TftF Out of Character

Jun 8, 2021 9:35 am
This channel is just for all kinds of general OOC talk, whether related to the game or not. Though we can also use the GP Discord for that.
Jun 17, 2021 4:38 pm
I have set up your individual threads for our "Introducing the Teens" scenes. These are primarily for you to get a first idea of how to play your characters and what their lives are like.
I want to get through these fairly quickly, maybe three or four posts back and forth. Feel free to add as much or as little detail as you feel like.

If something I set up in these scenes doesn't match your vision for your character or important NPCs around them, let me know. These are as much for me to get to know these characters as for you.

Once all of these are wrapped up, I will get you all together in a shared scene to introduce the mystery.
Jun 17, 2021 6:06 pm
Sounds good.

It occurs to me I never really defined the political position Mikael's dad holds. If you're okay with it, I'll leave it vague for now and let you decide the position how/if/when it becomes important.
Jun 17, 2021 6:08 pm
I guess I am being dense at the moment, but what is the Coop Kajsa mentions in the IC?
Jun 17, 2021 6:19 pm
Sorry, yeah, that wasnt clear. It's a supermarket I figured she works at
Jun 17, 2021 6:22 pm
Thanks.

BTW, unless you've already named the record store, I have come up with Hål i Öronmask, the Earworm Hole.
Jun 17, 2021 6:47 pm
I like it. Let's use that
Jun 18, 2021 4:40 pm
Bryn just messaged me with some questions and I figured the answers might be of use to everyone:
Quote:
Things like dice rolling - in live DnD I typically wait for the DM to ask for the roll, do we do that here? I imagine that would take a lot of time so maybe pre-emptive rolls? (not that my most recent post needs any rolls, just curious for the future)
Generally, yes, rolling pre-emptively is a useful thing in PBP, but TftL and TftF are, for lack of a better word, stricter with their rolls than for example D&D. Rolls are supposed to move the story forward, both success and failure. And not everything requires a roll necessarily. If you feel like a roll might be appropriate at some point, feel free to add one but I might ignore it if I feel like the situation doesn't require one or if I feel like players are bunching up on rolls (the classic "Person X failed their roll, I'll make one and maybe I'll succeed).
Quote:
Similarly cases where I interact with NPC's can I assume and write their answers? - e.g. If we go to a shop to buy something, do we go through multiple posts asking the shop keeper questions about what they have, how much things cost etc. or do we just write out the whole scene. I guess it's dependant on the story - going to a shop to buy a bar of chocolate isn't going to have much impact (and probably doesn't need writing down unless that's a major character trait), whereas going to a shop to buy a gun probably has an impact and would need GM involvement.
Generally, I'll say if it's something minor, like talking to a shopkeeper to buy chocolate, you can just assume. If you're talking to a plot relevant NPC, maybe let me handle them so I can make sure that they include important tid-bits of information in their responses for example. Same as with high-stakes situations like your example of buying a gun (though guns aren't supposed to be a major part of this game :smile: )
Quote:
Also whether I should / could read the other characters personal scenes - I guess they're private, but also I'm curious!
Yes, feel free to read them. Your characters all know each other so these threads might give you an idea of what they are like so you can anticipate their characters better and play towards them. Obviously, your character wouldn't necessarily know the details of what's going on with them but you as a player can.
Jun 19, 2021 12:52 pm
I think I'd like to open up the first shared scene tomorrow, so everyone, feel free to close out your introduction scenes with your next posts. Alternatively, I'll close them with my next response.
Jun 19, 2021 4:10 pm
Thanks BoS! Not going to lie, when Berglund first mentioned smelling blood I thought you might have been hinting that Eric's feet stank (and were a bit bloody) from training.
Jun 19, 2021 6:21 pm
Rllbbryn says:
Thanks BoS! Not going to lie, when Berglund first mentioned smelling blood I thought you might have been hinting that Eric's feet stank (and were a bit bloody) from training.
EWWWWW lol
Jun 20, 2021 3:09 pm
I may not get a chance to post today - out on a dad's day trip with my family. If I do post, it'll be late tonight (PST)
Jun 23, 2021 6:10 am
Sounds like you're going to investigate after school. I'll still give you all some time to reply and post and then I'll move you ahead and towards the field later today (It's morning for me now)
Jun 23, 2021 8:14 am
Quote:
Eric takes a sidelong glance at Rasmus, "Rasmus, you seem curious, fancy joining us?"
Peter is the one with you. He just mentioned Rasmus as the one who saw the 'cultists' earlier
Jun 23, 2021 8:31 am
Oops! Edited now.
Jun 24, 2021 3:51 pm
Sorry for the late post today! Been a busy day.

