certainly not competing, just observing.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.