New Here

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

May 7, 2021 11:02 pm
I am new to Gamers plane, but I have played Pathfinder and 3.5 for years.
So thought I would say hello, and ask for any suggestions.
May 7, 2021 11:10 pm
Welcome, DarkJedi!

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide and the forum rules. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You're also invited to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
lenpelletier
Naatkinson
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!
May 7, 2021 11:20 pm
Hello! Welcome to GP.
May 7, 2021 11:26 pm
Hi, welcome aboard.
May 8, 2021 12:03 am
Welcome to GP!
May 8, 2021 12:09 am
Welcome DarkJedi79. I see you applied to Dark_Raider's Pathfinder game. If you get in, you're in for a treat!
May 8, 2021 12:34 am
I thought about that game, but I'm playing the same game with a different GM. So I passed on it.
May 8, 2021 1:22 am
Join us, and your journey to the dark side will be complete!
May 8, 2021 1:24 am
Welcome!
May 8, 2021 1:48 am
Thank You for Joining The Dark side
And Helping to rule the galaxy
May 8, 2021 2:12 am
Hello and welcome, even though it's the wrong section to do so...

So, you want suggestions... for PF/3.5 scenarios? For other systems? For games going on on here?
May 8, 2021 2:56 am
Hehe, my friend is new to forums, he saw the new members guide and thought this was the place to introduce himself.

To be honest until you said something I didn't notice where he started the thread. You would think that the new member guidelines would be next to the introduction thread... Makes sense no?

Then Bowl wouldn't need to redirect all the new members to a different forum since it would be right on top of where everyone says hello, just sayin

Might be smart to move both threads to the right place?
Last edited May 8, 2021 3:13 am
May 8, 2021 3:08 am
Can't remember if it is in the General Chat forum or the General forum though
May 8, 2021 4:10 am
I'm sure a moderator can move this. The Introduction section is inside the General chat section.

Edit: Now that I think of it, I wonder if it's not a bit redundant to have both a General Chat and a General section...
Last edited May 8, 2021 4:11 am
May 8, 2021 4:25 am
It gets better, there is a general chat under the general forum and a general chat under guides so which one is more general?

Probably the first one, double whammy takes precedence right?
May 8, 2021 6:23 am
Welcome to the site DarkJedi79!

Don't worry about posting in the wrong spot, it takes a while to get oriented and learn how everything is organized.

My suggestion is to communicate lots in the "Out-of-Character" (OOC) thread or using the OOC tag in your games. It's a great way to express when you like what's happening in a game, or you want to give positive appreciation to other players' posts, or if you need to discuss something you'd like to adjust in a game. It's also great to show you're up-to-date on the game even when you don't have anything to contribute in character at that moment.

Have fun! and let us know if you have any questions.

Re: Rizzoxiii and kalajel
I think this is actually the "Guides" forum, or at least the "General" subforum of the "Guides" forum, which is why the New Member's Guide is here, I think. But many people post here using it as a straight up "General" forum for the site. Maybe we should rename it so it's less confusing. And maybe we should consider moving the "Introductions" forum out of being nested inside the "General Chat" forum, so it's one of the first subforums that new members see when they join.
Last edited May 8, 2021 6:28 am
Jun 5, 2021 5:18 pm
Hey there and 🐳come. I'll second the proposition of joining the Discord server, as it's a more immediate form of communication. Games spontaneously pop up there sometimes. Enjoy your games and have fun.

Len

Jun 5, 2021 8:49 pm
Welcome DarkJedi79!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.