Do let me (or Eric, in character) know if Eric is annoying anyone! He wants to be friends really!
Jun 25, 2021 5:41 pm
If you want to attempt to break into the calculator, that would be a Tech+Tinker roll. Yumin is the best at that so if you want to try, she'd be your best bet.
Jun 29, 2021 1:53 pm
Hey all! Enjoying the game!

I'm going away for a couple of days and not sure if I'll have internet. I'll try my best to stay up to date and keep posting, but no guarantees! Feel free to skip over me if needed.
Jun 29, 2021 2:00 pm
Alright, thanks for the heads-up!
Have a nice trip
Jun 29, 2021 8:09 pm
Safe travels Bryn!
Jul 1, 2021 8:29 am
Personal Scenes:

If Kajsa doesn't meet up with us at Mikael's house, Sabine would want to go check on her.

If Kaysa does show at Mikael's, Sabine will want to see her home might then need to make a trip to Slott Vass to pick up some stuff and a change of clothes. Depending on what would transpire there, she would either sleep in the store's back room or make other arrangements.

KCC

Jul 1, 2021 8:40 am
Did Yumin’s mom hear about the body being found? A scene might be nice!
Jul 1, 2021 8:51 am
I'd say the police probably won't release any information about the dead body until the next day. Unless she has some way to get inside information. Maybe there is some speculation or vague information on the news in the morning. Or other ideas?

KCC

Jul 1, 2021 1:05 pm
Yeah, these things have a way of getting around, don’t they? A person who knows a person who works with a person who’s brother is a police officer. :D
Jul 1, 2021 1:25 pm
Sure, we can go with that. Do you want to set it up or should I?

Same question for Rage. I'd say Kajsa won't join you but you can easily go to her place from Mikael's. They dont live that far apart

KCC

Jul 1, 2021 2:01 pm
You set and I shall react! If that works for you!
Jul 1, 2021 2:19 pm
Sabine will try calling Kajsa from Mikael's house land line before going over. I'm okay with you setting up the scene.
Jul 1, 2021 6:01 pm
I'll be opening up the private scenes in a little bit.

@Bryn, I'll leave Eric out for now since you said you're not available at the moment. Should work out fine that you can just rejoin when the group gets together. If you're back already, just let me know.

I'm not planning for these scenes to go on super long, just two or three posts from both sides each, so we'll probably wrap them up around the end of the weekend
Jul 1, 2021 6:06 pm
Quote:
...While none of the Teens know Mark's house or have ever been there, there is only one entry for Mäkinen in Sånga-Säby in the phone book, which you can presume is the house where he lives with his aunt since his mother's death.
Well, that hit a nerve.
Jul 1, 2021 6:22 pm
It's a very unlucky family...
Jul 1, 2021 8:40 pm
Late response - scene is great, thanks for setting up!
RageRed says:
Quote:
...While none of the Teens know Mark's house or have ever been there, there is only one entry for Mäkinen in Sånga-Säby in the phone book, which you can presume is the house where he lives with his aunt since his mother's death.
Well, that hit a nerve.
@RageRed - one of my private questions during character creation involved this information and I remember thinking how similar that was to Sabine's background, thought it was funny/odd/interesting. It helped me think not only about how Mikael would see Mark, but also how he might feel about Sabine.
Jul 1, 2021 8:50 pm
Funny coincidence how well that fits with her background
Jul 2, 2021 7:15 am
C1NDER says:

"Yes," he replies, "I had some friends over after school, but they left a while ago." He quietly glances over at the liquor cabinet to confirm Sabine closed it up properly after he gave her free reign over its contents - it looks neat enough and he hopes his father didn't notice the glance.
@RageRed - from my personal scene, since I wasn't able to properly respond to this in the group scene in time.
Jul 2, 2021 7:31 am
It is an odd coincidence that Sabine's situation is very similar to that Mark was in and with her focus on Empathy, it really is difficult not to put herself in his shoes. She wonders if his living arrangement was like her own or a better one and hopes it was the latter.

