TftF Out of Character

load previous
Jul 18, 2021 1:15 am
Either Mikael or Sabine, give me a Charm roll to convince her. With one extra die for the help from the other one.

I really like that roleplay. Very convincing, considering the circumstances
Jul 18, 2021 1:44 am
bowlofspinach says:
Either Mikael or Sabine, give me a Charm roll to convince her. With one extra die for the help from the other one.

I really like that roleplay. Very convincing, considering the circumstances
Thanks!

I'll have 9 dice w/ the +1 from the assist. As I think that's max for first level, I'll go ahead and roll it - sorry in advance if I whiff it :|

EDIT: One success! (out of all those dice lol)
Last edited July 18, 2021 1:45 am

Rolls

Charm (4d6 Heart + 3d6 Charm + 1d6 Assist) - (9d6)

(145414653) = 33

Jul 18, 2021 8:20 am
4+3+1 adds up to 8 dice total, but even removing that last die you rolled, that's still a success.

You can get even more dice. I think the highest you can get without leveling up any skills from character creation would be 11D6, 5+3, and then +1 from an assist and +2 from your iconic item.
Jul 18, 2021 8:58 am
Oops, typo - my Heart stat is 5, not 4.
Jul 20, 2021 5:11 am
Setting up the next thread now!

Rolls

Secret Roll

Jul 23, 2021 5:53 pm
@KCC: What are you tinkering at?
Jul 24, 2021 9:34 pm
@Bowlofspinach,

What can we reasonably have as far as personal items on our person?

Possibilities ?
Backpack, books, writing instrument, paper, math paraphernalia [ruler, compass, protractor, calculator, etc], house key, work key, key ring, wallet [with cash]/purse/money clip, breath mints, chewing gum, lighter, cigarettes, nail clippers [on key ring], makeup, mace [small can on key ring], small flashlight [on key ring], pocket knife, etc.
Last edited July 24, 2021 9:35 pm
Jul 24, 2021 11:00 pm
I generally trust people with inventory, so if you say you think Sabine would have X, then she'll have it on her.
Out of this list, I think everything would be fine if you think it would be on your person. I'm not sure how many people, even girls, in semi-rural sweden in the 90s would be carrying mace but I wouldn't disallow it, especially if you come up with a reason for it, like with Yumin's scene with her mom.

Generally, if you don't say you're pulling out a rocket launcher, I might question it but I'll most likely permit it
Jul 24, 2021 11:08 pm
Sabine would have been exposed to much larger cities and populations before moving to Sweden. The mace, to me would be the most questionable of those things I put on the possible list. I guess I should look and see how available personal defense mace was in the mid-90's Europe.

I am going to compose a short list and add it to Sabine's sheet. I have already put a few things on there that are a given, like her keys and a hoodie.
Jul 24, 2021 11:19 pm
If you want to create a list, feel free to but I don't require it.

When I first started playing Pathfinder, I loved equipment micromanagement. Now, that's the most boring thing imaginable in RPGs for me 😄 So I just let people have whatever they want to have
Jul 24, 2021 11:23 pm
I just looked up the current laws in Sweden regarding mace and knives. Mace requires a license and you have to be someone with a job like a cop, or corrections officer. Knives are mostly illegal, but not sure if pocket knife is included in that under a certain number of inches or if that's for all knives.

I also don't know if these laws were in effect in the 90's.
Last edited July 24, 2021 11:24 pm
Jul 29, 2021 10:26 am
Feature Testing

Rolls

From the Flood: Sneak - (5D6)

(44133) = 15

Jul 29, 2021 10:33 am
Okay, you should be able to, when you go to the advanced section of making a post, select your character underneath the text box and then click on a skill to roll to have those dice automatically added to your post.

Try it out!

Also, check if I made any errors coyping your values over.
@Mikael, you only spent 9 points on your skills, I believe. It should be 10, so you can still add a skill point somewhere.
Jul 29, 2021 10:34 am
You can also now click on your dice roll results to sort them lowest to highest or highest to lowest, which should make finding successes a bit easier, especially with large rolls
Jul 29, 2021 10:59 am
More Feature Testing

Rolls

Test - (10D6)

(5431463265) = 39

Jul 29, 2021 11:02 am
I also added a feature to bold all rolled sixes to make finding successes even easier. I could also turn them green and underline them if you want them even more visible but that seemed a bit much to me
Jul 30, 2021 8:56 pm
It seems you're close to finishing up in the therapy center and for the day. Take your time but also already think about a potential personal scene between now and your next meeting up the next day.
And what your next step in this investigation will be.
Jul 30, 2021 9:24 pm
Do we recover conditions with sleep or does it have to be through an anchor or some other means?

Being the next day is Saturday, it is likely Sabine will have to work a part of the day or night and I was thinking she may have a singing lesson.
Jul 30, 2021 9:27 pm
You need to recover conditions through your anchor or by sharing a scene with another PC that is in some way related to your group tension. Either of which you could do for your personal scene
Aug 7, 2021 11:41 am
With the personal scenes all wrapping up, I'll get started on the Turslunda Marshes intro. I'll get it up before the end of the day (my day, so within the next ten hours or so 😄)

We're more than halfway through the adventure at this point.
Any feedback, pointers, etc., now might be a good time if you want me to implement them for the rest of this game
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.