TftF Out of Character

Jun 8, 2021 9:35 am
This channel is just for all kinds of general OOC talk, whether related to the game or not. Though we can also use the GP Discord for that.
Jun 17, 2021 4:38 pm
I have set up your individual threads for our "Introducing the Teens" scenes. These are primarily for you to get a first idea of how to play your characters and what their lives are like.
I want to get through these fairly quickly, maybe three or four posts back and forth. Feel free to add as much or as little detail as you feel like.

If something I set up in these scenes doesn't match your vision for your character or important NPCs around them, let me know. These are as much for me to get to know these characters as for you.

Once all of these are wrapped up, I will get you all together in a shared scene to introduce the mystery.
Jun 17, 2021 6:06 pm
Sounds good.

It occurs to me I never really defined the political position Mikael's dad holds. If you're okay with it, I'll leave it vague for now and let you decide the position how/if/when it becomes important.
Jun 17, 2021 6:08 pm
I guess I am being dense at the moment, but what is the Coop Kajsa mentions in the IC?
Jun 17, 2021 6:19 pm
Sorry, yeah, that wasnt clear. It's a supermarket I figured she works at
Jun 17, 2021 6:22 pm
Thanks.

BTW, unless you've already named the record store, I have come up with Hål i Öronmask, the Earworm Hole.
Jun 17, 2021 6:47 pm
I like it. Let's use that
Jun 18, 2021 4:40 pm
Bryn just messaged me with some questions and I figured the answers might be of use to everyone:
Quote:
Things like dice rolling - in live DnD I typically wait for the DM to ask for the roll, do we do that here? I imagine that would take a lot of time so maybe pre-emptive rolls? (not that my most recent post needs any rolls, just curious for the future)
Generally, yes, rolling pre-emptively is a useful thing in PBP, but TftL and TftF are, for lack of a better word, stricter with their rolls than for example D&D. Rolls are supposed to move the story forward, both success and failure. And not everything requires a roll necessarily. If you feel like a roll might be appropriate at some point, feel free to add one but I might ignore it if I feel like the situation doesn't require one or if I feel like players are bunching up on rolls (the classic "Person X failed their roll, I'll make one and maybe I'll succeed).
Quote:
Similarly cases where I interact with NPC's can I assume and write their answers? - e.g. If we go to a shop to buy something, do we go through multiple posts asking the shop keeper questions about what they have, how much things cost etc. or do we just write out the whole scene. I guess it's dependant on the story - going to a shop to buy a bar of chocolate isn't going to have much impact (and probably doesn't need writing down unless that's a major character trait), whereas going to a shop to buy a gun probably has an impact and would need GM involvement.
Generally, I'll say if it's something minor, like talking to a shopkeeper to buy chocolate, you can just assume. If you're talking to a plot relevant NPC, maybe let me handle them so I can make sure that they include important tid-bits of information in their responses for example. Same as with high-stakes situations like your example of buying a gun (though guns aren't supposed to be a major part of this game :smile: )
Quote:
Also whether I should / could read the other characters personal scenes - I guess they're private, but also I'm curious!
Yes, feel free to read them. Your characters all know each other so these threads might give you an idea of what they are like so you can anticipate their characters better and play towards them. Obviously, your character wouldn't necessarily know the details of what's going on with them but you as a player can.
Jun 19, 2021 12:52 pm
I think I'd like to open up the first shared scene tomorrow, so everyone, feel free to close out your introduction scenes with your next posts. Alternatively, I'll close them with my next response.
Jun 19, 2021 4:10 pm
Thanks BoS! Not going to lie, when Berglund first mentioned smelling blood I thought you might have been hinting that Eric's feet stank (and were a bit bloody) from training.
Jun 19, 2021 6:21 pm
Rllbbryn says:
Thanks BoS! Not going to lie, when Berglund first mentioned smelling blood I thought you might have been hinting that Eric's feet stank (and were a bit bloody) from training.
EWWWWW lol
Jun 20, 2021 3:09 pm
I may not get a chance to post today - out on a dad's day trip with my family. If I do post, it'll be late tonight (PST)
Jun 23, 2021 6:10 am
Sounds like you're going to investigate after school. I'll still give you all some time to reply and post and then I'll move you ahead and towards the field later today (It's morning for me now)
Jun 23, 2021 8:14 am
Quote:
Eric takes a sidelong glance at Rasmus, "Rasmus, you seem curious, fancy joining us?"
Peter is the one with you. He just mentioned Rasmus as the one who saw the 'cultists' earlier
Jun 23, 2021 8:31 am
Oops! Edited now.
Jun 24, 2021 3:51 pm
Sorry for the late post today! Been a busy day.

Do let me (or Eric, in character) know if Eric is annoying anyone! He wants to be friends really!
Jun 25, 2021 5:41 pm
If you want to attempt to break into the calculator, that would be a Tech+Tinker roll. Yumin is the best at that so if you want to try, she'd be your best bet.
Jun 29, 2021 1:53 pm
Hey all! Enjoying the game!

I'm going away for a couple of days and not sure if I'll have internet. I'll try my best to stay up to date and keep posting, but no guarantees! Feel free to skip over me if needed.
Jun 29, 2021 2:00 pm
Alright, thanks for the heads-up!
Have a nice trip
Jun 29, 2021 8:09 pm
Safe travels Bryn!
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.