@C1NDER,
Thanks for that. I can now confidently include Sabine is cautious and a bit paranoid that there may be alcohol on her breath even though she would have taken steps prevent it.
Last edited July 2, 2021 7:32 am
Jul 3, 2021 5:10 am
Hey all! I'm back now. I'll wait until the next scene starts. Eric would have gone home however possible and if his mother was there he would have confided in her. If she wasn't he would have looked after his little brother.
Last edited July 3, 2021 5:13 am
Jul 3, 2021 5:38 am
If you want to, you can just make a post in your personal thread to describe what Eric does and have a talk with his mother
Jul 3, 2021 11:02 am
@ bowlofspinach and KCC69

Question for GMs of the system:

If you were going to run a game based in the Tales From the Loop/Things from the Flood system that possibly included slightly older/young adult characters who had training (Professionally or otherwise) how would you handle rolls to reflect this training?

IE:

Say, Sabine is 21 now, and has realized her dream of becoming a professional singer. She has a band and they tour nationally, with a recording contract. Would using her training as a part of a roll constitute a bonus in dice?

Nameless character has joined the military, passed boot camp, and in their first term of service. They are licensed to carry a sidearm. Would the pistol give them bonus dice to a Force roll?

I have some early ideas rolling around in my head for something I may try in the future. Thanks ahead for your thoughts on this.
Last edited July 3, 2021 11:03 am
Jul 3, 2021 11:31 am
Hm, it could be treated similar to a Pride/Shame, as in providing a free reroll
Jul 3, 2021 11:44 am
Okay, I updated all the private threads again. Feel free to wrap them up with your next posts and then I'll open up the next shared scene whenever you're all ready!
You'll have some time in school to discuss where to go next for your investigation.
Jul 4, 2021 2:26 pm
Awesome posts, everybody! I'm really enjoying all your characters.

New thread will be up in a bit. Just need to give myself some time for proofreading 😃
Jul 7, 2021 4:23 pm
Looking good. Feel free to still reply to the Chapter 2 thread for now if you want but I'll open up the scene at Mark's house later today. In a couple of hours or so.
Jul 9, 2021 7:50 pm
Going to post in a second. Just checking something

Rolls

Secret Roll

Jul 12, 2021 1:14 pm
So it turns out this house is a fortress...
Jul 12, 2021 2:49 pm
A fail doesn't necessarily mean a fail. It can also be a partial success or a success at a cost. So don't worry, you're not at a standstill. You can also always decide to push, taking a condition in order to reroll all dice that don't show a 6.

Not necessary right now, though. (Writing a post)

Rolls

Secret Roll

Jul 15, 2021 7:27 am
I don't have access to the rules at the moment and just wanted to check something. I think you previously said you don't like us all rolling for the same thing but is there any sort of help mechanic? So at the moment Eric probably isn't going to lead an investigation because of his sore hand, but he's happy to help out, flipping things over here and there with his stick.
Jul 15, 2021 7:39 am
Yes, you can definitely help. Just post saying that you're helping and how and the person who makes the roll gets an extra D6
Jul 15, 2021 8:57 am
Bryn with the assist! I forgot about the extra 1d6 until after I posted my investigate roll - saw Rage adding the +1 die for assist and went back to roll and got a 6! That hockey stick is good luck
Last edited July 15, 2021 8:58 am
Jul 15, 2021 9:06 am
Sabine failed the Comprehend roll. Should I Push the roll and reroll for a Condition?
Jul 15, 2021 9:17 am
RageRed says:
Sabine failed the Comprehend roll. Should I Push the roll and reroll for a Condition?
Completely up to you. Seems like it could be an important clue to another location, but we might find our way there otherwise.

I don't have the rules with me right now, how bad are the conditions?
Last edited July 15, 2021 9:18 am
Jul 15, 2021 9:19 am
I'm not overly concerned about the clue. It's the Trouble we may get into if I miss the roll.

