OOC Thread

load previous
Aug 29, 2021 10:50 am
Good luck to you, and stay safe!
Aug 29, 2021 11:14 am
Hey, WhtKnt, Ferathil raised a good point IC that we did not address, regarding non-lethal damage. I was under the assumption that unlike 5ed, "subdual" damage isn’t something you can do without taking plenty of penalties. I have no idea how this is handled in BECMI, I was running on AD&D 1st edition instincts.

So can we just switch from lethal to non-lethal damage without taking penalties? If so, that’s what Arnulf would have done, following Ferathil’s earlier suggestion. On the other hand, if fighting non-lethal will have obvious disadvantages (and as a fighter he ought to know), then I don’t think he’d risk his skin to spare the lives of these obvious (to him) criminals…

We should have discussed this sooner, of course.
Aug 30, 2021 6:17 pm
As BECMI has no rules for handling subdual damage, I think that we will default to a -2 to represent the difficulty of hitting an opponent without the intent to do real harm. If you would like to do it, I can retcon using your original rolls.
Aug 31, 2021 8:19 am
Yep, let's assume Arnulf is trying to do non-lethal damage. That being said, Arnulf is an inch from being knocked out by lethal damage.
Oct 13, 2021 4:00 pm
Just a note to say that you are not forgotten. I'm dealing with a family crisis for the next day or so.
Oct 14, 2021 9:38 pm
good luck with that, WhtKnt
Oct 19, 2021 8:54 am
I lost track of time. What time is it in game?
Oct 19, 2021 7:33 pm
It is late afternoon, coming on towards evening. The sun is getting low but has yet to set.
Oct 27, 2021 6:57 pm
Hey, just popped in to let you know I'm still around, but have had zero personal time over the last ten days or so. My family has moved to a new home, and I've been entirely focused on managing family life and, since Monday, work as well. I'll try to catch up in the next few days, as things settle into a more comfortable rhythm.
Oct 29, 2021 12:37 am
I will be on vacation from the 5th of November to the 17th of November, inclusive, and will have very limited access during this time (I'm going to Disneyworld). If I am in your game, please bot me. If you are in my game, please sit tight and we will resume on my return. I will try to get as much posting in as possible prior to this time, but we are still dealing with a death in the family.
Nov 20, 2021 2:02 am
Going to need an extra few days, folks. I came home from vacation into a wasps nest of stuff to do. I will update as soon as possible.
Jan 20, 2022 6:52 pm
apologies gentlemen, Tara/Taron will discretely bow out from this game. I struggle to keep the focus on this story, for some reason. Thanks for the game, it was nice to see Moldvay-style D&D in action :)
Jan 21, 2022 6:03 pm
Tara/Taron Andy you will be missed, if you do indeed decide to step away from character and campaign.
Jan 21, 2022 7:49 pm
I hate to see you go, but yes, it is a little disjointed, and for that I apologize. I've a lot going on right now. I hope to have a new post up today.
Jan 26, 2022 10:28 am
Gotta say, I have the feeling that our attack rolls have been consistently bad. Arnulf's have, in any case.
Feb 11, 2022 9:52 pm
There will be a delay of game. I apologize to everyone, but this is unavoidable. We are putting an expansion onto our house and when they opened the wall, they found extensive (very extensive) termite damage. So In addition to the uncontrolled chaos of having my home torn apart and remodeled, I am dealing with a rather expensive termite treatment bill (and they just keep finding more). Finally, I have a convention coming up that I serve on staff for (running the entire game room and taking care of the website). This has left me frazzled and has overcome my depression meds to the point that I am on the edge of a razor over the abyss.

I am not shutting the game down, just letting you know that my posts will be even more sporadic for the next several weeks until we get this resolved (hopefully by the end of the month). I will try to update as often as I can, but please be understanding if there is a long delay.
Feb 11, 2022 10:34 pm
Already posted this in another thread, but it bears repeating: As far as I’m concerned, no worries. Take the time you need for the next weeks and come back when things have settled down on your end.
Feb 11, 2022 11:34 pm
So sorry to hear about the problems that have come your way. Hope it gets sorted out and becomes less stressful. I have absolutely no problem waiting till things settle down for you, as your health is more important than the game. Take your time.
Mar 30, 2022 11:22 am
Just dropping by to let you know I've had one of the busiest two weeks in recent memory, and could barely connect to GP. Covid again, absurd workload, kid at home, etc. Things are smoothing out now so I'll try to catch up on my IC posts soon. My apologies for holding back the game.
May 24, 2022 10:33 am
Dang, these are some pretty low rolls! I guess we’d better try to grab our gear rather than fight bare-handed…
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.