2: The Citadel

load previous
Sep 2, 2021 3:27 am
Vanessa listens intently to Takeshi; her eyes are full of anticipation and rational portion of her mind trying to calm whatever wild ideas are filling her head. It doesn't last though. A job? That's what this is right, legally? A position to join the... 'crew'. Yes that will sound very official.

"I WOULD LO- Yes, an agreeable venture. Would be a great opportunity toooo....establish new remote clients and trade routes! I will need to make a few arrangements back at citadel in preparation for my leave of absence." She is playing it so cool, almost didn't even get visibly giddy.

Vanessa has at least 50 questions she wants to ask, but this is certainly not an opportune time for probing. I wonder if they're criminals? Nomads?
OOC:
I will take the sword, seems useful. Will update my character sheet soon.
Sep 2, 2021 5:10 am
OOC:
I've realised that despite being great for a stealthy fighter, the scale mail is still nevertheless Medium armor, and Khezzik isn't proficient with it. While I like the idea of it, he would be completely crippled by wearing it at the moment - I might be able to pick up armor proficiency later (e.g. at 8th level) and wear it then.
Sep 2, 2021 6:31 am
CherokeeWind says:
OOC:
Turner would point out that the party has an unknown distance to travel. They may have need of resources currently not in their possession. The items maybe not be of specific use now but could be something to trade in the future. Plus if these items would draw the evil yuan-ti back to the area then it would be a tragedy for all.
OOC:
Those are very good, and seldom heard, points
Sep 2, 2021 1:17 pm
OOC:
Excellent points, Turner. I concur.
Khezzik, the scales might be a cool feat-unlocked item for your character. Did we lose the Firbolg? The ranger could use the scales.
Leveled up!
The cylinders was a fun adventure, Rune.
Takeshi returned to the helm, settling in with his scroll. He meditated on what had transpired, what lie ahead, and what could come from this journey. The wizard found himself longing for the mist-shrouded shrine of his mentor, to hear his counsel. The aged elf channeled this reverie using his ancient grimoire as a focus. The scaled guardians rose from the mists, flanking the torii gates on the seaward slopes. Takeshi ascended the steps and pressed open great hall's ornate doors.

"You rouse me from my slumber, Takeshi Far Traveler. Whence have you called me?"

The elf opened his golden eyes to see the mists had formed in the helm, condensing into the face of a venerable dragon. The elf bowed low and replied with reverence, "Togashi-no-kami, your pearls of wisdom illumine my steps among the star paths. I would have your counsel to return to ningen-do."

Togashi's visage stared beyond the helm toward the approaching dwarven citadel. "We have much to discuss, my apprentice."
Sep 7, 2021 1:44 pm
You return to Pelk with a fresh shipment of crabmeat and the dwarfs are very happy. As agreed Pelk puts his finger down on your map at a small cluster called Færie
OOC:
I have marked it with a blue Y. The Realm (your home) is marked with a white X token
[ +- ] full map
Sep 7, 2021 4:56 pm
Given the information, Takeshi coordinates with First Mate Turner to devise a route. The proposed course would venture through the Amonkhet, along the erratic flow if it appears or via Zendikar, and drive them straight to Realm and Waterdeep.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/677156577731674117/884845265364877322/unknown.png
Last edited September 7, 2021 4:59 pm
Sep 7, 2021 5:16 pm
I have moved your post to 3. The voyage and we continue in the 3 chapter

Thread locked