Edit: Yeah. I think we're in trouble. Dice aren't cooperating.
Last edited July 15, 2021 9:21 am
Jul 15, 2021 9:29 am
No kidding, wow...might have to scramble back out that window quick
Jul 15, 2021 9:38 am
Quote:
They're a -1 to everything until you take care of them (cumulative, if you have multiple)
Jul 15, 2021 10:43 am
bowlofspinach says:
Quote:
They're a -1 to everything until you take care of them (cumulative, if you have multiple)
Ew that's not fun lol thanks for the reminder!
Jul 15, 2021 5:28 pm
Rules Question:

If we are using our Iconic item as a part of a roll, shouldn't we get +2d6 to the roll?

For instance, if Eric uses his hockey stick to pry open a door...
Jul 15, 2021 6:01 pm
Yes, the iconic item gives two extra dice
Jul 16, 2021 7:01 pm
why do I get the feeling this is going to go very badly? o.0

@bowlofspinach, what are the odds I have Mark's home phone number in his phone? Did we get that earlier when we found the address in the phone book? Is there a roll for that?
Last edited July 16, 2021 7:04 pm
Jul 16, 2021 7:06 pm
Definitely not the play I was expecting but I like it.
I'll wait for the others to react and then we'll see how it goes. Unless they decide to just jump out of the window 😆
Jul 16, 2021 7:08 pm
The number would have been there so if you think you would have written it down, you did, though I'm not sure why you would have...
Otherwise, you might have his number on some class list at home but you probably weren't close enough for it to be saved into your phone
Jul 16, 2021 7:15 pm
Sounds good! I think since I didn't specify I took it down, I didn't.
Jul 18, 2021 1:15 am
Either Mikael or Sabine, give me a Charm roll to convince her. With one extra die for the help from the other one.

I really like that roleplay. Very convincing, considering the circumstances
Jul 18, 2021 1:44 am
bowlofspinach says:
Either Mikael or Sabine, give me a Charm roll to convince her. With one extra die for the help from the other one.

I really like that roleplay. Very convincing, considering the circumstances
Thanks!

I'll have 9 dice w/ the +1 from the assist. As I think that's max for first level, I'll go ahead and roll it - sorry in advance if I whiff it :|

EDIT: One success! (out of all those dice lol)
Last edited July 18, 2021 1:45 am

Rolls

Charm (4d6 Heart + 3d6 Charm + 1d6 Assist) - (9d6)

(145414653) = 33

Jul 18, 2021 8:20 am
4+3+1 adds up to 8 dice total, but even removing that last die you rolled, that's still a success.

You can get even more dice. I think the highest you can get without leveling up any skills from character creation would be 11D6, 5+3, and then +1 from an assist and +2 from your iconic item.
Jul 18, 2021 8:58 am
Oops, typo - my Heart stat is 5, not 4.
Jul 20, 2021 5:11 am
Setting up the next thread now!

Rolls

Secret Roll

Jul 23, 2021 5:53 pm
@KCC: What are you tinkering at?
Jul 24, 2021 9:34 pm
@Bowlofspinach,

What can we reasonably have as far as personal items on our person?

Possibilities ?
Backpack, books, writing instrument, paper, math paraphernalia [ruler, compass, protractor, calculator, etc], house key, work key, key ring, wallet [with cash]/purse/money clip, breath mints, chewing gum, lighter, cigarettes, nail clippers [on key ring], makeup, mace [small can on key ring], small flashlight [on key ring], pocket knife, etc.
Last edited July 24, 2021 9:35 pm
Jul 24, 2021 11:00 pm
I generally trust people with inventory, so if you say you think Sabine would have X, then she'll have it on her.
Out of this list, I think everything would be fine if you think it would be on your person. I'm not sure how many people, even girls, in semi-rural sweden in the 90s would be carrying mace but I wouldn't disallow it, especially if you come up with a reason for it, like with Yumin's scene with her mom.

Generally, if you don't say you're pulling out a rocket launcher, I might question it but I'll most likely permit it
Jul 24, 2021 11:08 pm
Sabine would have been exposed to much larger cities and populations before moving to Sweden. The mace, to me would be the most questionable of those things I put on the possible list. I guess I should look and see how available personal defense mace was in the mid-90's Europe.

I am going to compose a short list and add it to Sabine's sheet. I have already put a few things on there that are a given, like her keys and a hoodie.
Jul 24, 2021 11:19 pm
If you want to create a list, feel free to but I don't require it.

