TftF Out of Character

load previous
Jul 4, 2021 2:26 pm
Awesome posts, everybody! I'm really enjoying all your characters.

New thread will be up in a bit. Just need to give myself some time for proofreading 😃
Jul 7, 2021 4:23 pm
Looking good. Feel free to still reply to the Chapter 2 thread for now if you want but I'll open up the scene at Mark's house later today. In a couple of hours or so.
Jul 9, 2021 7:50 pm
Going to post in a second. Just checking something

Rolls

Secret Roll

Jul 12, 2021 1:14 pm
So it turns out this house is a fortress...
Jul 12, 2021 2:49 pm
A fail doesn't necessarily mean a fail. It can also be a partial success or a success at a cost. So don't worry, you're not at a standstill. You can also always decide to push, taking a condition in order to reroll all dice that don't show a 6.

Not necessary right now, though. (Writing a post)

Rolls

Secret Roll

Jul 15, 2021 7:27 am
I don't have access to the rules at the moment and just wanted to check something. I think you previously said you don't like us all rolling for the same thing but is there any sort of help mechanic? So at the moment Eric probably isn't going to lead an investigation because of his sore hand, but he's happy to help out, flipping things over here and there with his stick.
Jul 15, 2021 7:39 am
Yes, you can definitely help. Just post saying that you're helping and how and the person who makes the roll gets an extra D6
Jul 15, 2021 8:57 am
Bryn with the assist! I forgot about the extra 1d6 until after I posted my investigate roll - saw Rage adding the +1 die for assist and went back to roll and got a 6! That hockey stick is good luck
Last edited July 15, 2021 8:58 am
Jul 15, 2021 9:06 am
Sabine failed the Comprehend roll. Should I Push the roll and reroll for a Condition?
Jul 15, 2021 9:17 am
RageRed says:
Sabine failed the Comprehend roll. Should I Push the roll and reroll for a Condition?
Completely up to you. Seems like it could be an important clue to another location, but we might find our way there otherwise.

I don't have the rules with me right now, how bad are the conditions?
Last edited July 15, 2021 9:18 am
Jul 15, 2021 9:19 am
I'm not overly concerned about the clue. It's the Trouble we may get into if I miss the roll.

Edit: Yeah. I think we're in trouble. Dice aren't cooperating.
Last edited July 15, 2021 9:21 am
Jul 15, 2021 9:29 am
No kidding, wow...might have to scramble back out that window quick
Jul 15, 2021 9:38 am
Quote:
They're a -1 to everything until you take care of them (cumulative, if you have multiple)
Jul 15, 2021 10:43 am
bowlofspinach says:
Quote:
They're a -1 to everything until you take care of them (cumulative, if you have multiple)
Ew that's not fun lol thanks for the reminder!
Jul 15, 2021 5:28 pm
Rules Question:

If we are using our Iconic item as a part of a roll, shouldn't we get +2d6 to the roll?

For instance, if Eric uses his hockey stick to pry open a door...
Jul 15, 2021 6:01 pm
Yes, the iconic item gives two extra dice
Jul 16, 2021 7:01 pm
why do I get the feeling this is going to go very badly? o.0

@bowlofspinach, what are the odds I have Mark's home phone number in his phone? Did we get that earlier when we found the address in the phone book? Is there a roll for that?
Last edited July 16, 2021 7:04 pm
Jul 16, 2021 7:06 pm
Definitely not the play I was expecting but I like it.
I'll wait for the others to react and then we'll see how it goes. Unless they decide to just jump out of the window 😆
Jul 16, 2021 7:08 pm
The number would have been there so if you think you would have written it down, you did, though I'm not sure why you would have...
Otherwise, you might have his number on some class list at home but you probably weren't close enough for it to be saved into your phone
Jul 16, 2021 7:15 pm
Sounds good! I think since I didn't specify I took it down, I didn't.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.