Gamers exPlane YouTube Series

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

May 22, 2021 1:38 pm
I had this mad idea, and found a madman to help me explore it.

The Idea: What would happen if I video-chat-interviewed Gamers Plane users and posted those on YouTube?

The Rationalization: My obsessive brain insisted that I do this, but did not fully explain why. So why would I do this? Afterall, I'm an introvert and I have no experience conducting interviews. I want to know more about all of you, you people who I largely only know through your posts. You have a lot to say, and while I could probably post huge chunks of video showing what I know about GP, (guides, tips, tricks, and anecdotes) you could, too, if only you had a platform and the impetus to do so.

The Team: I sought a few of you for advice, and many people have contributed to the development. Among them, Lavtodd, Windyridge, Len, Skeptical_Stun, and Keleth have all given me advice or feedback.

The Mission Statement: Gamers Plane is an amazing, inclusive community, full of positivity and respect. I want to construct not criticize; build everything, destroy nothing; find common ground and avoid divisive topics; shine a spotlight on how normal and human we all are.
The Result: I present to you the first episode of Player Versus Player, the interview subtopic to this project. Here I interview GP moderator Len and we spent 45 minutes talking. I think we both could have continued for hours.

Gamers exPlane - Player Versus Player - s1e01 Qralloq v Len
Next Steps: I have a couple more people who have expressed interest in participating. I'll set up times with them and hope to get those going soon. But all of you can contribute, whether or not you want to be anywhere near a camera and microphone. Send me feedback, suggestions, questions, requests. If you would like to be interviewed, please reach out, either through a PM or on Discord.

I'd later like to expand this to include user guides ("Qral-lore"? ew, awkward). I could easily run through topics like: What a New User Should Know, Building a Character Sheet, Setting up a New Game, Using the Administrative Control Panel, or How To Sing Heavy Metal Songs So Off Key Even Geese Would Will Complain.

Another possible topic is Q&A (Qralloq & Answers). If users send me questions, I'll answer them in a video series dedicated to such. Maybe an interview with a subject matter expert could be arranged.

I want this to be in part a community project. I am inspired by you all.
Last edited May 22, 2021 6:30 pm
May 22, 2021 1:45 pm
One thing both Len and I spoke about by PM afterwards is that neither of us remembered to thank Keleth. While the existence of the interview itself is a tribute to his amazing creation, both Len and I are deeply appreciative of everything that Keleth has given us.

Thank you, sir, for creating Gamers Plane. You are the very best.
May 22, 2021 1:49 pm
This is awesome. Can't wait to check out the first episode!
May 22, 2021 3:18 pm
You need to add a podcast format! This seems awesome!
I Recommend using Anchor or Acast to host the podcast if you're willing to figure out distribution yourself then definitely Acast otherwise use Anchor, the advantage to those is that they are both free!
May 22, 2021 4:03 pm
Edit: by request I've added Closed Captioning and tried to edit most of the weeds out of the automatically generated content.
May 22, 2021 4:04 pm
I really enjoyed listening to this. It was nice to put a face to two of the names around here and to hear you guys talking about issues I have run into as both a GM and a player. It is easy to loose sight of the fact that literally everyone runs into the same problems from time to time and you shouldn't let it ruin your experience. A lot of good insight here.
May 22, 2021 4:44 pm
I'm 2/3 the way through the first episode as I post it, and it is great. I know I've said it before, but obviously the work that made this all successful is you folks. I'm glad I was able to create the place for it, but my gosh, you've all done so much amazing stuff here and outside. I'm super excited to see this going, and you have my complete support for it!
May 22, 2021 4:47 pm
Just finished the episode. It's really awesome!
May 22, 2021 5:15 pm
great watch, a very interesting insight ! Thanks for creating this
May 22, 2021 5:18 pm
Such a great episode!
May 22, 2021 5:52 pm
Cool.
I would be up for a chat if you need more players to talk to
May 22, 2021 6:40 pm
KoldikSteelskin says:
You need to add a podcast format! This seems awesome!
I Recommend using Anchor or Acast to host the podcast if you're willing to figure out distribution yourself then definitely Acast otherwise use Anchor, the advantage to those is that they are both free!
I'll look into this. Anchor looks pretty intuitive, so thanks for the recommendation. I'll just have to work out stripping the audio off the video file, which should be easy (challenges the gods to defy THAT prediction!).
runekyndig says:
Cool.
I would be up for a chat if you need more players to talk to
Excellent. I've sent you a message on Discord to arrange a time.
May 22, 2021 7:43 pm
Greatly enjoyed the episode. Looking forward to the next one.
May 22, 2021 8:00 pm
I wouldn’t mind going on an episode. This is such a cool project, and I would love to see others "in-person", too!
May 22, 2021 8:21 pm
I've just started (about 15 minutes in) and it's quite good so far. Might be biased as I've been mentioned. I feel GP famous lol
May 22, 2021 11:28 pm
HeroAmongMen says:
I wouldn’t mind going on an episode. This is such a cool project, and I would love to see others "in-person", too!
Awesome, I'll send you a PM, maybe set something up for in two weeks or so?
May 22, 2021 11:38 pm
I thoroughly enjoyed that.
May 23, 2021 1:24 am
Finally got to listen to the interview fully. Nice episode, I loved it! Interesting discussions, good variety of topics, great interviewee. And also not bad audio and video quality, too - which I think is pretty important for this kind of thing! I would enjoy seeing more episodes. :D

I'd offer my help, but I have no decent camera, or editing skills. XD Unless you need to draw something, I guess! But do I ever have things to say about ghosting, as someone who did it a lot before... Would be cool to hear more of your thoughts about it.

A minor thing, but it was super interesting to hear that you had a game set in Moscow. I would've loved seeing that! I'm usually not a fan of historical settings, but it would've been the one I actually know something about. XD

Anyway, I think this is cool! Kudos to you, and I'll wait for more! :D (Also, you have infectious laugh, so thanks for making me smile. XD)
Last edited May 23, 2021 4:14 am
May 23, 2021 1:45 am
Qralloq says:
HeroAmongMen says:
Awesome, I'll send you a PM, maybe set something up for in two weeks or so?
Two weeks sounds great!
May 23, 2021 4:48 am
Q! Not even half way though and I already am loving this!

If you need people I can do whatever you need
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.