When I first started playing Pathfinder, I loved equipment micromanagement. Now, that's the most boring thing imaginable in RPGs for me 😄 So I just let people have whatever they want to have
Jul 24, 2021 11:23 pm
I just looked up the current laws in Sweden regarding mace and knives. Mace requires a license and you have to be someone with a job like a cop, or corrections officer. Knives are mostly illegal, but not sure if pocket knife is included in that under a certain number of inches or if that's for all knives.

I also don't know if these laws were in effect in the 90's.
Last edited July 24, 2021 11:24 pm
Jul 29, 2021 10:26 am
Feature Testing

Rolls

From the Flood: Sneak - (5D6)

(44133) = 15

Jul 29, 2021 10:33 am
Okay, you should be able to, when you go to the advanced section of making a post, select your character underneath the text box and then click on a skill to roll to have those dice automatically added to your post.

Try it out!

Also, check if I made any errors coyping your values over.
@Mikael, you only spent 9 points on your skills, I believe. It should be 10, so you can still add a skill point somewhere.
Jul 29, 2021 10:34 am
You can also now click on your dice roll results to sort them lowest to highest or highest to lowest, which should make finding successes a bit easier, especially with large rolls
Jul 29, 2021 10:59 am
More Feature Testing

Rolls

Test - (10D6)

(5431463265) = 39

Jul 29, 2021 11:02 am
I also added a feature to bold all rolled sixes to make finding successes even easier. I could also turn them green and underline them if you want them even more visible but that seemed a bit much to me
Jul 30, 2021 8:56 pm
It seems you're close to finishing up in the therapy center and for the day. Take your time but also already think about a potential personal scene between now and your next meeting up the next day.
And what your next step in this investigation will be.
Jul 30, 2021 9:24 pm
Do we recover conditions with sleep or does it have to be through an anchor or some other means?

Being the next day is Saturday, it is likely Sabine will have to work a part of the day or night and I was thinking she may have a singing lesson.
Jul 30, 2021 9:27 pm
You need to recover conditions through your anchor or by sharing a scene with another PC that is in some way related to your group tension. Either of which you could do for your personal scene
Aug 7, 2021 11:41 am
With the personal scenes all wrapping up, I'll get started on the Turslunda Marshes intro. I'll get it up before the end of the day (my day, so within the next ten hours or so 😄)

We're more than halfway through the adventure at this point.
Any feedback, pointers, etc., now might be a good time if you want me to implement them for the rest of this game
Aug 7, 2021 7:28 pm
Double-checked the map and the marshes are entirely not where I thought they were 😅 But we'll go with them being up north now. As long as none of us are actually from the Mälaren, we can survive with some geographical inaccuracies
Aug 16, 2021 5:20 pm
You have all the pieces of the mystery now and once you have wrapped up your conversation with the Shaman, we're probably going to be heading to the final confrontation of this adventure.

Before we do that, though, I'd love if you (one of you or you all collectively) could just let me know what you figured out of the mystery. What exactly happened and why and what is going on?
Just so I can fill in any gaps and so you're all fully in the picture when we head to the climax of the game.

Maybe one of you can just start and the others can then chime in with additions (or write that they don't know anything more, so we know who's seen it and who hasn't).

KCC

Aug 18, 2021 12:02 pm
So the way I’ve gathered is, is that:

We found the body of Mark in the field. We don’t know who or what killed him. It looked like maybe a suicide, or at least set up to seem that way.

At school the next day, we encounter Mark’s aunt, grieving. This sets us on the trail of heading to his house, where we get some interesting pictures and some correspondence that leads us to the robots and the doctor.

At the doctor’s office, we find her missing, and some terrible robot-biological hybrids in the basement. All signs point to the marsh and the robots.

We go to the marsh and speak with the elder shaman. He tells us that some of his crew want to procreate, and live. Perhaps they abducted the doctor to continue her, thus far failed, experiments on making biological robots.

Maybe Mark witnessed this abduction and was killed by the splinter faction. Or perhaps he was working together with the doctor and disagreed with her. She, or the robots, killed him and fled to continue their work?

How does any of that sound?
Aug 18, 2021 5:37 pm
The two parts you're still missing in the puzzle are this
Quote:
Yumin inspects the radio and finds that it has been extensively modified with complicated technology. She tries to turn it on but nothing happens. It appears to not be working. Yumin can't quite understand at first what it does but then she spots a small note with names written down in the same scribbled handwriting as the dedication in Mark's book. Some have been crossed out, some marked with a "?". Going through the list - Peace Maker, Back-At-You, Empathy Enforcer, War Ender - she finally puts it together. This radio seems to have been a failed attempt to create a device that transmits human emotions as radio waves.
and this
Quote:
The project is completed and I have finally succeeded. My technology will save humanity from itself. I almost can't believe it. Now it only remains to return to the bunker and terminate the trial subject. It will put a strain on my relationship with the robots of course, but I'm sure I can make them understand.
Liv seems to have had other plans than the robots
Aug 18, 2021 5:54 pm
I nentioned the first of the above in an OOC in the IC thread, as Yumin was the one who found and determined the radio's function. Since it wasn't shared in-character as far as I can tell, I didn't want to have Sabine mention it.

The second thing above, along with the weird and escalating phantom pains and visions, is partially why Sabine knows that this machine fetus exists and not conjecture. The machine parts and organic matter in the basement are proof of this. It also ties Mark's notes about the Totem Clan and the kidnapping. The Totem Clan and Dr. Liv were at odds over this fetus.

The bunker mentioned in Dr. Liv's computer file has also now been identified by the stencil on the crates in the basement and Shaman's confirmation of KAB III.

We know that Shaman and his people decorated Mark's body and has hung black cloth in the swamp as a sign of mourning for him. Shaman also has told us the Totem Clan killed Mark and their leader is Jane.
Last edited August 18, 2021 6:28 pm
Aug 18, 2021 6:03 pm
I would assume Yumin shared that info with the others. I'm also mostly thinking about getting all the players on the same page at the moment.
Aug 18, 2021 6:04 pm
Quote:
their leader is Alice.
Jane
Aug 18, 2021 6:28 pm
bowlofspinach says:
Quote:
their leader is Alice.
Jane
Yes. Jane. Where did Alice come from? ;P
Aug 19, 2021 2:27 am
I'll add some more thoughts on this in a few, i think i get it

EDIT:: Okay - so here goes.
Quote:
Going through the list - Peace Maker, Back-At-You, Empathy Enforcer, War Ender - she finally put
Dr. Liv is building a device, and as Rage said above, the purpose of the machine is not what the robots expected when Dr. Liv came to them promising the ability to procreate. The words above are proposed names for this device she is building. The names speak volumes about what her ultimate goal for the device is - it is a device to impose empathic signals onto the human brain with the goal of pacifying the people.

The device depends on the robots, otherwise why would she have needed to approach them to make her plan work. She has found a way to combine organic matter with robotic parts in order to create some sort of hybrid creature. The creature is implanted with an empathic resonator that is pushing its own fetal thoughts on the town. It's a prototype and it functions, but now that she knows it works, she wanted to pull the plug and use the technology in the manner that supports her actual goals.

The robots, not so keen on being duped, kidnap her to attempt to force her to complete her original promise to them after they found out about her alternative motives. Mark sees this take place and they kill him.

...close-ish?
Last edited August 19, 2021 3:51 am
Aug 19, 2021 5:46 am
Yes, that's pretty much it.

Liv wants to create a machine to create world peace by being able to trransmit emotionsand experiences between people. To experiment and test out her device, she promised the Vagabonds to help them procreate but only the Totem Clan accepted the offer and joined her. They started out in Liv's basement but then moved the experiment to a remote bunker in the northeast of the island.
Liv's experiment is successful and the whole town is getting hit by the emotions and feelings of this "Machine Fetus" as it's slowly and painfully being "born". Liv wants to end the experiment but the robots discover it and kidnap her to force her to keep working on it.
Mark sees the abduction and is then killed by the Totem Clan so he can't tell anyone of what they're doing. They moved his body and it was found by the rest of the Vagabonds who decorated it to honor their dead friend.
Aug 19, 2021 5:58 am
Ah hey, sorry! My Internet has been all kinds of terrible the past couple of days and I've not been able to check in. Will catch up now, seems I missed a bit!

Edit - okay! All caught up! So, we're off to see the bunker and turn this thing off.
Last edited August 19, 2021 6:05 am
Aug 24, 2021 7:41 pm
How big are the remains of the robot? Can it fit in my backpack?
Aug 24, 2021 7:47 pm
It's the size of a an adult human torso, but much heavier since it's made from metal. It wouldn't fit in your backpack but you could somehow find a way to attach it to your back and carry it. It would hinder you, though

It would hinder cinder
Aug 24, 2021 7:49 pm
bowlofspinach says:
It would hinder cinder
Lol!
Aug 25, 2021 12:13 am
Hah! good to know ;) ty
Aug 28, 2021 9:34 am
BTW, Sabine also has a packpack she can shrug off in her run and use to swat off robots if she needs to, but I am hoping Eric can handle that with his hockey stick. How extra dice would Sabine get for using the item (backpack) to keep the robots off so she can accomplish her task?
Last edited August 28, 2021 9:34 am
Aug 28, 2021 9:38 am
Well... I rolled a lot of 1's...

Edit - Okay, two sixes that time, and a shamed extra for three total.
Last edited August 28, 2021 9:48 am
Aug 28, 2021 9:39 am
See IC thread. Reroll as a Push (all 10 dice) and take a condition.
Aug 28, 2021 2:18 pm
Looking good so far! Now we just need three successes from Mikael and this will go off without a hitch
Aug 28, 2021 8:49 pm
It's going to take me a moment to figure out what Mikael's doing here. His best skills are social (not sure how charm would work against these robots lol) I'll think of something.
Aug 28, 2021 9:25 pm
No rush. But if you want to go social, you can try it
Aug 28, 2021 10:41 pm
Charm also includes lie and manipulate. Distraction and diversion using charm are options.
Sep 8, 2021 4:24 am
I'll jave a post up tonight on this. I've been mulling over things and I think I want to plant Mark's calculator at her house and pin his death on her. Is that terrible? She is indirectly responsible for it....
Last edited September 8, 2021 4:24 am

KCC

Sep 12, 2021 1:20 pm
What a fun ride! Thanks, Bowl! I started off a little lukewarm on Yumin, but had great time for her by the end!
Sep 12, 2021 3:21 pm
Glad you enjoyed seeing the game from the other side, KCC!
I hope you others enjoyed it as well
Sep 12, 2021 3:22 pm
I was thinking, since I feel it went pretty well, would you all be alright with me making it public, in case anyone wants to read through it?
Sep 18, 2021 6:35 am
@Rllbbryn, do you still want to add a final post to wrap up things for Eric?

Since it seems nobody minds, I'm going to make this game public one of these days. Maybe someone would be interested in reading through it!
Sep 18, 2021 7:18 am
Perfectly ok with me, too!
Sep 18, 2021 9:29 am
I purposefully didn't advance Sabine's story too far into the future on the chance that someday I may get to reprise her role in another set of troubles.

How did we do overall? Xps?
Sep 18, 2021 10:04 am
I'm planning to run another game in the near future (Flood or Loop, not sure yet). If you're interested and it fits (depending on which I'll go with and the setting), you might be able to play her again. We'll see.

For XP, I skipped those because of the oneshot nature of the game but if you're interested:
Quote:
After the Mystery, or the session if the Mystery continues, the Teens get Experience Points (XP) that the players can use to increase skill levels. Read the five questions below out loud to the group, and let the players answer them. Each "yes" answer translates to 1 XP. Increasing a skill level by 1 costs 5 XP. No skill may be raised above 5, and the Teens may only save up to 10 XP. XP may be spent before or after a session, never during play

QUESTIONS FOR EXPERIENCE POINTS
1. Did you participate in the session? (Each Teen present always gets at least 1 XP)
2. Did your Problem or Relationships get you in Trouble?
3. Were you Broken and forced to take a Scar?
4. Did you put yourself in harm’s way to resolve the
Mystery?
5. Did you learn something new? (What?)
Sep 18, 2021 10:19 am
I would very much like the possibility to play Sabine again, if she fits.

Of the questions above, I would say yes to #1, #4, and #5.

The what would be many. Learning about robots. Finding out that Dr. Liv has made an empathy machine and an abomination in the machine fetus.
Sep 18, 2021 10:22 am
1, 4 and 5 apply to all of you, I would say.
None of you got broken, so no to 3.

2 is the more complicated question. But definitely between 3 and 4 XP for each of you

You do not have permission to post in this thread.